Good bye MJ, The day to say goodbye. At least for now.

Hello everyone, this thread should be the perfect opportunity for me to introduce myself to the CN community (I've always been fond of you), and to discuss a little issue that has been tackling my existence lately.

I am 22, doing my final years of uni in the field of IT. I never knew anything about MJ until the day I landed in Australia. The college students scene can be scary to the grownups, because I reached a point that I wanted nothing but isolation from this particular group. The main reason is that, most or many of the college students attending where I study, are party freaks in some way. You have Chase, the binge drinker who lives meters away, drinking daily from after lunch, till dream time at night. I am sorry to the Australian people, but arriving the first day just to find how the scene is can be very misunderstanding for me, who am I to criticize what people should do and shouldn't. Anyways here is the story.

I never liked the party scene among college students here. The severe intoxication and singing naked while at night didn't look fun at all to me. I've drank till blacking out, but I will never put alcohol back into my blood, because I just hate it. There were days where I drank alot (in the past 3 years) but I really think that drinking is not for me. Other drugs aren't either, the sweating and dancing in the campus pub (or clubs downtown), from the constant popping isn't something I would like to do for the rest of my life. Tried couple of times too, it wasnt the thing for me either. Nothing beats the good old pal, cannabis.

Alot of college students disagree with me, and refuse even me sharing a spliff with them, saying its something not for them because it makes them irresponsible and lazy. Well tough luck, I disagree with them, and I believe that this natural herb (in its flowery budd state) just cant harm you in the way that they claim, but everybody is different and I respect that.

I fell in love with MJ, don't ask me why, but it was the first time the gates of heaven opened this large door for my stressed self. English is not my main language, so imagine taking the same amount of subjects as these Australian students, and living their lifestyle which can greatly hinder the progress in the educational career (I'm not as fluent as them, period). MJ has removed the word stress from my life, for the first time EVER in my life, I am able to withstand stress. WHEN I talk about stress, I talk about putting 6-8 hours of study into my everyday life. And guess what, I am one of the top students in my IT department, and a pothead, and I feel very ashamed at how ironic something like this could happen, aren't potheads the worst academic students or not, let alone a foreign student.

Fast forward, I am 6 months away from graduation. Yes man, my family will see my face once again after a long separation of 3.5 years, I think they've forgotten about me already. I am doing really well with studies and life in general, I also make great side income from online advertising and MJ being in my life doesn't really hinder or change anything in my life except to increase my desire to research, research and research, like a fuel in my educational career.

But things have been getting worse since around 3 months ago. I started coughing a very dark phlegm the moment I woke up in the morning, as well as sometimes during the day. I am a foreign student, I dont want to die, and I don't want to upset the law over here, let alone they accepted me to stay here to finish my education abroad. I've seen 2 doctors, and they didn't recommend me to take x-rays given that my symptoms aren't worth the exposure, but I still cough this black stuff.

Still having my researching skills, I looked everywhere. Mind you, as a college student I even have access to the largest medical databases in australia. Also the Internet is a great place to look for information, only when you believe the resource is a reliable one. I've heard and read many things from many people around the world. I have came across threads with 17 pages on which people are suffering from this stupid black phlegm, some having chest pain, others aren't. Some people claim that this could a very critical symptom that could cause fatality, others say that they have been living with it for years knowing that MJ smokers are very likely to live with it. There are some very creepy threads that I came across:

Something you need to know about Bongitis (I never knew such a name existed)

CN's input on the disease

Another thread talking about the very same thing, on another forum however.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=526789

Its really sad that I just recently suffered from this condition, I've only been a regular MJ smoker for 2 years now, and a tobacco smoker for 3 years. In fact one of the things MJ has done to me was made me quit smoking tobacco all together. I am glad I no longer hesitate taking a whole packet with me to uni, because I just don't need it.

3 weeks after this consistent phlegm (with black specs on it), I don't really know if this is ever going to end, I've heard many people having this issue increasing over time, there have been posts by the medical community (could be scam?) were they said people admitted with similar conditions ended up dieing (check the link below)

http://www.steadyhealth.com/Coughing_up_fl...75019_st10.html

If you are going to jump at me, to point out vaping and stuff, I will never buy any vaporizer until I can save up 940 AUD to buy a volcano, I don't wanna risk my life with fumes and toxic substances from cheaply (for-PROFIT) made Chinese replicas. Being 22, and affording 940 dollars for something other than an IT equipment, software or course prescribed book is something so hard for a college student to think off. So If you are wealthy and want to brag about how good your vape works, please don't and save your effort. Vapor Brothers costs 600 AUD (with shipping and accessories) so thats not cheap either. Whats a good vaporizer if you don't have good stuff? so its always about spending, spending and spending, and that's why people in my age group (who don't even own a car sometimes, I do!) tend to go towards that shiny glassy bong, with a $32.50 tag.

I really believe now that my days are only numbered. I love my family to bits, and I wish I could graduate before I lose my life due to this unknown disease (I wish something was known), for now I am going to be strong, and keep coughing this phlegm (while I'm OFF anything that brings smoke into my lungs, a hard habbit to kick off).

