Accurate PH meter

i have been pondering the same question lately....my research leads me to believe the Eutech digital Ph tester is very good, for instance it is sold by many different hydro shops...plus it has push button calibration..waterproof..etc... i would like someone on here to confirm this if possible............you can check 'em out here if you want.

...as for accurate and awesome nutrient meters/truncheons the bluelab truncheon is arguably the best hydroponic CF meter in the world!!...least thats what some claim..good rep..5 year guarantee...i just bought one :peace:..yay!!

Yea I've been using one of those Eutech ph meters for about 12 mths now and its never missed a beat, i love it .. i dunno how accurate it is cause ive got nothing to test it against but i can say it has been reliable and well made ..

same with most things you pay for what you get in terms of quality ... there is little double that Blulab make the very best truncheon ppm meter , i dont know much about thier ph meter though ...

ive also used that ph colour change shit for a couple of grows and that works fine but what a pain ...

:wave:

I'm on my second Blue Lab even though I still have the first one sitting in the cupboard. It only lasted 18 months before the glass probe started to give false readings, which was very frustrating, wouldn't calibrate, readings were starting to go way off. Replacing the probe is easy but the greedy Kiwi bastards want almost as much for a probe as they do for a whole meter. Blue Labs also need the contact ring replaced regularly every 3 months or so, or once again, false readings. Calibration is painful on them also, the fricken thing calibrates when it feels like it, dirty contact rings only add to the headache.

I can't wait for someone to invent a better pH meter so I can throw this thing as far as possible lol

When it's working properly it's great, but it must be maintained religously, and in reality has to be thrown away every 18 months :wave:

In our shop eutech are by far the favorite. They also produce a new one called the PCTestr this does e.c., temp and pH with temperature compensation. They retail for about $270 and are worth their weight in gold. Remember - a reading is only as accurate as the calibration.

These ones cooper?

post-16075-1213758160_thumb.jpg

hi ettin,

I use a hanna ph pen, they are very expensive, the thing with ph pens is that to retain accuracy they need to be calibrated regularly, as in at least once a month, you also need to get the proper storage solution, ph4 and ph 7 buffers, (you need the ph 4 for accurate calibration), and after you have done your readings and finished with the pen for that batch, they need to be swished around in ph 7, before you put the storage solution in the cap and put it on the pen, i use the hanna all the time for my job (winemaking) and as i said they are exxy but very good instruments.

cheers