1000kg bust at Two Wells

g'day; i heard on news today that a guy at Two Wells, north of Adelaide was busted with 1000kg of dry cannabis, packed into 200 boxes. street value estimated at 10million$.

apparently neighbours could smell the cannabis, so they phoned cops.

anyone with more accurate info?

Guest Field_of_Light

From what I could gather and see...the buds were not manicured properly...the property didnt seem to have any close neighbours...ie it looked like a small farm.......

More likely they were narked on by someone trying to avoid a jail sentence.......

hehe... As you probably already I know I listen to abc news radio a fair bit.... it's available on the net too...

Just heard that Anthony Graheme Hops (42 prior sentencing for drug related charges) although caught with the largest harvested crop in South Australia's history, was not as large as previously claimed. His lawyer has told reporters that the street value isn't likely to be the 10 million as police had previously claimed... They say the crop was probably the result of 800 - 1000 plants :P ... geee whiz nice crop dude !!! You outta be... congratulated!!

Guest elefunk_delivers

Whereabouts is it online.. could sumone give me a link so i could read up on it...

or maybe post it in the forum.. there should b online news 24/7 in regards to drug related crimes..

Ele

Yay! Another News Radio fan out there! I listen to it all the time, in fact, due to tinnitus, I listen to it to help me get to sleep! Great to see that there's still something out there called "non-commercial radio" ain't it? Anyway, as to the bust, *whistles* that's a damn lotta pot! 800 - 1000 plants eh? That's a pretty large setup, by anyones standards! Anything on the setup itself out there? I didn't catch the report.... Anyway, you've got to give the guy praise for the balls it must have taken to grow that many plants.... Although then to lose it all because of the smell seems a little like karma to me.... ::P: I hope he doesn't go down too hard though, it would be interesting to hear more about this case.....

ABC South Australia | Story Index | Story

Drug crop accused refused bail

Monday, 12 May 2003

A 42-year-old man from Two Wells, north of Adelaide, charged over yesterday's drug crop raid, has been refused bail in the Elizabeth Magistrates Court.

Anthony Grant Hobbs is charged with possession and production of cannabis and possession of an unlawful amount of cash.

Yesterday police found about 1,000 kilograms of dried marijuana with an alleged street value of $10 million.

Hobbs has been remanded in custody to appear in court again next month.

[ more news ]

Last Updated: 14:24 ACST

Police continue investigations into dried cannabis haul

Monday, 12 May 2003

Police are investigating a number of leads following the largest ever haul of dried cannabis found in South Australia.

One thousand kilograms of dried cannabis with a street value of about $10 million was found at a house in Two Wells, north of Adelaide yesterday morning.

The biggest haul previously in Adelaide was 317 kilograms.

Police found the dried cannabis packed in 200 cardboard boxes after investigating complaints of a strong smell of cannabis coming from the property.

Detective Chief Inspector Brian Smith says they were not expecting to find that much cannabis.

"Surprised to see that much and as I said it's ready in boxes and ready to be transported," he said.

Also found at the house was an extensive cannabis growing and drying operation, and a shotgun.

A 42-year-old Two Wells man has been charged with possession and production of cannabis and will appear in the Elizabeth Magistrates Court this morning.

Police say investigations are continuing.

Guest Field_of_Light

its funny that a week eralier a courier firm reported to police they suspected some of the packages they were getting contained mj....then these boxes were found......

Seems more like a chain of events...one person talked then antoher got caught...so he talks...

I suspect quite a few ppl are going to be raided in the coming months........

hey white_cluster, are any of these stories in print ? the only anecdodal book I've heard of is written by a guy called Kog (I'll get myself a copy whenh I'm more cashed up). I'd like to hear more of this sort of thing (researching a film)

Apparently Mr Birmingham (the guy who wrote the .. Felafel book) has just published a guide to mj in Oz. Anyone read it ?