Dynamic Alert Negotiates With Medical Cannabis Research & Dev Firm

You and I can't legally make whole plant extracts at home right now. They can in their 'labs'.

We can't legally research effects and potency and healthy delivery methods for thc, but, we do and for free if not caught.

This situation may change soon ....

Medical Cannabis Research Board (Australia) :D

grace :D

:D Looking into this mob, yes they are a security company. That makes me instantly suspisious of their intentions. It looks to me that they are just another group can see the dollars available if cannabis moves from prohibition to under the control of them and others like them. Bring on the medical growers co-ops I say, were those that are members own and control the cannabis and the money generated from it. Who better to buy your meds from if you cant grow them than your own company. Fuck the multi nationals and their greed. If you can't see them for who they realy are niall plenty of others here can, belive me. Personaly I think you do the medical growers in Australia a grave injustice by even entertaining the though of these guys and those like them who only see the dollars. They are only trying to play catch up and profit from what many have learnt and already know from years experience with cannabis as a medicine, I have over 30 yrs experience myself for example using it and breeding strains to suit different peoples needs. There are already small underground medical co-ops in Australia, why not work with them in a legal context. They are the growers and the sick not a company out for dollars.

Peace MongyMan

:D Oh and I did a search for Medical Cannabis Research Board (Australia) grace but didn't find much?

I talk to Steve Kubby and Richard Cowan regularly, and they are 100% against prohibition and 100% behind the use of whole plant cannabis as medicine.

Beauty, then perhaps Richard can clarify his position personally.

Rhetorically.. (we all know the answer is :D and not health)

Why not form non profit company/s and run for whole plant medicine co-ops like MM said?

The company and products could be tax free like a religion(!)

Not floated on the scam market.

A place to teach carers and patients how to grow (like here and others)

As we know, great compassionate networks have already formed illegally, where medicinal users quite efficiently compare strains and the positive effects on their symptoms or palliative care.

Why CEO a company and continue or create a system where -

You must go to a doctor's office

wait in a germ filled waiting room for 1 hour past your apt time

paying the gp for a 15 minute consultation

only to get a script from phizer, gsk or dynamic alert which will need refilling the same way next month

and cost the sufferer twice + fuel and or the aus taxpayer pbs?

When you could e.g. legalize the plant for all medical conditions accepted for cannabis treatment.

Allow patients or their carers to grow. Still illegal to sell (not preferred ofc, prohibition should be fully repealed).

Plenty of room there still to market products at these legal medicinal growers, yes, for profit on the scare market - vapes, gadgets to process, screens, reference books etc. (dynamic security systems)

Those who are squeaky clean but have fat little fingers in the illegal side, can still dominantly exploit the recreational markets and govern/ police/ run prevention centres, and control that side with continued hypocrisy. (and protect their vested interests in alcohol, tobacco and cold n flu meds)

Making cannabis legal for all medical conditions accepted for cannabis treatment, would still leave room for big pharma to compete with the non profit medicinal growers.

They could still research, manufacture and market good products for profit.

However the onus is on them then, to make sure the products are of exceptionally high quality. Rather than 'the only' available option for desperate medicinal users. (for whom there is no doubt, benefit remarkably from the therapeutic effect of personally growing their own medicine)

:D

lol Bring on the medical growers co-ops I say, were those that are members own and control the cannabis and the money generated from it. Who better to buy your meds from if you cant grow them than your own company. Fuck the multi nationals and their greed.

mmm now that sounds like a good idea :idea:

They are only trying to play catch up and profit from what many have learnt and already know from years experience with cannabis as a medicine, I have over 30 yrs experience myself for example using it and breeding strains to suit different peoples needs. There are already small underground medical co-ops in Australia, why not work with them in a legal context. They are the growers and the sick not a company out for dollars.

Funny you should say that ... the AFP also agreed that we need to bring you guys under a legal framework ;)

Oh and I did a search for Medical Cannabis Research Board (Australia) grace but didn't find much?

