Seedling, HELP me please.

these babies are not looking good, leaves almost look burnt. can someone please offer some insight into the problem. heat, too much water, too little. I saw a very good thread a while ago on problems with pictures of each problem. anyone go the link? these plants have spent a few day behind the shed, heat related, have not fed nutrients for about a week so not sure if this is problem , soil looks moist. ??????

post-17787-1224634980_thumb.jpg

post-17787-1224635003_thumb.jpg

post-17787-1224635028_thumb.jpg

post-17787-1224635041_thumb.jpg

my guess is that you have a pH lockout and you are over watering them lol if you would like an accurate answer we need to know the following:

*what medium you are using (obviously soil, but is it store brand or what?)

*how often are you watering them and how much are you giving them each time

*what nutrients are you feeding them and how often

*what is the pH of the water you are giving them for both normal watering and when feeding

*have you flushed the plants

*how old are the plant

*how big are the pots they are in

*how much direct sun a day do they recieve

i think that about covers it, but basically the more information you can give us the better and i think that link you referred to in the post is in my signature lol

mix-cheap potting mix mixed with sandy loam from vegie garden.

4 weeks old

watered daily with tank water, PH ? prob about 250ml?

fed them a week ago with thrive water soluble and a week before that.

about 8 hours but last three days they have been between shed and fence getting about 4 hours. may be too hot there?

havent been flushed, should i do this?

4" pots

is there some immediate action i can take? repot without potting mix and just into straight organic sandy loam? flush? dont want to lose these i have limited seed stock

i can picture lots of newbies picking up their plants and flushing them down the toilet, pots and all lol

in all seriousness though flushing is just running lots of water throught the pots the plants are growing in. say you are growing in 9L pots, to flush the plant you'd run about 30L through it. doing so removes any built up nutrient and pH issues and gives you a clean slate to start over with :D

go to a pet store and ask for a liquid pH tester. it should only cost you $5-10 and will last a lifetime. you need to make sure your plants are being watered at the right pH or nutrients will get locked out. when that happens, plants go to shit lol

my advice would be to flush the plants and move them to an area where they wont get friend by excess light or heat lol

Hi,

Have to agree...Dachronics spot on get a PH tester then you know wher you stand..remembering pot likes to be slightly acidic.

I think youve burnt them...hey its not too late too start again...but mix up a nice organic mix of soil ...and hey if you are continually transplanting into bigger pot then theres probably no need for fertilisers ro 2 - 4 wks after transplanting.

Once you are happy with your pot size and this time frame of 2-4 wks(depending on quality of soil) has passed then add a product like "Charli Carp"...if the plants back on track and pumping then its very hard to over-fertilise with charli carp(buy it by the 5lt bottle if u can)

Hope that helps

Cheers Maxhead

I would rather buy seeds through the net and know SPECIFICALLY what plant you are getting.

I personally would never go to Nimbin for nothing more than a good time... In saying that, you park your car, you speek to a few people, a few hours later you got your seeds, but what did you get? Oh yeah the guy said they were super skunk, but they turned out to be super junk!

Seeds in the mail is a risk, a risk most oz stoners take, and the penalty's are so minute I would be more worried drifting around Nimbin = /

However I am telling you to break the law, which it is not my place to tell.