The perfect outdoor plant.

Hey, I'm looking to grow some weed for my first time. I live in NSW, and I'm planning on Guerrilla growing.

I know some of the tricks of the trade, but really I'm still a total noob to the whole growing thing.

There are a few strains i want to grow with, any input about if they are good or not would be fantastic. Also if anyone knows of the THC levels in any of the plants I'm about to mention.

I want to grow:

Hashberry

* Type: mostly indica

* Contains land race genetics from: North India (Kashmir)

* Cultivation: indoor/outdoor (up to 45° latitude, balcony, greenhouse)

* Light: 400 W/m2

* Flowering Time: 60-65 days/September - 1. week October

* Yield: 400-450 gr/m2; 14-16 oz/sq. ft. (dry weight)

* High: the classic chill-out weed; an expansive indica stone with a powerful high that sets in with the first lungfull of smoke; the buzz is first light-headed and very balanced before switching to a stronger narcotic phase towards the end of your flight.

* Aroma: fruity-berry; blackcurrent jam; hashy

* Medical Use: Hashberry shows medical potential against anxiety and sleep disorders; it has calming effects for pain relief.

Purple Widow

Purple widow is the optimal outdoor cannabis plant. This purple giant grows to extreme heights and shows spectacular colours. Purple widow is a hybrid between Purple and White widow. For a purple variety purple widow is extremely strong, while this marijuana plant has the sweet taste of purple to cares your mouth.

* Type: Widow / Purple

* Optimal outdoor cannabis plant

* Outdoor Flowering Time: May/June to end of October

* Outdoor Yield: up to 400 gram per m²

* Height: 75 - 350 cm!

* Buzz: strong fresh high

* Taste/Smell: fresh & sweet

Belladonna

This mostly Skunk type Paradise Seeds strain is a real beauty, with very tight, compact orange buds. During the blossoming process she develops to maturity. Her temptings are of the kind you want to experience but be warned her tripping high is of a hallucinogenic nature. Sea of Green.

* Type: Sativa/Indica

* Flowering time: 60 days indoors. Outdoors middle of October (n.L.)

* Yield: 450-500 g per m2 indoors. Outdoors up to 600 g per plant

* Environment: Indoors. Outdoors between 55º n.L. and 55º s.L.

* Effect/Buzz: Trippy

* Smell/Taste: Fruity/ pungent

* THC: 15-18%

Mango

Mango was grown by KC by crossing KC33 and Mango, a plant that a hippy had been growing for 30 years and let KC use as a cross. A slow starter, her quick burst of growth of up to 3 metres will astonish you. Mango's buds are massive and weighty, growing up to 18 inches in length with an equally impressive circumference. Has a sweet mango smell and taste with an even, mellow body sensation stone.

High Times Indica Cup 3rd - 2002

* Strain: Indica

* Parentage: Mango & KC 33

* Planting: Indoor / Outdoor (temperate climates)

* Flowering: 42-63 days / end Sep (49-70 days)

* Yield: 150g / 800g per plant (indoor/outdoor)

I'm a reasonably heavy smoker when it comes to weed, If i have weed then its pretty much constant use. I love to trip, i use mushrooms every now and then. Which would be the ideal strain for me, considering that size shouldn't matter (It can be about 3.5m max), smell might be an issue, but probably not and that I want a decent yeild. I'm looking for cheap seeds too. The Purple Widow or Belladonna is the weed I'm looking at at the moment, I've got friends who've had Purple widow and have said it was great.

Does anyone know if KC Brains seeds are any good? They seem to be to cheap and decent to believe...

Thanks for all your answers, I hope to become a usual member of this site.

ActiveA.

Nah, I've had CC and it wasn't really my favorite bud.

I prefer Sativa with a touch of Indica, the only exception to this is Mango, I've had it once or twice and I loved everything about it. My friend who has pretty much the same tastes in weed as me tried the Mango and still said the Purple widow was better. My friend said Hashberry is good too, so I thought I'd add that to my list.

