'Dope' smoking doesn't matter - Gillard

Why is there such a fuss about every time a politician says they smoked once?

I think it's a media whore ploy. Mainly because they all say once and because weed is a little more socially acceptable than other illegal drugs.

Well it is to try it 'once' anyway....

I'd like to see Rudd say "yeh I flipped a few biscuits in my day". Instant overrun.

Anyway, someone should ask them what would they see their life as now if they were caught back then and now have a criminal record, and what do they think happens to innocent people like them everyday, instead of just asking if they've smoked and laugh when they say yes.

Anyway, someone should ask them what would they see their life as now if they were caught back then and now have a criminal record, and what do they think happens to innocent people like them everyday, instead of just asking if they've smoked and laugh when they say yes.

Exactly tommo.

Jan, the professor of publicity, should be asked if she ever tried to. And then that same question above.