Need some help diagnosing problem

Hey how ya guys doing?New to this board but it seems like a great place to help out and learn.Hoping to stay around for a while.

Currently having some trouble with my new girls and this is my first time growing.Trying to learn as much as I can.

My plants are currently almost 3 weeks old and I am using a rubber maid grow box.Temps are 78F. With a humidity level of 35%.I am currently only using 3 CFL's, temps get up to 85 when using 4.Believe there 100watts?Have an exhaust fan on top of the box with 2 inlets on the side.

Using Miracle grow Organic Potting mix with Miracle grow perlite.I think part of my problem is the soil.My plants were doing fine until about 4 days ago when some of the leaves began to turn yellow,some have brown spots.I haven't been giving them any nutrients.Just water about every 2 days sometimes 3.The soil is completely dry in about 2 days, so would it be alright to water then?When watering this young should I water enough that it comes out the drainage hole? There on a timer of 18 on 6 off.

I do have the dry version of budswell but haven't been using it.2 of the plants appear to not being doing half bad, is there any hope for my girls? Thanks Ray Panimals

post-21998-1228097235_thumb.jpg

post-21998-1228097251_thumb.jpg

post-21998-1228097262_thumb.jpg

post-21998-1228097279_thumb.jpg

post-21998-1228097607_thumb.jpg

post-21998-1228097627_thumb.jpg

post-21998-1228097660_thumb.jpg

Hi Ray, welcome to OS

It doesn't sound like you are overwatering, or over-ferting, so I am thinking the problem may be PH related

If you don't already have one, you should get a soil PH test kit.

If the PH is too high or low, certain nutrients will be unavailable to the plant.

I'm not sure of the correct PH for growing in soil, but someone will probably pitch in some good advice or you can use the search function.

Once the problem is worked out you could probably water with a weak fertiliser as well.

Good luck with your grow, I hope you start a grow diary B)

well soil is usually 6.2 -6.8 but i doubt a 7.6 - 7.8 tap water will hurt.

If the inlet fans are directly blowing onto the seedlings, and the fan only has one speed that is your problem.

At a young age when hit by too much air flow it causes young plants to try and suck up more water to counteract the wind drying them out. But of corse with a small root system, and very premature leaves it is focusing way too much energy trying not to dry, irrespective of how wet the soil is. From what I can see, and the fact that they are 3 weeks old, they should at least be producing juicy fan leaves by now... and they still look like a week old seedling.

Also your humidity is way to low aswell, so their is no moisture in the air, so its very dry wind. In saying that, get a little zip lock bag, put it over the top of the cups and tape it to the rim, possibly make a little hold to feed and for small air flow, that will increase humidity and should put them back on track... Do this even if its not wind problems as a higher humidity when in the seedling stage helps a lot...

Hope this helps, and welcome...

Cyclone

Thanks guys, I currently been watering with clean fridge water. Not sure if its a problem but tastes and looks better then our tap water here.I do not have any inlet fans, just two holes.I will be putting the bags over them and see if it helps.Sense the humidity is so low would it be normal for me to have to water every day or two? Thanks Ray Panimals

I disagree about the humidity. I don't think low humidity is ever a problem for cannabis if they are getting enough water. It looks a bit like a magnesium deficiency but it is hard to tell. You could try a foliar feed (especially since your humidity is low) with a general all round fertilizer. Maybe some epsom salts? Could well be a PH problem too although that is much less of a problem if you are growing organic.

heya Ray an welcome here :ph34r: ... i dunno your problem but i also reckon its something with the soil ...

cause look a coupla of them babes look half-good , so that cancels out the water angle as if it was the water they all should look crook .. why not re-pot one or two in completely different potting mix and see if they respond?

cause we not getting anywhere the way they are ..

all da best with 'em B)