SA New laws on drug making equipment (New laws apply from Sunday 19 Oc

It is bizarre these laws. It is far more illegal to possess hydro lights or a cannabis book than it is to possess a plant. It is still not a criminal offense to grow a plant outside, as long as its only one. What do they have against hyrdo, it is merely a growing technique for fucks sake. I have smoked outdoor that rivals the best of hydro I've smoked, do they not realise this shit.. Edited by bloodshot_eyes

It is bizarre these laws. It is far more illegal to possess hydro lights or a cannabis book than it is to possess a plant. It is still not a criminal offense to grow a plant outside, as long as its only one. What do they have against hyrdo, it is merely a growing technique for fucks sake. I have smoked outdoor that rivals the best of hydro I've smoked, do they not realise this shit..

That is their point the "growing technique". Some of the hydro shops were/are run by bikie gangs. The were setting up grow co-ops. The city of churches had become the city of growers. South Australia's image was/is being tarnished. I disagree with taking anyones rights to read a book away (fascism) but when governments are being laughed at then they come down harder on the innocents than the criminals. They can't stop you buying fluros. There is a couple of good fluro grows in the grow diaries, so it can be done. >:(

it was only a matter of time before they fucked over the hydro industry in australia and soon it will spread from south australia to the rest of the country lol

my advice would be to buy up now while you can. buy a few spare ballasts and a ton of globes especially. the globes can work for over a year, i wouldnt recommend using them that long, but the point im trying to make is you can use them for a few months, put them away and then gradually go through them over the years. you also want a spare ballast incase one dies and they can last a decade so you shouldnt really have anything to worry about there.

did anyone notice how mediums weren't listed? that sounds strange to me, but in anycase im sure a 40L bag of clayballs and some dwc buckets could keep a grower going for life lol if worse comes to worse we'll have to settle for some store brand soil, its not like they can ban that, but if they manage to find a way they'll have to ban shovels too lol

in a decade or so when our equipment starts dying for good i imagine the fluros we can buy from woolies, bunnings, etc. will all be alot more efficient and better for growing. since incandecent globes have been banned from australia from 2010 i think it was, there is no chance they'll get banned and because they are going to become the standard lighting in australia they'll make the next generation of grow lights for us that generate less heat, take up less space, use less energy and are easy to hide as a result.

you's can see it as a bad thing, i do too, but i choose to see it as a time to invest in our grow rooms and then to wait for society to make us better technology to grow with :D

my advice would be to buy up now while you can. buy a few spare ballasts and a ton of globes especially.

you's can see it as a bad thing, i do too, but i choose to see it as a time to invest in our grow rooms and then to wait for society to make us better technology to grow with lol

Why buy up heaps of globes and ballasts ... so you can qualify for 2 years jail and fine of $10,000 ??? ... great advice lol

none of this equipment is banned

lol

i recommended buying now because later on people wont be able to and how much fun is it going to be having globes and ballasts die half way into flowering with no way to replace them lol

i suppose if you wanted to be a bit more legit you could just wait for your current equipment to die and then switch over to fluros, but im personally going to ensure that im able to grow using HIDs for a few more years to come....

WDC these things are not illegal ppl can buy them and there are NO plans to ban their sale ...

Why wont ppl be able to buy them? ppl can buy as many as they want !! ... its only having said items in your possesipon without lawful excuse that is illegal

youre advising everyone to stock up on items that will put them in jail for two years with a fine of $10,000 when there is no valid or sane reason to do so ?? .. sorry i cant understand your reasoning ..

lol

I don't think theses laws are going to spread though Australia. They have no basis for logic and even though governments aren't usually known for being logical, it would take a real hick mentality to come up with these ridiculous laws and that's obviously what the SA government is.

By the way, ganja possession or growing is NOT decimalized in SA, you just have the option of avoiding a criminal charge if you pay the fine in time.