Supercropping?

I understand the principles behing Supercropping,but what is the difference in yield if it is not done?.I like the idea of a huge crown that pokes up like the Eiffel Tower.Yet i have seen some pics with the plant being supercropped and the yield that the plant can get seems so much more.Is it best for the plants to be cropped if you have a small growing space?.And does it affect potency in anyway?.

Thanks

I'm not sure about more yeild as I've heard conflicting reports but I think anything that stresses the plants (breaking stems) must have some adverse effects.

I have read that when topping or removing any growing tip you are removing the growth hormone within the tip and it takes a good while for the plant to build it back up again inorder to carry on growing from the next shoots. If you bent the tops over instead of removing them then the hormone remains in the plant and travels back down to the next growing shoots so you get a faster growth response.

I have tried this and from what i've seen so far it seems to work much better. My plants with bent over tops are much bushier than the topped plants and the plants I haven't touched, with more advanced growth on the bud sites and thicker develpoment in the stem.

Buster.

Thanks buster for the info :(

I have a confined space in which to grow,so i want to maximise yield if possible,what should i do to get the biggest yield possible without losing quality?.I am going to use a growing medium,hand watered with a 430watt Son T Agro.Should i look at SCROG or SOG?.Or bending the plants as Buster says?.Or is there another way?.

Thanks

I used to grow under 1 400w, growing 16 plant SOG sorta, now I use 2 400w and grow 8 plants, but I think my yield per light was better with the SOG method.

I vegged for 2 weeks from clones (depending on strain). I was getting about 10 to 12oz under 1 400w, I'm getting the same now, but taking up more head room, and have alot more experience.

Bageera,

Bending the tops of plants over has a similar effect to SCROG by allowing light to penetrate through exposed areas and promote new growth/budsites. If you are thinking about SOG then remember the legality issue, if you do get busted (God forbid) then it will go against you. I have nothing against SOG at all I just thought I should make you aware :(

I will be trying a SCROG system for my next grow as tieing down is more time consuming for very similar effects.

White_Cluster,

10 - 12 oz from one 400w, thats 1.25 - 1.50 oz/sft if using 8 square ft space. Very impressive!!

Buster.

Edited by Buster

My best yield from a 430w Son-T-Agro is 15 3/4 ounces, this was done using the bending method in a two stage crop, similar to what I am doing with this crop, to make the bending method easier in a confined space I have attached plastic garden trellis around the walls of the grow room and I train the larger branches to that. When the first stage (Indica dominant, Bubble-gum) are ready to harvest the heads of the second stage of the grow (Sativa dominant) are just starting to get chunky, this time it is an SPC B'shen, it has been moved to a more open position and bent over to the trellis or otherwise tied, being careful and not forcing the plant, this opens up the lower areas and allows the lower part of the heads to get as much light as the tops.

Some pictures of my grow. The trellis is in the later shots.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

Hi

This year (outdoor) i had 2 plants growing in the traditional manner 1 got to over 9ft and i had another that i tied down from the start and kept tying it and training as long as you are carefull u can bend the branches horizontal and if there healthy, the next day they will be reaching 4 the sky, then when they get 2 high again tie down again, i just used half bricks 2 tie 2

anyway my point is i got more off the plant i trained and tied down than the ones i let grow normaly.

i have also seen the method of growing by getting a clone 4 indoors and instead of potting the clone in the traditional manner, u just lie it on the surface of the potting medium and the roots find their way down then when it starts growing up you snap the branches to do the same, the setup i saw had 3X 1000w lights and 4 plants and it produced 4lbs of the most potent buds iv'e ever tasted..

This is a picture of the plant i tied down this year from about 3-4 weeks of age.........

post-17-1049715022_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the Pics Choofr and Tom.Very nice plants form both of you.Hope i can get my plants to look half as good :D

Well,you have all made me think twice about supercropping.That tied down option looks to be the goods.Less plants too so in case the cops come knocking :P

Will keep on getting more info yet,before i make up my mind.