germination hints

rapid rooter-Root Riot cubes are the best for seeds and clones in my opinon, try them out and see. they really are amazing

i get 99.99% clone rate, and since i have been using them i have had not 1 seeds that has not pop up

Rapid Rooter Plugs

by General Hydroponics

Rapid Rooter’s breakthrough technology produces a unique matrix of composted organic materials bonded together with plant-derived polymers. Rapid Rooter plugs are manufactured using a scientifically controlled process that yields large populations of beneficial microbes in the media. These naturally-occurring microbes colonize young roots, helping plants resist disease while maximizing nutrient uptake. Rapid Rooter plugs are fortified with General Hydroponic micronutrients for abundant root growth. The optimal air-to-water ratio within the plug matrix results in explosive early root growth. Use Rapid Rooter for robust early rooting that supports explosive plant growth.

1" diameter x 1 1/2" deep round Plugs

http://www.simplyhydroponics.com/rapid_rooters.htm

bit of a typo there mate, i have not been sleep all night & i got all kids around me doing my head in, forgive me. maybe 1 out of every 100 clones i take will die using the rapid rooters,sometimes i can take 100 and they will all live

when i was using rockwool, out of 100 clones taken say 10-15 of them would die on me,i just love these rapid rooters,if you have not tryed them,try them one day just once and see what you think,im sure you will be very happy with them

we all use them down here, there the way forward. :uhhuh:

just to add, not trying to knock you or anything like that,but i cannot get anything to live in wet dirt,how are you managing to do that ?

Edited by biggerbuds

:bow: Know the feeling mate, shift worker and father of 2 plus the blow-ins...

Sorry but seemed like an Ad... Although from a 100+ poster, usually not the way it seems...

Wet dirt is a bit of a blanket statement, I germ in open soil, potting mix, coco even. It all depends on the grow- Indoor or out, so to speak. I DO lose seed through non-germ... Maybe to the method or just a fact that not all thrives in the world... never worried about 2-3 of 20 odd...

I do like the glass of water and paper towel tricks for newbs, but I`ve germed millions (no typo- former market gardener, cut flowers) of seeds and aint bothered much... And I`m a lazy bastard, I only plant `em once

Those plugs do look the goods: outside of the debatable spin, theyre better than, say, jiffy blocks... and not much dearer. Ideal for nervy types or newbs... or those paying big $$$ for a few seeds and wanna maximise their potential, hell yeah lol Meself, I`m not only lazy, but tight, I use the same medium as the grow will use, gotta have a bit of it around obviously ^_^

The benefits of using those plugs (to me anyways):

*Moisture retention/drainage- Rockwool will drown seeds if not watered properly, the opposite applies too, can dry easily in the cracking/cotyl stage...

*Jiffy plugs are usually cheap crap coco, same issues as rockwool with water...

*For the quirky tech types, the aeration over water mass issues are minimized...

*Rapid rooter plugs are sterile enuff to transplant straight to rockwool or clay balls, good for going straight into the vege garden too

They`re easy too use too, not to mention clean operation :uhhuh: - no pots of loose mix, no cubes to cut and wrap, etc

:thumbsup:If it`s workin for ya, go for it mate

^_^ But yeah, I can`t be arsed... I read the 1st copy of "The lazy gardener" lol

JAIKAI

lol jaikai im please you no where i am coming from, bloody kids drive me mad, i got 3 young boys 4/6/8 years old and 1 on the way, can you understand why i need to smoke the dope, :uhhuh: i love them all so much really though bless them.

yer about them rooter cubes,was not an ad.. mate, there just so good.i no that by using them i am giving my clones & seeds the best chance they could ever wish for.

i feel so confident when i drop anything into them, even a £70 packet of seeds

so noobies if you are having problems and seem to never be able to get your clones or seeds going, give these babbys a try, just follow the instrutions on the back of the pack and you should be off to a good start before you even no it :bow:

if you still have no luck then i would quite growing because you just are not cut out to be a grower

all the best to all biggerbuds

Edited by biggerbuds