Hack Grower needs advice

Hey all, just found this website and after reading alot of threads im more confused than ever!!!!!

Ive only ever grown a cpl outdoor plants with a rather dissapointing outcome, I live in nth qld up near townsville and recently hatched a few babies from some bagseed. The story so far, had trouble getting my seeds to strike. Id put them in water for a few days, they would hatch and i then transplanted them into soil and none came up..... After a quite a few go's at this method i just threw some seeds under a leaking pipeline which the soil is constantly wet and waaalaaa a cpl came to life. One they were a cpl inches tall i transplanted them into a pot. Having heard of vegeing them under fluro's, i decided to try this. I have a shipping container which has no power but i run 12v fluro from a deepcycle battery, which only needs charging every 3 days. So at night i have them tucked in bed in the container and during the day i have the ability to put them out in the sun, so basically they are on a 24/0 light cycle. ( my theory more light = more grow=sooner to sample)

Points or interest

1. Of the 2 in the pots on has really taken off the other not so, yesterday i seperated them.

2. They really seem to thrive on the furo, i set the fluro about 1 to 1.5in from the plant and by morning its just about touching the fluro...impressive.

Advice needed

1. is the 24/0 veg time ok to do? and approx how big should i let them grow b4 i goto 12/12?? any rule of thumb? and being winter once veg is complete should i just leave them out or do a 12/12 in the container

2. I havent done any pruning/tipping/bending etc.... should i?

3. I basically been watering every 4 to 5 days with a bit of water and mirecal grow....is this ok?

4. When is sexing adviseable?

Any info would be greatly appreciated and i will even try and get some pics up if i can

cheers

Ayrguy

The 24/0 light cycle is fine for the plants while veging.

Depends how much space you have to work with as to how high you will want ot grow them. From what ive read you should flower them when they get to half the height you want, even less. But the pro's may correct me on this. I'm sure other people can help you out here

Gday 888.. They should be fine being on for 24hrs for vegging.. Ive got my baby's under a fluro on a 24hr light cycle at the moment awaiting the 1000w when there alittle bigger..

12/12 in or out..well i would probably do it in the container under the lights, being winter and all down here in the south..But being up there outside sounds good..As a rough guide they usually grow around half the hight of the plant at the flowering stage as samboo said ( did that make sense :bongon: )

Sexing..A few weeks after turning the lights to 12/12 they should show there sex..Usely the male plant will show sex first, then not long after the female should show sex too..

Correct me if im wrong :bongon: Im very stoned...

Hope this helps alittle..

Some pics would be good mate..

Cheers

Dallas

:bongon:

Edited by Dallas

Thanks for the reply fella's, ive taken the info on board. However on the size of the plant side of things, what would be the smallest size to try and bring the flowering on? I was told about a foot or so..... Im pretty keen to have a smoke of this gear, but dont want to rush it or have a plant with bugger all buds...Obviously the smaller the plant the less buds but I would be happy with 2 to 4 oz out of each one if i could. :bongon:

I suppose not havin a bit a gear for a cpl months has gotton me very keen to try this out, lucky for me im having a win tommorrow and this may mellow me out and happy to take a bit more time for a good result.

Being a closet smoker ie wife and family have no idea, i haventhad a chance to take any pics but hopefully this weekend i can get a few up...

cheers

starting from seed,i do not start flowering it until the plant is showing me its pre flowers. { 2 little white pistols coming out of a little pod }

i have found i see the pre flowers turn up on the plant, between 4-10 weeks of veg growth,

if the plant is getting to tall & big whilst i am waiting for pre flowers to show,i top,bend,train, the plant to keep it as small as i wont it to be :bongon:

in sea of green SOG, starting from clones, i put them into flowering as soon as they have a good root system, 3-10 days veg growth under a 400watt metal halide.

my clones are about 5-10 inch tall when i turn the lights to 12/12

maybe someone else can help you further :bongon:

starting from seed,i do not start flowering it until the plant is showing me its pre flowers. { 2 little white pistols coming out of a little pod }

i have found i see the pre flowers turn up on the plant, between 4-10 weeks of veg growth,

if the plant is getting to tall & big whilst i am waiting for pre flowers to show,i top,bend,train, the plant to keep it as small as i wont it to be :thumbdown:

in sea of green SOG, starting from clones, i put them into flowering as soon as they have a good root system, 3-10 days veg growth under a 400watt metal halide.

my clones are about 5-10 inch tall when i turn the lights to 12/12

maybe someone else can help you further ^_^

Thanks for that biggerbuds, I have just recently noticed that the preflowers are coming on. One plant is roughly 10 to 12in tall, the other seems to be a total lose, both were planted at the same time but one has always struggled, they were both in the same pot up until last week. Only now i have realised the seeds may be the reason, they were both bagseeds and could have easily been completely differnt seeds as i have been collecting for a while. From what i have read next week i might try the 12/12 on the preflowering one. Not sure if i should do the 12/12 indoors or set it out. At the moment the sunrise is 6.47am and set at 5.48pm........so is it ok to set them out or what?? Or is it WAY to small to start

Im trying to post some pics of them here, sorry about the quality, for the life of me i cannot find the camera so these are from my camera phone, once i discover the right cam i will repost them

post-16603-1215412041_thumb.jpg

post-16603-1215412101_thumb.jpg

Edited by ayrguy888

G'day All, I thought i might everyone an update on my first grow!!!! I turfed the little bugger wasnt growing at all, the pics below are of my girl lol I am pleased with her progress so far, i stopped the 24/0 under fluro's about 4 weeks ago and put her out in nature. I only just got her out of the pot yesterday and planted her in, with a bit of chook shit mixed in with the soil. I have also started as of yesterday adding some A + B which i intend on using every cpl days.

Now i just read in another post about outdoors this time of year that it may go back into veg? Will these bud come to anything or should i repot her and put her under lights again to keep her buddin or does the A+B keep her buddin?

anyhow any advice is appreciated

Oh and if anyone know was strain it is let me know too

cheers

post-16603-1219213329_thumb.jpg

post-16603-1219213380_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the update arguy, sorry I don't know whether they'll go back to veg or not. but great plants anyway! A+B should be flower nutes too and not the veg ones.

The A+B are flower nutes, a mate had some and gave me a bit...he reckons the buds will grow as big as your wrist with em!!!! Im not to sure of that but it will thickin them up...i hope

cheers