Do an ASIC name search. :bow:

You won't find much but you know how that saying goes .... Rome wasn't built in a day. :D

:D I guess to start this off we should get a few of you guys together for a meeting :D and see where it goes from there.

:D

Bring on the medical growers co-ops I say, were those that are members own and control the cannabis and the money generated from it. Who better to buy your meds from if you cant grow them than your own company.

Hey I agree, but this has nothing to do with pharmaceutical products. We need both in my opinion.

Fuck the multi nationals and their greed. If you can't see them for who they realy are niall plenty of others here can, belive me.

Sure, but that's not the issue here. This is not a multinational. This is a bunch of guys who have been cannabis activists, users and growers for decades. They are on our side. Why are you so opposed to them trying to earn a living from the knowledge and experience that they've gained over the years? No-one has produced any evidence, fact or any reasonable logic to even suggest that these guys are aiming to further cannabis prohibition, or to control cannabis, or to somehow make the current legal situation worse. They are in the business of proving that cannabis is an effective medicine, if anything this actually helps validate the demand and need for herbal cannabis. How it is distributed, and by whom, is another topic.

I think you guys are trying to rationalise and simplify a complex situation, and I just think that some of the arguments you're making are inaccurate or flawed.

Personaly I think you do the medical growers in Australia a grave injustice by even entertaining the though of these guys and those like them who only see the dollars.

Um, my thoughts are causing injustice? Do you truly believe that I should not think the way that I do, or that I should think like you instead? And that somehow my personal, private thoughts (or stating my opinion publicly?) is somehow causing GRAVE injustice?!? I find this stunning, but then again it's indicative of the points I've been trying to make - this thread is way, way out there :D

They are only trying to play catch up and profit from what many have learnt and already know from years experience with cannabis as a medicine, I have over 30 yrs experience myself for example using it and breeding strains to suit different peoples needs.

You've just described Kubby and Cowan to a tee! They are more like you than you realise, they've merely taken the next step and are trying to make a business out of this. They are the good guys! If you did the same Mongyman I wouldn't be jumping to conclusions and questioning your intentions, at least not without doing a bit of research and backing up my claims. In fact I'd be congratulating you, this entire community should be figuring out how to get into this industry and make sure it's done properly! I'm far more concerned about operations like Cannasat, GW Pharmaceuticals, Bayer and others than I am about this group - Kubby and Cowan I know personally, I know what they stand for, and they have a long history in our activist community. There are very few people in the world as suitable as these guys to be getting involved in this business and ensuring that patient's interests are represented and protected.

These guys just happen to be astute businessmen, as well as cannabis users and activists. Does this automatically disqualify them? Does this alone make them worthy of your condemnation? Be suspicious sure, but go do some research and find out the facts before painting them as some kind of evil, greedy pharmaceutical multinational who only wants to control cannabis or replace prohibition with their monopoly!

There are already small underground medical co-ops in Australia, why not work with them in a legal context. They are the growers and the sick not a company out for dollars.

You do realise this is an American company, right? Sounds like a great idea, someone here should do exactly that (onya grace!) - but based on everyone's logic so far we'd then lynch them as sellouts?!?

Finally, read Cowan's press release again. Try to understand this these guys have assets tied up in existing ventures. They are trying to use their existing, registered (and pending NYSE listed) companies to kick things off. You can't just change a company's focus overnight, particularly when you are in the process of going public! You're concerned as a result of their corporate strategy, at how they are raising capital and maneuvering their assets to get this off the ground. Google Cowan - he's been involved in all sorts of business ventures over the years. Same with Kubby. They are pimping themselves, they're trying to get this thing off the ground and attract investors, and they need to do that carefully and legally under corporate law. Expect Dynamic Alert's public focus and website to change, hell I'd expect their name to change! This is not the conspiracy that you guys are making it out to be! It all seems a little crazy :D

Hey I agree, but this has nothing to do with pharmaceutical products. We need both in my opinion.

It has everything to do with pharmaceutical products. What do you think medicinal cannabis is? It's just big companies controlling this product that concerns me. They don't have a good track record of putting the patients first .

