Restoring the Balance - (title of an old triple J program)

For me personally the neUro stuff stands. chatting on this site recently had sort of skewed me to think that weed was like a completely consequence-less drug.

:D To tell you honestly, I'm surprised that someone who appears to me isn't dumb, would be so naive to think that anything you use as a chemical of recreational 'abuse' for want of a better word would be consequence-less. :peace: Everything has a consequence, no?

Maybe this was my poor interpretation of the general culture of the site.

:D Ummm it's a cannabis site Danoz. The culture is pro cannabis :D but there are alot of threads that have comments from both sides supplying 'balance' as you put it. Is it possible you have only seen the posts you chose to maby?

None the less the post is intented to point out that there is some sound data which was new to me that weed can be pretty harmful to your neUral health. I thought this was worth sharing.

:P Ok :P now we are getting to the crux of the tread finaly :pop: I'm glad you have been enlightened but seriosly, wouldn't a simple post saying.......... ' there is some sound data which was new to me that weed can be pretty harmful to your neUral health. I thought this was worth sharing. ' then add some links have been easier? :D

Please can someone post an abstract of an article from a reputible database suggesting that weed is fine for your neUral health?

:huh: The same information you are relying on to say it isn't fine does just that danoz. :D There is no argument that scientific research shows for some people cannabis has risks that make it's use a concern. The point you seem to be missing, which to be honest is looking to me like it's because it suits the stand you are taking, is that this same scientific research also shows there is NO risk for most people. Almost everything we are exposed to on a daily basis is of more risk to most people. As I said in an earlier post in this thread, peanut allergy or heart attack caused by jumping into cold water kill more people a year than cannabis has in recorded history. Science proves it. By your reasoning they are of far more concern than cannabis will ever be to most people.

Peace MongyMan

Edit: As an after thought, cannabis has never harmed my pets in fact the seed in particular has kept them fat and healthy, yet the algae in my dam killed them all in the last 24 hours, go figure hey? Seriosly Danoz, you are coming across as an illinformed anti-cannabis crusader to me.

Edited by MongyMan

Some great replies here.

Danoz, are you still forming ideas based on data you wont share?

Neuro science is dubiously motivated and funded, no question about it.

Not many 'balanced' data filled studies were done on cannabis after 1937.

Far less after 1972.

By 1990, neuro science had the market primed to flood human neuro transmitters with anti depressant chemicals.

Huge business and great motivation for further neurological studies. With predictable results, and many OD fatalities.

Today in 08, neuroscience will still admit when seeking funding, they understand only a tiny fraction of the brain and it's functioning.

MRI to MRI, different brain, different results..

Starting to wonder if you work for NCPIC?

The prevention of information about cannabis?

Here's your scissors back..

I agree that in between all the nonsense there is a valid point regarding the negative effects of weed even for those that love it and also the insular nature of online communities.

Forums like these, no matter what the subject matter, tend to develop a groupthink mentality over time regarding the major issues. People who aren't in line with the consensus of opinion don't hang around long or in most cases simply wouldn't come here at all. And why would they?

Don't get me wrong I don't support Danoz's arguments but I think that the membership of this site represents a minority within a minority. And while everyone should be free to live their life the way they choose, I think there are good reasons that the biggest cannabis site in Australia only has a handful of active members.

In reality most people don't remain stoners for their whole lives out of choice, and its got nothing to do with government laws or propaganda IMO.

I will wait a week to get the chance to prove to you that you have indeed made ill-informed, poorly educated and dangerous assumptions.

You are a troll and a very good one at that

4 days to go danoz, wheres your report based on referenced data.

don't be scared bro you won't be the first "mummy paid for my education wannabe scholar student" who got proven wrong by a "governmental declared public school seat vacant dropout. no education stoner who is apparently mainstream dumb".

what you need to consider is was all the money spent on your education worth it?

well?

was it?

"Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week. Which is the way he wants it. Well,

he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you do."

"if you are a thinker and you look at the marijuana situation and your not laughing, your fucking dumb"

Joe Rogan, 2008.

The Union Movie

Edited by entheofarm

OWWWWWWW wow congrates entheofarm for being the first twit on these forums to really really piss me OFF.

there would be two reasons why that post would piss 1 - its very close to the truth and therefore offensive. OR

2 its the opposite from the truth and therefore very FUCKEN offensive.

I would never post this stuff on a forum but... u oww u old bitter idiot

Summary - Mum dead at 7, dad with 5 kids couldnt cope and turned to drugs, by age 12 he was completely off rails, - out of home and independent by 16 - worked weekends in a firearm store till yr 12 did sat nights as a glassy also. got into uni moved to closest capital city. second year uni figured out i could use my plant/soil knowledge to cultivate weed and therefore reduce work hours and study more.

In third year my dad stole a 6k crop and sold it for $500, i was left with power bills and money i owed to a friend. still i managed to pass.

Eotheonfarm i dont no how successful or unsuccessful as a person you are (also depends how you measure sucess),

i assure you that any failure in life is no 1's fault but your own. You sound bitter.

breath in out arr feel better now. Also u havnt proven me wrong?

Edited by danoz

OWWWWWWW wow congrates entheofarm for being the first twit on these forums to really really piss me OFF.

there would be two reasons why that post would piss 1 - its very close to the truth and therefore offensive. OR

Summary - Mum dead at 7, dad with 5 kids couldnt cope and turned to drugs, by age 12 he was completely off rails, - out of home and independent by 16 - worked weekends in a firearm store till yr 12 did sat nights as a glassy also. got into uni moved to capital city. second year uni figured out i could use my plant/soil knowledge to cultivate weed and therefore reduce work hours and study more.

In third year my dad stole a 6k crop and sold it for $500, i was left with power bills and money i owed to a friend. still i managed to pass.

Eotheonfarm i dont no how successful or unsuccessful as a person you are (also depends how you measure sucess),

i assure you that any failure in life is no 1's fault but your own. You sound bitter.

you need to find another forum danoz.....your a fukin downer ,,,,,,,,,,,,,we smoke so were not like you...........dont blame weed for your probs,,i think you have had or are on harder shit then weed

Summary - Mum dead at 7, dad with 5 kids couldnt cope and turned to drugs, by age 12 he was completely off rails, - out of home and independent by 16 - worked weekends in a firearm store till yr 12 did sat nights as a glassy also. got into uni moved to closest capital city. second year uni figured out i could use my plant/soil knowledge to cultivate weed and therefore reduce work hours and study more.

HAHAHA I trolled the troll :peace:

Fuck off and take some more prozac you sook :huh: