outdoor grow is damm to slow

my outdoor plants seem to be the same, around the same age and the same size even, some days they appear to shoot up and some they just don't seem to develop for ages. deffinately the sun exposer is a big issue but. after a good solid 12 hours of HOT! sun they really seem to love it. the stems are stiffening up nicely and im up to about 6 set of leaves on average, all the plants vary in maturity though, yet they are the same strain? :rolleyes:

pics coming soon.

more thoughts on the matter would be appreciated also

I am guessing you are in the lower states of Oz and the weather is just starting to heat up now. If you started seeds a month or 2 ago and then started some more off today well the ones you started today would catch up to your others. I would stop protecting you plants, just pop them into the garden and forget about them for a few weeks, only to water if the days are hot and you will be suprised once the warm sun hits them and with the days getting longer at how quick they will take off.

Cheers :rolleyes:

aussieinvader, you're in SA right ? Me too. The weather is changing slowly. Growing outdoors will teach you about patience and the way the seasons change. I have 10 tiny plants outside and I' m only looking at them once or twice a week at this stage. I have to trust that they want to grow and will when they're good and ready. Patience grasshopper :rolleyes: !

My plants are about a month old and are on the 3rd set of leaves and about 3" high. the leaves are pretty big already... i've got 6 plants but the stems on 2 of them werent strong enough to support the big leaves...so they have seemed to have taken stretch sort of thing...but sideways.. but thats a good thing...my plans originally were to have 4 ginormeous plants outside in my roofless shed.

cheers

I thought that it was too early to be starting a crop off. Should I be getting my crop in to the ground soon (in

Tassie)? I think the last frost has come and gone, and the weather is getting better (though it is still sketchy - last weekend we had great weather one day and fairly heavy snow another). I've also heard that by starting a crop early they flower later, thus giving a smaller yield. Is this utter crap? Should I be planting ASAP?

It's still too early to put them outside here in Tas, start them in pots inside. I just started the clones for my outdoor crop today, they are in the grow room for now.

The long-range forecast is for a dry summer so I'm hoping to get them out around late October to early November

:rolleyes: