Ventilation in and out, cfm's

how hard do you think it would be to turn my hydro farm radiant hoods into aircooled hoods??? Is it just a matter of cutting out the vents (would that destabilize the hood?), adding the duct and glass lens?

I got it down to eighty five, but with only eight on, good, but not great.

Thanks again.

how hard do you think it would be to turn my hydro farm radiant hoods into aircooled hoods??? Is it just a matter of cutting out the vents (would that destabilize the hood?), adding the duct and glass lens?

I got it down to eighty five, but with only eight on, good, but not great.

Thanks again.

I would cut 6" holes in each reflector n then duct off em...wouldnt worry bout the glass... and then connect the duct to 6"6"12" Y junctions.....so 1x 12"fan ducts 4 lights....if ya catch mi drift? - but would want plenty cool air pushing in too.....and would be checking to make sure the fans can cope with the heat.

Just an idea anyway ;) i`ve have`nt run that much watts....yet ;)

good luck with it mate......n have fun :D

chron :D

You can easily manipulate any Hood to work with a cool tube. I use a bat wing adjust-a-shade with a 125mm cool tube. Just took the tinny little shade inside of the cool tube out and let her rip.

There are 3 main advantages of a cool tube.

1. Reduces the grow room air temp by at least 5 degree's

2. Allows you to place the plants practically directly under (10cm or less) away from the tube. not the regular one foot rule.

3. Allows you to grow taller plants in smaller spaces, that 1ft you normally need can be cut by 20+cm by having the cool tube, as the foliage can't be burned yet still recieve huge amount of intense light.

I have a cool tube, and even when my 400w HPS is on super, I can still comfortably touch the glass with my hands.

Its great for an aussie summer and small spaces. Just need a good place to put all your hot air :D

good luck

Cyclone