Rebadged bong to beat SA drug pipe ban

Rebadged bong to beat SA drug pipe ban

DOUG ROBERTSON

June 10, 2008 09:10am

AN Adelaide business is rebadging outlawed cannabis bongs to beat tough new laws making the sale of drug implements illegal.

Attorney-General Michael Atkinson and a reformed cannabis addict say they saw illegal bongs on sale at Off Ya Tree in Hindley St, but they were labelled water-pourers.

"I'm advised that re-naming drug-use products does not protect a retailer from being subject to the new drug paraphernalia laws," Mr Atkinson said. He said he had alerted police to Off Ya Tree's alleged sale of illegal items.

Former addict Ryan Hidden says he was offered a bong by staff about 2.45pm on Sunday – more than 14 hours after the sale of bongs became illegal – and again yesterday.

Mr Hidden says bongs in the store were advertised as "water-pourers" but they were simply bongs by another name.

Mr Hidden, 20, who co-founded the Reformed Drug Addicts League of SA volunteer group, said there was no doubt the "water-pourer" was a bong.

"There's no difference," he said. "They've just taken down the sign saying `bongs' and replaced it with one saying `water-pourers'. It was still a bottle with a stem, a cone piece and shotty hole (for releasing smoke) at the bottom."

Mr Hidden said he had beaten a five-year addiction to cannabis and had been campaigning against its use for more than a year.

He went to several tobacconists on Sunday and yesterday to check on compliance with the new laws, but Off Ya Tree was the only business offering "water-pourers" and other drugs paraphernalia for sale.

A spokesman for Off Ya Tree said yesterday the company no longer sold bongs.

"We don't actually sell bongs at all," he said, identifying himself as Ben. He said the company had no further comment.

Source: http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/

mr hidden should crawl back under his rock.. hes obviously some private skool jerk off.. i mean.. hes 20.. and addict for 5 years.. what he should be campaigning for is responsible drug use by those who are of legal age.. hes just some punk ass fucktard that cant handle his herb... FUCK off douch bag... go back to binge drinking.. and get hit by a fuckin truck.. please...

mr hidden should crawl back under his rock.. hes obviously some private skool jerk off.. i mean.. hes 20.. and addict for 5 years.. what he should be campaigning for is responsible drug use by those who are of legal age.. hes just some punk ass fucktard that cant handle his herb... FUCK off douch bag... go back to binge drinking.. and get hit by a fuckin truck.. please...

I was gearing up to say the same thing but SS said it so well I don't have to..... :wave:

mary jane addictive? huh? what a fucktard weed aint addictive and what the fuck does a 20 year old know about the world, would I trust the advice of a 20 year old heart surgeon fuck no. fuck this fucking fucker if i see him in the fucking street when i come back to radelaide im gonna punch him in the throat.

Well said all.

Poor ex addict Ryan deserves a good brain douching too..

perhaps the real motives behind him are "Hidden".

He's apparently a toy for Drug Free Australia.

http://www.drugfree.org.au/

He also spoke for this Recovered Drug Users League, in front of the commonwealth. (STANDING COMMITTEE ON FAMILY AND HUMAN SERVICES)

http://www.aph.gov.au/hansard/reps/commttee/R10161.pdf

Couple of snipys

Mr Hidden—

They go hand in hand quite often. I personally take the same approach to

alcohol, but that is because I now know I have got a central nervous system disorder and I

cannot drink, because I have attempted it and it sets me off. Unfortunately I fall straight back to

where I was emotionally, physically and mentally; I just cannot do it. I now take the same

approach to alcohol. I do not include it under the list of all other drugs but I do appreciate that

other people will not be of that same view. I have found that alcohol is just as bad as drugs and

that it often exacerbates the effects of drug use. Someone who becomes violent on their drugs,

when they combine that with alcohol, goes right off.

CHAIR—What did you do then? Did you stay with that drug or did you add to it?

Mr Hidden—The adding did not come for a long time. My behaviour was bad enough on

marijuana, but I drank as well, drank at parties and at home by myself as well. Adding the other

drugs came after I had been kicked out of home when I ended up living with a meth addict

whom I met through another friend who was going to my school at the time. She introduced me

to meth. I did not take it on straight away, because I thought my life was bad living out of home

and not seeing my parents and all of that type of stuff, feeling alone and isolated, but her life was

crap. I tried to make a vow to myself that I would not go there, but it happened anyway. It went

methamphetamine, ecstasy, I got into the rave scene. In this time I managed to convince my

parents that I was off the drugs and I went to a live-in rehabilitation provider. I would not call it

rehabilitation because there was really no attempt. It was an escape. It was based in the desert

miles away from anywhere and I tried to sneak out on several occasions but no-one would give

me a hitchhike. Everyone in the area knew where I was coming from. I stayed there for ten

weeks at a cost of $2,500.

Where he was treated with the anti-psychotic med Neulactil.

They also disprove the gateway cannabis theory with their own statement here -

Ms Bressington—Very few of them actually start on alcohol. Ninety-three per cent of our

clients started smoking cigarettes first and then they went on to marijuana. Alcohol was then

combined with marijuana and it was followed by amphetamines.

Opps! :thumbsup:

So it looks like the flavour of this douche is naive blameshifter.

Unfortunately, his next relapse will see him traveling interstate for his next bong.. and using a light bulb for his next ..

^_^