Smoking while pregnant

xxacceberxx

Question

Hi there, this is my first pregnancy and it is a twin pregnancy. I get really bad morning sickness, which last throughout the whole day. But i tend to find that i feel a whole lot better and not feel sick at all when i smoke marijuana. Im scared to think how it affects the lil ones, but i cannot handle being overly sick anymore. Can someone help me?

HI........

I smoke because of a brain tumor I have. It slows down the brain activity and that slows down the growth. If you smoke whilst pregnant there is a very big chance that you slowing down Neuro system will slow down the growth of your unborns brain growth as well. Then add on the Tobacco and the kids will be doing it real tough.

I am male and dont know a lot about morning sickness but dont take the chance you are hurting your kids development.

Fred

Ok... I haven't been pregnant, but at some point I would hope to be.

From the point of view of another female tho, personally I wouldn't take the risk. If something was to happen on account of it, and because every person is different I don't disagree with thedarkestone's comments, you just never know how your body and your bubs will react to it, the same with any drugs i guess. I plan to stop smoking cannibis while going thru pregnancies. just to be on the safe side.

here are some useful things to help with the morning sickness, of course I don't know if you have tried them or not.. but i reckon they'd be worth a shot if you haven't.

Acupressure Wrist Bands

Acupressure wrist bands, often marketed as "sea bands", stimulate an acupuncture point called "pericardium 6" (p6), which is known in traditional Chinese medicine to relieve nausea. It is a wrist band with a plastic button that puts pressure on the p6 point inside of the wrist. They usually cost less than $10 for a pair and can be found online or in some health food stores. It usually begins to work immediately.

Peppermint Essential Oil

The aroma of peppermint can help a queasy stomach. Fill a large bowl with hot water. Place two drops of peppermint essential oil in the bowl and place it on a table near your bed. Make sure it is in a safe area so there is no risk of it being knocked over. Or use an aromatherapy diffuser, which can be purchased at some health food stores.

Ginger

Ginger has long been shown to help relieve the feelings of nausea and is a common remedy for morning sickness. Ginger can be taken in a number of ways – as a tea, fresh, as a powder mixed with water, in flat ginger ale, or as crystallised ginger. About a gram of ginger spread out over the day seems to be ideal.

Hope that helps, and good luck... do you know the sex of ur twins??

:bongon: Pebbz :applause:

In my (male) opinion, i think you should you stop smoking for the babies. I see it the way that shroomyshroom says it but then again i can't say i'm familiar with the morning sickness.

However morning sickness during pregnancy has been around just as long as the concept of giving labour so i'm sure hospitals/doctors have other medication considered to be 'normal' and supposedly harmless.. so just go consult your doctor.

I agree with darkstone that cannabis is relatively safe and many mothers have smoked it during pregnancy without any apparent problems but that doesn't mean it won't impair the brain development of you unborn to some extent. Same as smoking cigs, many pregnant mums do it and their babies seem fine but that don't prove its a good thing.

Also I have spoken to more than one social worker who has commented on the association between stoner mums and kids with behavioral and learning problems. Whether or not cannabis is a direct cause of this is hard if not impossible to say.

My missus stopped during the pregnancy for both our children, god bless her.

Having said that, a friend of ours who was preggers around the same time was practically a 24hr smoker. In the initial doctors appointment she owned up to it and the doctor recommended she cut right back but not stop completely, because in his mind, the stress of stopping would be more harmful than a few tokes.

Of course, I wasn't at the appointment so she could have been justifying herself to us but even still, she had a big healthy girl.

check diss

medicalcannabis.com was there

check their link

http://www.medicalcannabis.com/pregnancy.htm

extract from their site

DREHER'S JAMAICAN PREGNANCY STUDY

More Suppression of Marijuana Research

In the 1980s Melanie Dreher and colleagues at UMass Amherst began a longitudinal study to assess the well-being of infants and children whose mothers used cannabis during pregnancy. The researchers lived in rural Jamaican communities among the women they were studying. Thirty cannabis-using pregnant women were matched for age and

socio-economic status with 30 non-users. Dreher et al compared the course of their pregnancies and their neo-natal outcomes, using various standard scales.

No differences were detected three days after birth. At 30 days the exposed babies did better than the non-exposed on all the scales and significantly better on two of the scales (having to do with autonomic stability and reflexes).

Follow-up studies were conducted when the kids were four and five (just before entering school and after). The moms were defined as light users (1-10 spliffs per week), moderate (11-20), and heavy (21-70). Consumption of ganja tea was also taken into account.

Dr. Dreher is the principal researcher and driector of several studdies within the suppressed costa rican studdy,

i still havent seen any of the latest reportz

in this vid she sey

the kidz in the report are now adults with there own kidz and the studdy still golong so

results are

more than just no differance

in fact ganga kidz are way in frount in every test

hahahahaha

nuff raspect

more power to Dr. Dreher :applause:

:bongon:

the truth will reviel to the babe and suckling

free ganga for kidz and mumz

forward cannabis

heal the children

heal the future