HOW MUCH trim for butter?

Hey all, I don't think it'd be too hard to get a recipe for making butter out of pot trim, but I thought I'd ask those of you guys that do it for some concept first of what's the least you need for a practicle run.

Me and misses have always enjoyed eating grass more than smoking, except for the excruiatingly bad tatse.

We always just simmered the pot in water and added this to the biscuit mix, without sugar even. It tasted like the worst medicine,and seriously made ya gag. We had little children then, and becuase we made a hundred or so bickies at a time, then froze them, we didn;t want the kids accidently finding them while we weren't around, sneeking a biscuit and you know...

They tried eating this crap and they'd spit it out quicker than it went in, without doubt.

But I hear about the wonderfull tasting things you make out of cannbutter, and all my kiddies have grown, and I'd like to get back to eating it, and actually not feel sick for the first part of the buzz from the horrid tasting "food" it was in. Sure would stop nosey pete next door detecting us with his nose. Except from cooking time. if it smells the way we used to do it, phew...it rouses the supicions alone B).

Anyway I have a bag with an oz or maybe half that again. Just trim, mainly leaf. not bad leaf but from the way it looked when I trimmed it, which is why I don't want to throw it away. Lots of crystals, and a few small fluffies.

Or should I only use heads? That's what we used in the past, but I don't have that kind of amount to use these days. So i'm just basically wondering if it's worth the bother with such a small amount? I ought to have another oz or two of trim in a few weeks more...all going to plan of course.

What do you say? is it worth me going further at this point? I would like to get some to eat going. I suppose even as a practice for when I get a decent amount of better stuff might not be a bad idea. if possible at all...

cheers all

rob

Can't hurt to have a trial run Rob. B)

The simmer with full fat butter for a long time, strain, cool, collect off the top of water method works well.

Electric crock pot is good for this, on low, overnight. Cook with the harvested butter then ofc.

Got some olive oil done just as a simmer steep (real low heat, long time), seems ok too.

I like that nasty taste B)

Anyway you can try anything from chocolate to curry to mask it mate. Enjoy.

Hey Rob i have found doing a pre soak in hot tap with all the trim u are going to use will get rid of a good wack of the green taste u get with canna butter.

Just throw all ya trim in a big pot then fill with hot tap water and let sit until water goes cold dump all the green water refill bring to boil put in butter then bring down to a simmer and let simmer for at least 6 hours the longer the better as it will get more of the thc out of all the trim...

I like to use equal volumes (not weights) of butter and trim and water.

Simmer, covered, on the lowest heat you can for at least 3-4 hours, top up the water if you think it's evaporating off.

strain through several layers of cheesecloth into a plastic bowl and put in the fridge for several hours to harden, the 'water' will settle on the bottom.

empty it out of the plastic bowl into a colander/strainer and scrape off the icky looking layer that separates the butter and water.

I find that about 10g of butter is a good starting dose, so if the biscuit recipe uses 150g of butter, I'll divide the mix into 15 biscuits, that way I know exactly how much I'm eating each time.

Edited by DownUnderDoper

well what i have been doing of late is use only the material that i have already washed about 4-5 times through my hash bags

so what i do is get a shopping bags full of trim out the freezor and wash this through the bags getting majority of the hash out and then once im not getting too much then i wack that lot in a huge pot with about 4 sticks of butter (i have found that 4 sticks makes just enough to fill 2 x take away containers)

so while that is boiling away i start on the next shopping bag of trim, and again once that has gone through about 4-5 times then in it goes as well. In the end i have about 4 lots of trim simmering away, i leave this for a full day and maybe 2 if i have the time and then extract the butter from the trim.

i have found this the best way to go as i still get my hash to smoke and get a really good quality batch of butter to use

hope that helps

Cheerz B)

I'd probably go with a cream based white wine sauce for a "nice" dish, would probably erradicate/override most of the

flavour, although this is just a guess.

Sundried tomatoes, garlic, sweated onion & mushrooms, fresh green herbs of your choice would probably work well

with a basic pasta.

I mean, I think in most cases is, it'll taste like normal old shit until you make otherwise of it - it's not like you like eating ANY butter on its own, is it?

Would a pressure cooker make the fats of the butter absorb the thc faster? :D

Possibly lower cooking time AND cut down on smell...?? :peace:

What about soaking the pot...fully submerged...in tepid water for 2 or three

days...emptying the water every day?...and Then put in pressure cooker? :thumbsup:

This might remove the 'bad taste' and not leave you :D

muA