I know how to flavour weed etc, so the Mango taste is not overly an attractive feature, but I still enjoy it.

Out of the weed I've chosen, what would be the best to choose?

Thanks, AA.

Edited by ActiveA

given that you want to grow outdoors you should probably stay away from indica strains due to mould issues. if you can only check on the plants weekly around harvest time you could lose the vast majority of the crop to mould and since 50/50 or high sativa percentage strains have more airy buds they are less sussceptable to mould.

personally i think that you should aim for a 50/50 hybrid or something a little more sativa. you said you like a touch of indica so i would probably look at getting something like ak47, c99, most if not all of the widow family, etc. basically a strain that has been tried time and time again and given fantastic results. have a read over the strain guide and read the grower reports, NEVER TRUST A SEEDBANK!!! the descriptions they give are only for the one special plant they find out of a 100's and sometimes even 1000's of plants so dont believe a word they say. at best you can expect to grow plants that are simular to their description but take a couple of weeks longer to flower :) if you want the real information about a strain read the reports made by the people who paid money for the genetics, not those trying to make money from them :)

best of luck with your first grow :)

Yeah thanks.

I'm a bit ripped as i type this (Buhdda Bud is seriously some of the best weed I've ever smoked in my lifetime), but I'll try and talk right.

Price is a big thing for me, I'm pretty down in cash at the moment so basically i can't afford to buy amazing seeds like AK-47, as much as I'd fucking love to I can't because of the price.

Out of the Cannabis seeds I've seen so far and their prices, the ones I have above are the (Fucking hell...I'm coming down...) ones within my price range are the selection I'm thinking of choosing, I'm looking to spend about $50 on these seeds.

while im aware growing cannabis can be pretty expensive and that for people who are on low incomes spending a decent amount of money on genetics seems crazy, you really get what you pay for. if you want to spend $50 you might find a few strains which are ok, spend $100 and you'll get to pick from hundreds of more strains most of which will probably be way better than anything you'll get for $50...

you should also consider it an investment. if you smoke a 1/4 oz a week or even a month that'll set you back around a $100. but if you spend that $100 on seeds you will ensure yourself a decent supply of top grade buds that will shit over almost anything you can buy. then there is also the fact that if you get yourself a really good strain people will want to get it from you. I have seriously only paid for a single strain which was sensi seeds hash plant and over the years i have gone through 60 odd really good strains looking for a favourite. i paid $80 for that one pack of seeds and to be honest i have no clue how much all the genes i have grown is worth, but you can be damn sure i got more than my money's worth :)

Thats a really good point.

I just don't want to spend my hard earned cash of expensive seeds, then somehow kill them through me being a beginner. I'd prefer to start with something, then grow another better strain plants the season after.

I've heard stories about Belladonna and Purple Widow however, so the strains i mentions are not worth growing or what?

This is some great input, thanks heaps.

Thats a really good point.

I just don't want to spend my hard earned cash of expensive seeds, then somehow kill them through me being a beginner. I'd prefer to start with something, then grow another better strain plants the season after.

I've heard stories about Belladonna and Purple Widow however, so the strains i mentions are not worth growing or what?

This is some great input, thanks heaps.

Mate no matter what you choose or go with it is gonna be a good choice, I think the point they are trying to get accross is that if you cant afford one of the better strains atm maybe wait until you can...

but then there is also testing the waters to see if that particular seed bank can still get there product into australia... IMO id go with a $50 to start with and then look at getting a better one if they are sucessful..

Yeah thanks.

Question: I know that you're meant to plant the day after fathers day (As a rule of thumb kind of thing), do you mean they are planted from seed, or seedling? Or are they already semi veged plants that are being planted?

I think I'll get the Belladonna seeds, the link is:

http://www.high-land.co.uk/acatalog/paradise-seeds.html

Does anyone know if this site is any good? Anyone bought seeds from them before?

They have a great selection of seeds and I'll probably buy from them.