There are plenty of vaporisers that work better than the Volcano for a lot less money.

Please don't buy the hype that the Volcano is the only quality vaporiser out there. I hate bag vapes, would much rather a direct inhalation method than the Volcano any day.

Forget the Volcano and forget the cheap Chinese models.

Consider the Extreme, the Da Buddha, the Silver Surfer or the Purple Days. These are all excellent vaporisers. I use a Purple Days and it is the most efficient vaporiser out there.

For more information on alternatives to the Volcano, check out the Fuck Combustion forums. Heaps of great information from experienced vaporistas without any vendor spam.

I have to get a vap if I am to continue smoking. I never imagined myself to be that sick of smoke in general. The reason I am aiming for the volcano is because of its lifespan, I want to start using it for tobacco as well when the blues kick in on these lonely nights, which I tend to get all the time living this stupid inconsistent student life, where time is only an indication of how much more I have before submitting my assessments to the faculty.

The thing is you never know whats going on, there isn't much studies or research going on regarding these techniques. One company claims that they are the safest in the world towards hazards, while other users brainwash you with their unrealistic input, saying stuff about the fumes, the plastic bag itself (some thing its toxic), the pipe, the plastic fumes, the LIST GOES ON AND ON AND ON. The law have made me so Isolated from other smokers, because Its known that foreigners are at higher risk of being deported and having police discrimination, making the internet my only resource to anything. Heck I never even saw vaporizers working in reality.

Edit: Brick50, I heard alot about the unwashed hydro that I started switching source around the clock. Never do I inhale the same source over and over, my phlegm's blackness is at peak the moment I open my eyes wide awake in the morning, slowly during the day I get anything from super clear phlegm to spotty ones, I wish my body can stick to one kind of phlegm, but what can ya do, but to worry :freak:

Edited by Oz

HI Guy,

Welcome aboard and your english is great. We got our first vap (Extreme) before xmas and love it, took a few goes to find the right temp but now that we have, it tastes great and really does the job well.

Your ongoing good health should be a primary consideration in your life (IMO) so don't screww around with burnt stuff when there are better alternatives.

Cheers

I started smoking early last year and was coughing up the black not too long after starting, but I got into it pretty quickly.

I have been going through about 1.5g a day through my Extreme, no black phlegm, no cough, no sore lungs etc etc etc. It is known to be very safe. Check out the FuckCombustion boards, the guys on there know a lot about vapes! I will also add, I was the same.. It worried me a lot and made me re-evalute a fair few things and look at certain infos with more skepticism. I also don't like the party scene here either and I don't drink at all (not that I care if anybody else does, I just have another preference). It sucks to be isolated for not wanting a part of it, it also hard to connect to people I guess because of a somewhat different approach to life maybe. Please do not worry about the phlegm, it will be fine a week or so after you get a vape or quit.

I REALLY want to get a Purple Days. As much as I adore my Extreme... I must try Purple Days...

Edited by Sett418

Guys, I finally did the right thing today. After a very long and tiring research, I finally settled on getting a vaporizer that is called 'Purple days' if I am not mistaken. These really nice responses have really motivated me into having my lungs live a combustion free life. Today marks the 9th day I have put my bong away, and I really feel much better around my throat region, that silly feeling of something stuck in your throat is half way gone too. I really want to try vaping tobacco as well, this thing costs me a whopping 260 AUD including shipping, the market is in crisis.

I dont really know why I was all hyped about the volcano in the first place, the thing I bought has been rated #1 at being efficient, so let the savings begin. AS usual, I made a stupid mistake of asking the guys to ship it to my previous address, thanks paypal. I called no more than a minute later just to be greeted by the girlfriend/wife of the dude behind purple days, man she was so nice she ended up sending me 2 confirmation emails about my reconfirmed shipping address (where I live now), and made sure that I have nothing to worry about.

I really thought twice about it, 109 AUD for the one being sold at CheatTheHangman (creepy name, oh boy), to that of 260 AUD. I just wish I MADE THE MOVE before the huge dollar drop. Nevertheless, I can't wait till I vape my life out of this existence.

Set418: Its nice to have people understanding exactly what I feel. I didn't read about the purple days part of your post, I will make sure I give you a PM with my feedback on both my lungs and the vape itself. However for now, and this is a msg to anyone interested in getting PD, go out and search for a power adapter because if you order one, apparently it will ship without it :freak:

Edited by Oz

Hey CC

Welcome to OS / Cannanation

Sorry I missed most of this thread actually, as I forget to check the forums at times.

As far as the "black stuff" goes, I think that has a fair bit to do with smoking cigarettes as well as bongs, and probably the best thing you did for your health was quit smoking.. (that's my goal for 2009)

It's a bit pointless to mention now that you've got yourself a nice vaporizer, but I would have also suggested for future reference, if you prefer the method of smoking bongs, but don't want to inhale the smoke, there is a little gadget in Bongs n Things called a Vapostar, which converts ur bong into a mini vape.

But anyway... I hope you enjoy your Purple Days and here's to toking healthy ^_^

:freak: Pebbz :freak: