just got some Bluesmytic, was it has blue hues aswell i just started flower after learning bout not to harsh nutirents. Learnt the hard way to, howver i think i will get a bit from first run then take her Babies and next run should be great! Cant wait to smell and see them come along by the sounds of it!

Ahh.. Your bringing up some good and bad memories for me.

Some years back, we were growing a cross between Blueberry X White Rhino and an unknown intruder. Was still good stuff though.. Its bad memories, because it was quality ( relative to the crap thats peddled for cannabis on the streets these days), and we had hundreds of seeds, and we wasted them, i gave them away to people, and never got anything back for it... Good times, bad times..

The cross that we had, displayed occasional purple traits. Cant say "blue", but definitely purple. Typically with the stems, but we had one nice plant which was growing above and beyond the rate of the others. It had a lovely purple tingle to the leaf, which went away when the plant matured, but it still retained its purple/red stems.

A more pure variety should for sure produce more instances of the purple factor. It really does make our favorite plant shine with extra beauty.

Its been many years...sigh..

i acquired blueberry several years ago from a local seed bank (nimbin area ) and was'nt overly

impressed, smoke was average and to grow indoor or outdoor was a real bugger. Since then

i have crossed it with jack herer and although not as sweet the smoke was impressive.Then to

top it off it was then put over duckfoot (my favorite). This was done to increase yeild and to add

a fruity flavour which was acheived.The end result is a plant with stable genetics, good yeilds and fantastic

smoke.

When i work out how to put pictures on here i will share them.

I'm growing 4 blueberry varieties at the moment including the original notorious dj short bb ... (the original), i will post pics of the mutants soon ..... theyre lively girls .... they all need a lot of work to turn them into decent yielding plants. ...... i havent noticed any nute sensitivities as mentioned regularly when growers speak of blueberry ... if anything these girls are hungry for nutes .... i have been underfeeding them .... peace n pot,

Hey Syber, well done if you've picked up the original Blueberry.

My memories of it is that it was available/fashionable lol in SE Qld late 90's through clone swapping, same as clones of Skunk were in earlier years etc.

The clone I kept grew pointy colas, didn't yield overly well however was a very nice smoke, quality, great uplifting high and it yes smelled very fruity. I did find it was the first plant to show signs the EC was getting too high as it was in with 5-6 different strains at that time, Afghani, 2 different lines of Skunk, Northern Lights.

I'd grow that cutting again anytime. If you've got a good one you'll hang onto it, guaranteed.

hey bufo ol' mate :up:, yeah, i cant say theyre definately not nute sensitive because im growing all dj short blueberrys and dj short bb hybrids ....... so i dont have much of a scale........ (joint projects with dj short and chimera and shit) .... and the oldschool bluemoonshine... its going to be the kicker i think, have a few fems of the blue moonshine, luckily enough .... one more sati inclined and more more indy inclined, both exhibited initial mutations and it is dj's most heavy hitter aside from the F13 i think ......... im also growing bogs blue moon rocks which is blue moon x bogs sour boggle... its going to have commercial qualitites i reckon...... I've found they need a constant diet, i was underfeeding them ... i believe i have been to conscious/concerned about over nuteing because of the nute sensitivity stories ive heard about blueberry .... i wouldnt feed it the same as i would feed some other large production indy though... definately not .... making out their yeild is going to test me though mate, i need to pull a decent harvest ... considering taking clones of the more commercial blue moonshines that i know are fems ..... and running a tight SOG next to the other girls ...... i decided on regular seeds this run, i usually grow female seeds cause of how homogenous they are ..... the plants im growing at the moment all vary incredibly from one another .... anyway, I have some photos now but theyre bloody amber ... (taken with HID on ...) .... ive butchered the fuck outta them to try and max yield ...... i should have initially LST'd em when they were smaller .... a week or so under HID ...

theyre nearly @ 2 weeks under HID .... i know what people mean by ..... slow initial growth until she has a decent rootball ... theyre growing fucking vigourously now. ... i was worried in the first week under HID ...

anyway, thanks for chiming in bufo - all the best for the new years and merry festivity mate....