Map for drug hunt

Map for drug hunt

August 20, 2008

By HELEN JACK

The Northern Star Lismore

http://www.northernstar.com.au/storydispla...storyid=3782151

A 54-YEAR-OLD Koonorigan man has pleaded guilty to having nearly 26kg of cannabis leaf and heads, and another kilogram of cannabis resin scattered around his home.

Peter Stear Jackson appeared in Lismore Local Court yesterday charged with cultivating and supplying commercial quantities of cannabis.

Police arrested him on May 1 during a raid on his 40ha property at Koonorigan Road.

While searching the property police found cannabis leaf and seeds in the main bedroom of the house.

Jackson was arrested when he admitted to police he owned the leaf and seeds.

He then directed police to a small shed behind the house where they found cannabis leaf and heads drying on purpose-built racks.

When he pointed police to a large machinery shed, they found more cannabis heads drying on four purpose-built drying structures.

Each of the structures were two-tiered and measured four metres long and one metre wide.

On the top of each structure police found a large amount of cannabis resin, and more cannabis heads in sealed plastic bags.

A search of cupboards inside the shed revealed more cannabis leaf and heads.

In an arboretum that housed chickens and ducks 40 metres from the main house, police found mature, pruned, cannabis plants standing over 2.5 metres high growing in the soil.

Jackson told police he had planted them about seven months earlier and that the soil was naturally fertilised by the chooks and ducks, and recent rainfall kept them watered.

In a separate area within the arboretum Jackson showed police more plants heavily headed, two months old and one metre high.

More cannabis plants, ranging in height from 40 centimetres to over two-and-a-half metres, were found in another section in the arboretum.

Jackson then led police back to the house.

He crawled under the building and got a 20-litre plastic container filled with cannabis heads which he gave to police.

Jackson told police that, scattered over the property, were patches of plantings and he drew them a rough map showing the locations.

Jackson told police the plants, which ranged up to two metres tall, were planted two months earlier.

A total number of 134 cannabis plants, ranging in height from 40cm to three metres, were seized during the raid, along with 577 grams of cannabis seed, 25.9 kilos of cannabis leaf and heads, and 1.067 kilos of cannabis resin. The haul was valued at $556,000.

When questioned Jackson told police he only smoked cannabis once a year at the Nimbin Mardi Grass festival.

On behalf of Jackson's defence solicitor Ralph James entered guilty pleas to cultivating a commercial quantity of cannabis and two counts of supplying a commercial quantity of cannabis.

Mr James successfully requested Jackson be excused from attending on September 22, when the matter will be mentioned in Lismore District Court.

poor guy, but hey he's dumb enough to do that, he deserves to get caught. Kog one of Australia's most famous Marijuana drug runners got caught because HE FUCKED UP, and he realised that in gaol/jail(for the yanks), and guess what he graduated from prison with more knowledge on marijuana than from when he went it. These people are the ones who bring the HEAT DOWN ON US!!!

what an idiot lol not only does he give the police everything on his property they can use against him in a court of law, he basically tells them it was all commercial as he only smokes once a year at mardigrass :)

personally though i dont think anyone could be that retarded...he probably gave them all that to hide the bodies burried under the chook shed lol

...he probably gave them all that to hide the bodies burried under the chook shed lol

Shhhh I think this poor guy is in deep enough but you come out with some funny theories wdc. lmao here lol

Anyway big deal he was growing some pot .... there are plenty of us med users who can't grow for ourselves and rely on guys like this to grow for us.

It's not like it was a hazardous substance that was going to contaminate the land or our water ways ....

Anyway the guys 54 ... give him and break and use the resources to get the rock spiders out of the community pls.

I don't think the guy is stupid or at least I wouldn't go calling him that on the information in the report. If the police drug squad is raiding your house and you can keep a straight face and avoid any charges your doin pretty well. The guy would have been under intense stress and threatened with years of emotional torture in prison and you can't rule out the insinuation of further persuasion.

Maybe he even thought that telling the police he smoked only once a year would have been beneficial, nobody's said he was up to date with what to do in a bust. I only found this out on the net. Heard it was good to say no comment to the cops but hey also heard that you should put your plant under a pyramid to harness its power.

If this poor bastard and other people we know gets screwed over for their own personal nirvana, then we need to make something happen to change the system, but we haven't, because we fear what might happen if we speak up.

If anybody has got any ideas that would be a safe way to change things I welcome them.

I don't think the guy is stupid or at least I wouldn't go calling him that on the information in the report. If the police drug squad is raiding your house and you can keep a straight face and avoid any charges your doin pretty well. The guy would have been under intense stress and threatened with years of emotional torture in prison and you can't rule out the insinuation of further persuasion.

Maybe he even thought that telling the police he smoked only once a year would have been beneficial, nobody's said he was up to date with what to do in a bust. I only found this out on the net. Heard it was good to say no comment to the cops but hey also heard that you should put your plant under a pyramid to harness its power.

If this poor bastard and other people we know gets screwed over for their own personal nirvana, then we need to make something happen to change the system, but we haven't, because we fear what might happen if we speak up.

If anybody has got any ideas that would be a safe way to change things I welcome them.

Well said TJ. Education in my opinion is the only way. We have to teach and show the disbelievers that what we do is not harmful to others, we all know how it can harm your physical self but not other people (unless you count passive smoking :bongon: ). Another way would be through Parliament. A party not just for MJ but a party that would take in all aspects of Government and be pro MJ.

I would love to see all the smokers in the world get together on 420 day and meet in parks etc and light up at the same time. That would be just about be a continuous 24hr smoke Jamboree. Gay people had to do that sort of thing to get out o the closet, maybe we will have to do that as well.

Ok get off your soap box brick. >:(

poor guy, but hey he's dumb enough to do that, he deserves to get caught. Kog one of Australia's most famous Marijuana drug runners got caught because HE FUCKED UP, and he realised that in gaol/jail(for the yanks), and guess what he graduated from prison with more knowledge on marijuana than from when he went it. These people are the ones who bring the HEAT DOWN ON US!!!

what an idiot >:( not only does he give the police everything on his property they can use against him in a court of law, he basically tells them it was all commercial as he only smokes once a year at mardigrass lol

personally though i dont think anyone could be that retarded...he probably gave them all that to hide the bodies burried under the chook shed lol

You boys have no idea what actually happened. Why does he 'deserve' to get caught? :sick

I got raided back in the day, after being ratted out, and if I had not played ball with the cops and showed them most lol of my plants, I WOULD HAVE spent time in Boggo Rd. It's a call each individual has to make on their individual situation at the time.

As for KOG's grow video, fuck me dead, if you need instructions on how to grow from that greedy hillbilly your in deep shit :D

That twit determines the plants are ready for harvest because helicoptors are flying over :D what a girl. Oh yeah and stores his weed in plastic bags lol he's just another BIG MOUTH, nobody cash cropper, thinking he's somebody, on a heap of shit Triumph, what a wanker :bongon: