HOW MUCH trim for butter?

I've mentioned this before somewhere, but I think I should probably make a thread dedicated to it.

By far the best, and most easiest instructions you'll get for making cannabutter, mega-bud butter, canna-olive oil and many fine meals with pot is to be found at the following address:

Chef Hans and Hans

These are professional chefs cooking with Cannabis. The stuff they make is amazing. The recipes for making all the stuff are amazingly quick and easy. AND WORK. I've tried them and OMMFG!

Good luck kids :thumbsup:

Would a pressure cooker make the fats of the butter absorb the thc faster? lol

Possibly lower cooking time AND cut down on smell...?? :devilred:

From my understanding,

the butter is the agent

the water is the lubricant

and the trim /buds is the subject

The Lubricant is constant

And the speed the butter can take on the THC / Cannabinoids,

is only relative to how fast the natural plant material can release them...

Which is Why the 'simmer on low heat for 2h' is the most common one because canna-cook's

know this process is the most effective when using very expensive or loved plant matter =)

and because High heats and pressure introduce more than just THC / Cannabinoids into the butter.

Cyclone

High heats and pressure introduce more than just THC / Cannabinoids into the butter.

Cyclone

Interesting point Cyclone...I don't know what else might be absorbed by the butter though...

I thought the point of a crock pot or pressure cooker was a lower temp could be used because

the pressure would aid in the thc absorbtion...2 hrs in pressure cooker as opposed to 4-8 hrs simmering...

.....any way, when I next make butter I will try a pressure cooker and post results...

peace out

muA

Has anyone tried water curing bud rather than air drying and jar curing in order to cook with? When you water cure, it removes alot of the chlorophyl and other nasties and leaves you with a less aromatic bud that smells and tastes far less than does air cured bud. Stands to reason that it would taste less when cooked, ya?

Has anyone tried water curing bud rather than air drying and jar curing in order to cook with? When you water cure, it removes alot of the chlorophyl and other nasties and leaves you with a less aromatic bud that smells and tastes far less than does air cured bud. Stands to reason that it would taste less when cooked, ya?

I have thought about it...theory being that the chloraphil....clorafil.....green shit will be leached away into the discarded water...

It leaves a dark soggy mess that must be dried before it can be used...but the thought HAD crossed my mind....will have to wait until I'ce got a oz to spare for the experiment.

Then there's also the process of carboxilization (spelling?) that happens over time to the bud, increasing the potency of the THC in the bud...15 mins in an oven at 80C-100C should take care of that.....

muA