News pics.. both of plants and redeveloped cabinet.. advice please? :)

Okay, so I got the fluro (which as per previous advice I'm not gonna use..) in the mail today.. along with a few nutes.. but I thought I might go and grab an exhaust fan from bunnings (as my budgets kinda on the cheap side at the moment.. I'll put a little cash away for one of those centrifugals..) and redeveloped my grow closet.. below you'll see pics of the plants.. some close-ups both on the leaf curl (which I"m kinda wondering about.. whats the issue there?) and also the little frond things growing from the base of the branches.. is this a sign of femality? B) And lastly.. the cabinet itself.. you'll obviously notice how confined for space it is.. and the new fan at the top.. the little pc fan at the base for intake.. so yeah.. and help would be fantastic.. oh, and I was also wondering about those leaves sticking out at the side.. that okay? Anyways.. again.. really appreciate all the feedback.. and hoping this new fan does the trick.. B)

post-19890-1226662182_thumb.jpg

post-19890-1226662216_thumb.jpg

post-19890-1226662249_thumb.jpg

post-19890-1226662280_thumb.jpg

post-19890-1226662305_thumb.jpg

post-19890-1226662347_thumb.jpg

Edited by smokeymcpot

should of filled the pot up so the plants out in the open a bit more,,,the fan would be better blowing across the pot..the fans putting a lot of pressure on the plant being so close,,if i was the leaves i would be pretecting my little stem s to(leaves facing down) ...fan looks like it is blocking the light,,,,has the fan got a reflecter on it,,how far is the light from the top of the plant......is the little fan on low.....you could hang the little fan off a nail or the side of your light with string or plastic coated garden wire...i do but i take the bolt out of the fan and only hang the fan part up(fuk off the clip on part of the fan) Edited by LOGGER_KING

Cheers for the hastey reply loggerking.. and yeah.. when I flushed the plants, the soil/perlite mix kinda went down a bit.. the light is roughly 2ft (60cms) away from the top of the plant.. I was actually wondering if the radiant heat from the globe would raise the temp of the area the plants in.. haven't experimented yet.. tested temps with new fan.. still fixing a few things up.. The little fan is on low.. just enough airflow from it to slightly move the leaves.. but yeah, I'll see if I can hang it from the lamp holder.. Any clues as to the leaf curl.. is that a temp thing? and should the plant be taller than it is given it's like the 6th week since sprouting? how is looking by the way.. if everythings corrected, should it grow pretty well, or is it a lost cause?

Cheers for the hastey reply loggerking.. and yeah.. when I flushed the plants, the soil/perlite mix kinda went down a bit.. the light is roughly 2ft (60cms) away from the top of the plant.. I was actually wondering if the radiant heat from the globe would raise the temp of the area the plants in.. haven't experimented yet.. tested temps with new fan.. still fixing a few things up.. The little fan is on low.. just enough airflow from it to slightly move the leaves.. but yeah, I'll see if I can hang it from the lamp holder.. Any clues as to the leaf curl.. is that a temp thing? and should the plant be taller than it is given it's like the 6th week since sprouting? how is looking by the way.. if everythings corrected, should it grow pretty well, or is it a lost cause?

the plants going fine for its age,,if the new exhaust is on 24/7 you wont have a heat problem,,,repot and fill up the pot,,,,,,what potting mix did you get,wats in it???i wouldnt use nutes till the browning on the leaves stops...........it will grow great,,maybe tie it over when you get things sorted ot so that you have heaps of tops,,more buds that way for your small area.....did you put stones or rocks in the bottom of the pot,,is the soil or perlite comeing out the bottom

cheers.. and yeah, the new exhaust'll be on 24/7 (not as loud as i expected which is a relief).. nice to hear it's doing okay for its age.. and to repot, it shouldn't damage the roots at all will it? The potting mix I used was Debco's "Seed Raising Mix" all the white ticks, and I basically used a 50/50 soil to perlite mix.. should I water after repotting? anything thing else I should take into account given that leaf curl?

seed mix is for seedlings,,get some good potting mix,,i would only use about 1/3 perlite.....water it b/4 repotting and after with some seeweed,..................leaf curl should go away soon, hopefully after you repot......get a $10 potting mix,,i get an organic one,,mix in a hand full of dolimite lime for ph,,bit of blood and bone or get potting mix with these in them

Alrighty.. perfect.. I just checked the other lot of potting mix I have.. it's called Debco's Camellia and Azalea premium potting mix.. it was recommended to me to grow basil in.. and it looks like it's got the seaweed nutrient stuff in it, it's also got something called saturaid for water holding? Though it also says "This mix is open and well drained".. Should I be putting gravel or stones in the base of the pot? Or just mix it with the perlite then water? Just taken out the rootball and plant, pretty substantial root system.. B) Edited by smokeymcpot

Alrighty.. perfect.. I just checked the other lot of potting mix I have.. it's called Debco's Camellia and Azalea premium potting mix.. it was recommended to me to grow basil in.. and it looks like it's got the seaweed nutrient stuff in it, it's also got something called saturaid for water holding? Though it also says "This mix is open and well drained".. Should I be putting gravel or stones in the base of the pot? Or just mix it with the perlite then water? Just taken out the rootball and plant, pretty substantial root system.. B)

if its open and well drained you dont need much if any perlite coz thats wat the perlites does,,that potting mix should be ok,,,does it say anything on the bag about ph????coz i think Camellia and Azalea's like about 6 ph,,so check that out,,,allways put stones or rocks or CHARKOL in the bottom of potts atleast 1inch or 2,,try to put the rootball and soil in on the new soil mix ,,dont put it straight on the stones ,,bit of soil first ,then root ball,then fill up around root ball,,,fill pot up with dirt till it is about 1 inch from top of pot.. dont cover the stem more then it is now,,so judge it right