coco for out door in the ground

Hey guys i thought i would start a new thread on this as it is a new thought i have had but it does involve my current grow as well as the clones i will be reciving very very shortly :D I so cant wait to get these clones :D

anyway my question is can i go coco/perlite straight into the ground..

I am thinking of digging 2 foot deep wholes putting in some things that have been reccomended by one of my mentores and then back filling the wholes with coco/perlite and then planting the clones i am getting as well as the widoss I got growing from seed atm...

is this a good idea or should i go soil mix instead of coco/perlite for the out side in the ground

just looking or a little help as the time is nearing rather quickly and dont wanna be stuffing around...

also can i use my coco nutes when i have transplantes into the ground

please excuse my poor spelling and use of the english language.... but I finished my community servie today and have been celebrating since 11.30 am this morning :bow:

U you can use the coco and perlite in the ground but if it was me i would dig the hole put a dead chook in the bottom and fill with a good potting mix and then plant the plants but would be better if could be left for a few weeks so the chook can start to brake down a bit and make the soil better.

Yes u can use coco and perlite in the ground with the nutes but imo it is a waist as i think u would get a better plant with out it out side in the ground...

thanx for the quick reply guys I will deff be putting an animal of some kind in the ground... havent decided yet... was thinking of going fish as i have read a few threads on doing it with fish and they seem to get great results.. as for the chooks can I use a raw one from the shops... or if not where do i get one from... another question i just thought of.. wont animals dig at my grow if the smell something rotting in the ground..

and ill deff be going the potting mix instead of the coco/perlite for the ground hole :D

shroomy I think that you need an animal that is still a bit more complete.....

I think its more the offal than the flesh, also unless the area has clay just dig in

some poo, also have you looked at those water crystal thingamajigs that hold water,

save you going back to water ( I don't know how good they are my somebody else

knows there effectiveness....

I wish I could throw some outside, the only "bush" near me is a golf course and I

wouldn't trust anyone who chases a little white ball for fun.

Cheers :D

Dead fish or chook in the bottom of the whole will do the same thing.

To get a dead chook go to a chook farm most towns will have one some where around and ask them for a dead chook or 2 and they will give them to u.

I think u will have to worry about digging up ya plants would be dogs or fox, the way around it is get some chook wire 4 stakes 2 cans of green and black spray paint lay out chook wire and spray with the green and black paint do same with stakes and put around plant but berry the chook wire at least a foot in the ground to stop anything trying to dig under the wire.

For got to add do not use gloss paint to paint the chook wire use as matt paint as the matt paint will blend into the rest of the background better than the gloss will...

Hey Shroomy why not sink a pot of straight coco in the ground and grow hydroponicly. Straight coco would work best as it will hold more water,I hate perlite. Either hand awater your nutes or use a tank and irigation etc. You could use 100l + pot(the bigger the better). They will grow faster than soil given good pot size and expect huge a huge fucking yield. Downside is watering like fuck and it will chug the nutes also(back off on the strength on hot days)

Heavy rain can be an issue, washing your nutes away but there are a few ways around that. Rain water doesn't have any real buffer so it wont unbalance your ph anyway.

Latest creation is HDFxPOG in a 75 liter pot. Shown in and out of the ground.

post-12771-1222560299_thumb.jpg

post-12771-1222560953_thumb.jpg

Also agree what they said. In the ground with good soil is pretty hard to beat also. And its easier(but not that much).

Cheers

NICE PLANTS MATE.

why not sink a pot of straight coco in the ground and grow hydroponically
unless there is usually natural moisture, i wouldn't recommend it, unless he wants to spend too much time & risk by visiting his plants too often. Coco dries quickly in hot dry weather, which this year is looking to be.

Soil with Coco & Perlite/vermiculite in moderation, with pre-soaked water crystals well mixed throughout the soil will keep plants going for quite a while in dry conditions without extra water. You can also add nutes & trace elements to the water used for initially pre-soaking the water crystals (rainwater is better than treated, if you have it).

If termites are a problem in the area then use DIPEL, a non-toxic bacterial caterpillar control, which also works great LONG-TERM at eradicating termite infestations. Mix 1 sachet into 1 bucket of water (rainwater if you have it). I also add 1 desert spoon of brown sugar to the bucket of water with the DIPEL. It also gets rid of many pesky ants, like those that try to farm scale or aphids on your dopies.

Edited by Kali Mist