Just over a foot now..

Okay.. my first grow is lookin good.. it's just over the foot mark.. and i'm excited.. first grow.. looking okay.. B).. I transplanted into a bigger pot, and it's grown quite a bit since.. and the stem is really solid.. :ph34r:.. never got around to grabbing the grow nutes.. just been watering every few days.. and well.. here're a few new pics.. now what I'm kinda curious about is that leaf curl? whats going on with that.. and also at the lower leaves.. a few are kinda dying (to be expected?) though I've got the occasional yellow spot appearing on the upper leaves.. Again, any help would be much appreciated.. and as always, look forward to your replies.. B)

post-19890-1228143760_thumb.jpg

post-19890-1228143831_thumb.jpg

post-19890-1228143878_thumb.jpg

post-19890-1228143903_thumb.jpg

post-19890-1228143963_thumb.jpg

post-19890-1228144017_thumb.jpg

cheers for the hastey responses guys... appreciate it.. B).. basically I transplanted on the weekend (Saturday) and gave it a decent watering (but not a flush) with ph corrected water (my tap water is perfect.. around 6.5?) I haven't gone any nutes whatsoever, as with the transplant there should be enuf organic nutes in the new soil right? And Bufo.. when you say it's looking very green.. thats a good thing right? and the leaf curl/trying to save water issue.. not sure why its happening, I've fed it probably a ltr or two since transplant (of just the tap water) so should I maybe flood it now that it seems the roots have taken to the new soil? :ph34r: thanks again.. B)

cheers for the hastey responses guys... appreciate it.. :).. basically I transplanted on the weekend (Saturday) and gave it a decent watering (but not a flush) with ph corrected water (my tap water is perfect.. around 6.5?) I haven't gone any nutes whatsoever, as with the transplant there should be enuf organic nutes in the new soil right? And Bufo.. when you say it's looking very green.. thats a good thing right? and the leaf curl/trying to save water issue.. not sure why its happening, I've fed it probably a ltr or two since transplant (of just the tap water) so should I maybe flood it now that it seems the roots have taken to the new soil? B) thanks again.. :ph34r:

You sure your pH is 6.5 out of the tap?

No nutes? What sort of soil mix? Looks as black as a gorillas armpit, is it any good?

Flood it? Noooooo don't do that B)

Yeah.. the water from the tap is 6.5 from memory... I did check it.. remember it being spot on.. then thinking I'd wasted my money on a ph test kit as a result.. haha.. I'll check it again just to be sure though.. B) the soil I'm using is called Debco Azalea plant food, bought it from the local nursery when asked them what basil would grow well in.. as its what I originally grabbed it for.. B)... it seems to be really good for growing.. the roots take to it really quick it seems after transplant.. and I'm getting like an inch to an inch and a half per day now.. which is great.. the only real issue I seem to be having is the leaf curl and slight yellowing.. otherwise I think its growing really well.. all the branches and especially the stem.. are really solid.. I've been slightly bending them back and forward each day (to strengthen them) but didnt expect the results I got.. really tough stem.. :ph34r:.. oh and sorry... I meant flush.. not flood.. I havent flushed it since I've transplanted... should I? Edited by smokeymcpot

One last thing it could be.. bit of a long shot given u said it was a water issue.. but I've needed to take the intake fan at the base of the grow closet out for renovations (to accommodate the new pot size) and haven't had the chance to get the hole drill out yet.. I do have new air coming in 3 to 4 times a day when I open to check the growth rate.. and I've got a fan blowing air aross the plant.. the temp is perfect.. just no intake... not sure if this could be an issue... just thought I'd mention it though.. B)..

:ph34r: All the info available here and yet I'm answering questions like 'Why is my plant looking wierd, I don't check the pH and oh, I forgot to mention I'm feeding it Azalea food'

Do you people read or think about anything before posting? B)

If your serious about this, go and find what NPK ratio your acid loving plant food is and then check out some of the NPK ratios on Hydro veg nutes.

At a guess you'll probably find it has shitloads of Nitrogen(which is why it's so green), bugger all Phosphorous and about a third of the Potassium required.

And for god sake, buy a soil pH meter.

Apologies... this is my first grow.. I'm a total learner at this.. and have no real idea of how a healthy plant should look.. basically if it's continues to grow and doesn't look too dodgy.. then I'm happy.. But obviously I would love the best possible advice in the most constructive reply.. I'm learning.. not ignorant or slow.. just uneducated.. dont really know what to look for.. B).. the soil isn't some kind of fertiliser for azaleas.. its like a potting mix for azaleas.. I just couldn't exactly remember what it was called as I used up the rest repotting, and threw the bag out.. On the water ph.. I have checked it probably three times once a week coming from the tap over the course of the grow.. and each time its been 6.5, and well.. not sure why it would change, but again, as you've mentioned it's more than likely a water issue.. hence I'm more than happy to check again just in case something HAS changed.. :ph34r: I really appreciate u pointing out the nitrogen/potassium/phosphorous issues.. obviously attentions needed.. but as it's the first time any of these issues have been pointed out to me here (well, detailed as you have) I'd appreciate not being treated like a naive fuckwit.. I'm more than happy to learn.. as like I said.. it's my first grow.. and people have been great to me on here.. guiding me through it.. and thanks.. please note that I'm taking your criticism on board and looking to correct the problems.. and not being some "well fuck you for being a cunt to me" whinger.. coz that kinda defeats the purpose of a forum right.. I'm looking for help.. just remember.. first grow.. need help.. and again.. thanks.. I'll look into the soil ph meter.. any quick fixes you can suggest? or should I be running out and grabbin myself a soil ph meter and the revelant elements/nutrients 2morrow? Peace.. B) Edited by smokeymcpot

B) well glad your paying attention then.

It's the little things that are important. Lots of really good info available here if your prepared to do some reading and follow what others have done.

You can pick up a cheap pH meter at Big W, a combination moisture/pH meter is even better.

Some people who grow in soil here like to use Searles Premium potting mix, with some Perlite added for drainage. There are a few good soil recipes with worm castings here too.

The Azalea food did a reasonable job, you don't seem to be overwatering so I think with a better soil mix you will do better.

I know you have repotted once but with a better mix your plant will thank you.

Happy gardening :ph34r: