Accurate PH meter

Has anyone used these before?

post-16075-1213933750_thumb.jpg

yeah mate the are cheap and nasty , last about 3-6 months

i think they are the throw away hanna ? about $25-$50

i also have had a hanna http://www.geneq.ca/catalog/images/p/pocket_phmeter%20phep4-5.jpg, expensive and the tip lasted about 13 months , just out of warranty >__<

the replacemant tip was about $140 , i think i payed nearly $200 for it orinially

in my line of work we use WPW meters , i can put 3 next to each other and they will all read diffarent

and thats with brand new $200 dollars probes in the 3 of them

youll never get 2 x Ph meters to read the same thing ...

i use the eye dropper bottles , hassle free

as some one said earlier , you really have to calibrate them at least once a week

with 4 and 7 and keep them stored in electrolyte or calibration becomes impossible

i guess the question is how much do ya wanna spend on a reliable digital Ph meter , rather than an accurate digital ph Meter

i mean theres Lab type Ph meters and ya throw away ones , i guess your asking whats inbetween

but what sorta cash are ya talking ?

how much do you want to pay for probe replacemant ?

are you gunna store it and calibrate it every 4-8 days ?

i wasted good kanga on them fuggers when i was stratin out

get a roll of litmus paper or the eye dropper die test

itll save you money and head aches

Edited by Lucian

I just got new ph tester as I noticed my poor little young immigrants were getting sick and the reading on the old meter where changing drastically overnight. So I now have a new eutech, and I’m hoping my young new imports survive with a weak solution with some extra superthrive, now that there food is just right for them. My last tester was also eutech and it lasted over 4years Edited by janemary