Sure, but that's not the issue here. This is not a multinational. This is a bunch of guys who have been cannabis activists, users and growers for decades. They are on our side. Why are you so opposed to them trying to earn a living from the knowledge and experience that they've gained over the years? No-one has produced any evidence, fact or any reasonable logic to even suggest that these guys are aiming to further cannabis prohibition, or to control cannabis, or to somehow make the current legal situation worse. They are in the business of proving that cannabis is an effective medicine, if anything this actually helps validate the demand and need for herbal cannabis. How it is distributed, and by whom, is another topic.

If you think their only intention is to show that cannabis is a legitamate medecine I hope you are right. Personaly I see it as just a step to their final plan to be the suppliers of it too. They are businessmen as you said. They arn't doing this from the goodness of their hearts are they? Would they be prepared to work towards establishing no-profit grower/carer co-ops in Oz? We need people with their knowledge.

I think you guys are trying to rationalise and simplify a complex situation, and I just think that some of the arguments you're making are inaccurate or flawed.

Funny niall I feel the same way.

Um, my thoughts are causing injustice? Do you truly believe that I should not think the way that I do, or that I should think like you instead? And that somehow my personal, private thoughts (or stating my opinion publicly?) is somehow causing GRAVE injustice?!? I find this stunning, but then again it's indicative of the points I've been trying to make - this thread is way, way out there :D

I think you have me wrong niall. I encorage intelligent disscusion and of corse not everyone is always going to agree with others thoughts. Doesn't change their right to view them though. I do think that publicly giving this mob creedence is selling out our own local Oz growers and thus does them a grave injustice yes.

You've just described Kubby and Cowan to a tee! They are more like you than you realise, they've merely taken the next step and are trying to make a business out of this.

Thats where they and me differ niall. I'm not trying to make a business out of it so I can profit. I want to see the patients as there own co-op businesses where the money pays to futher the co-op not pay for someones children to go to private schools or yearly carribean holidays etc.

They are the good guys!

I cant see it sorry niall.

If you did the same Mongyman I wouldn't be jumping to conclusions and questioning your intentions, at least not without doing a bit of research and backing up my claims. In fact I'd be congratulating you, this entire community should be figuring out how to get into this industry and make sure it's done properly! I'm far more concerned about operations like Cannasat, GW Pharmaceuticals, Bayer and others than I am about this group - Kubby and Cowan I know personally, I know what they stand for, and they have a long history in our activist community. There are very few people in the world as suitable as these guys to be getting involved in this business and ensuring that patient's interests are represented and protected.

Well jump on board niall and back your fellow Oz growers, dump these clowns unless they want to help with a genuine effort to form legal grower/carer co-ops in Oz. We dont need their business and we dont want it. Medicinal cannabis is not a business to make profits from. The lowest of the low profit from anothers illness imo. I agree they are in a good position to forward medicinal cannabis and that they are less of a problem than the other big companies you mentioned but i'm just disapointed that money and business is still first. They are tarred with the same brush even if they don't have as much tar sticking yet. Ask them if they will back the local Oz growers and help us set up legal grower/carer co-ops instead of their business. It will honestly surprise me if they do if there isn't a dollar in it for them.

These guys just happen to be astute businessmen, as well as cannabis users and activists. Does this automatically disqualify them? Does this alone make them worthy of your condemnation? Be suspicious sure, but go do some research and find out the facts before painting them as some kind of evil, greedy pharmaceutical multinational who only wants to control cannabis or replace prohibition with their monopoly!

At the end of the day they want to profit from medicinal cannabis. They are no different to the other multinationals trying to secure there piece of the medicinal cannabis pie. We don't need business profiting from medicinal cannabis imo niall. Do you honestly belive we do?

You do realise this is an American company, right?

Yes, expanding their interest to Australia. Sounds like a multinational company to me.

Sounds like a great idea, someone here should do exactly that (onya grace!) - but based on everyone's logic so far we'd then lynch them as sellouts?!?

It's the best idea imo and there is more happening on that front than you seem realize nial. We don't need big companies making it harder and I think most others would agree with me. yes? As far as being linched, I can garentee it if profits are the aim.

Finally, read Cowan's press release again. Try to understand this these guys have assets tied up in existing ventures. They are trying to use their existing, registered (and pending NYSE listed) companies to kick things off. You can't just change a company's focus overnight, particularly when you are in the process of going public! You're concerned as a result of their corporate strategy, at how they are raising capital and maneuvering their assets to get this off the ground. Google Cowan - he's been involved in all sorts of business ventures over the years. Same with Kubby. They are pimping themselves, they're trying to get this thing off the ground and attract investors, and they need to do that carefully and legally under corporate law. Expect Dynamic Alert's public focus and website to change, hell I'd expect their name to change! This is not the conspiracy that you guys are making it out to be! It all seems a little crazy :D

Well you have said nothing that doesn't just increase my suspicion in them there niall. So they have alot of assets to protect, no surprise really. They just want to add medicinal cannabis to the list. As I said grower/carer co-ops are they only way to keep big business from taking controll of medicinal cannabis. You can ethier be with the mulinationals or againt them imo. There is very little middle ground when one side wants profits and the other wants care for the sick and dying instead of profit.

Peace MongyMan

It has everything to do with pharmaceutical products. What do you think medicinal cannabis is?

Medicinal cannabis is not a pharmaceutical product. Are you suggesting that it is?

It's just big companies controlling this product that concerns me.

Big companies do not control cannabis, they never have and they never will - the black market in cannabis is overwhelming proof of this! Marinol, Sativex and other pharmaceutical cannabinoid medicines have had no impact on the black market or on availability of medicinal cannabis. What makes you think Cowan and Kubby's products will have an effect where nothing else has?

If you think their only intention is to show that cannabis is a legitamate medecine I hope you are right.

That's not what I said, and that's not what I believe. Is there any chance we can keep this on topic, are you able to respond to my points at all or are you just going to keep dancing around them? I've responded to yours directly, posing questions in response and asking for evidence, but instead you've tried to put words into my mouth several times now and seem to be unable to back up your position with any semblence of fact or evidence. That's the only reason I'm here, it's not painful to read these posts it's painful to see this type of ignorance go unopposed. It does our community, and patients, a disservice

Would they be prepared to work towards establishing no-profit grower/carer co-ops in Oz? We need people with their knowledge.

This is an American company, I do not understand why you keep suggesting they support initiatives in Australia. Australians need to support local initiatives like this, Australians like you and me. This community needs to get involved and to drive this issue locally. One approach, from the many that are necessary and available to us, is to build profitable businesses based upon cannabinoid medicines. Another is to build non-profit organisations to represent patients needs and their opinion on this issue. They're all good, they should all be pursued (as they are in the USA, Canada, Israel, the Netherlands, ...), but we need to do this ourselves! You pointed out earlier that you've got over 30 years experience in this area - why do we need Cowan and Kubby when we have plenty of people like you right here in Australia?!?

I do think that publicly giving this mob creedence is selling out our own local Oz growers and thus does them a grave injustice yes.

Again, I can't see what this American initiative has to do with Australia. And even ignoring this point, I cannot see how voicing my opinion and supporting every form of medical cannabis possible, supporting the idea that patients need and want a variety of different cannabinoid medicines and methods of delivery, does Australian growers "a grave injustice". Can you explain what you mean by this instead of simply repeating the original statement? What injustice? How do my comments sell out local growers? What on earth are you talking about?

Thats where they and me differ niall. I'm not trying to make a business out of it so I can profit. I want to see the patients as there own co-op businesses where the money pays to futher the co-op not pay for someones children to go to private schools or yearly carribean holidays etc.

Look around you. I assume that you are as surrounded by corporate products and services as I am? Medicines from pharmaceutical companies, herbs and extracts from naturopaths and chinese herbalists - they have all proven useful, and there is plenty of overlap and inspiration between them. Why should medical cannabis be any different to every other product, intoxicant and medicine that is currently circulating within our society and our economy? Why should it be treated any different? You seem to only support one method of production and distribution, whereas I support all of them - the more the better! Why would you deny patients and consumers valid options and methods of taking their medicine or enjoying their intoxicant of choice? You've not explained your position, just repeated it in between criticism of a genuine attempt at bringing cannabis medicine to millions of people, which you still have not justified with any real substance.

I'm up for a discussion, let's dig into your points (and mine) and nut this out. Hey you might change my mind, or I might change yours, but so far you're not giving us the chance to understand your position. I think I've explained mine pretty clearly and I've asked you explain yours but you seem unwilling or unable to do this?

Well jump on board niall and back your fellow Oz growers, dump these clowns

Why are they mutually exclusive? We can actually do both, that's exactly what I'm advocating. Unless you can demonstrate some reason why we should not do this, how local growers and patients are affected by this particular company in a way that the rest of the cannabinoid industry has not, then I'll continue to support every possible avenue that results in effective and competitive cannabis medicines (in as many forms as possible) reaching patients.

Medicinal cannabis is not a business to make profits from. The lowest of the low profit from anothers illness imo.

So not only are you anti-corporate and anti-pharmaceutical but you're anti-medicine, anti-doctor, anti-health-service? This just isn't realistic mate, our capitalistic society requires that people earn an income and that money be invested in research and product development for public health. As much as I personally believe in local barter and abolition of centralised currency, you're advocating nothing short of a revolution. Why should medicinal cannabis be exempt when every other medicine, herb, tea, food, hell every product and service is produced for profit?

I agree they are in a good position to forward medicinal cannabis and that they are less of a problem than the other big companies you mentioned

Ok then by your own logic, you are now guilty of the same "grave injustice" that I am, by supporting them publicly like this.

but i'm just disapointed that money and business is still first.

Hey so am I, but that's more a comment on how our society is structured than this company. All I said was that this is legit, that it's not some subterfuge to further cannabis prohibition. That doesn't mean that I don't agree with all of the extra points raised in this thread (or disagree with the words put into my mouth), but it's all off-topic and has nothing to do with this company.

Ask them if they will back the local Oz growers and help us set up legal grower/carer co-ops instead of their business. It will honestly surprise me if they do if there isn't a dollar in it for them.

Surprise you more than the fact that they are in America, registering as an American company, to make cannabinoid medicines in America? What do Oz growers have to do with them?

At the end of the day they want to profit from medicinal cannabis. They are no different to the other multinationals trying to secure there piece of the medicinal cannabis pie. We don't need business profiting from medicinal cannabis imo niall. Do you honestly belive we do?

Yep, for medical cannabis to go mainstream and to reach all of the patients that can benefit from it, we need profitable business coming up with innovative products and medicines. We also need people to be able to grow their own at home, patient co-ops, compassion clubs, retail outlets, non-profits, patient representative orgs, industry associations, online communities like this.... we need ALL of them!

Yes, expanding their interest to Australia. Sounds like a multinational company to me.

Based on...?

We don't need big companies making it harder and I think most others would agree with me. yes?

How are they making it harder?

As far as being linched, I can garentee it if profits are the aim.

Then this is pointless and I'm done, ciao.

Then this is pointless and I'm done, ciao.

:D Haha. No worries then mate. I was happy to have an adult conversation, as you said we may change our minds on points that each make but if you feel like its pointless well.....

Ps Some of us don't have the eloquence with words as yourself niall You see comments like this one, I feel are a bit agressive.

..... are you able to respond to my points at all or are you just going to keep dancing around them? I've responded to yours directly, posing questions in response and asking for evidence, but instead you've tried to put words into my mouth several times now and seem to be unable to back up your position with any semblence of fact or evidence. That's the only reason I'm here, it's not painful to read these posts it's painful to see this type of ignorance go unopposed. It does our community, and patients, a disservice.
I am trying to put in writing what I think but if you think I'm just avoiding your questions or trying to put words in your mouth, which I can asurre you is not my intention, then maby you are right about this being pointless.

Peace MongyMan