My outdoor garden....

That's what I thought too. Small amounts of light interrupting the dark cycle will slow flowering and if enough, stop it altogether, and move the plant back to vegging.... I've never actually seen a plant turn hermie because of growing outdoors and having small amounts of light interrupt it's dark cycle.... If that were so, then the amounts of light produced by a full moon in the middle of the flowering season would turn just about every mj plant growing outside hermie, and that just isn't what I've seen and heard.... I mean, a lot of people have said that plants can go hermie if interrupted, but has anyone positively traced it to that?

When a plant goes hermaphroditic, wouldn't that depend a lot more on the genes of that plant, and not the small amounts of interruption we're talking about? lol

So aussie, if I do interrupt the dark cycle with my incandescent, will I be able to slow down flowering enough to get a good root system on my "clone", before I have to harvest? The reason I ask is because the "clone" is about a meter tall, and I want to be sure that it can survive being removed from the mother....

umm, excuse me but my head is a little clowdy today :o

Let me get this right,,,..you have a plant in flower and want to take a large cutting from it...before harvesting? a meter tall clone? Thats just too big...

The more i read the more confused i become lol

Cant you just take a few cuttings (incase one doesnt make it) from your flowering plant, about 15cm long?

Hey Aussie_Smoker,

It's not a "clone", its an air layering.... lol Now, when I remove it from the mother plant, it will be a "clone", but the aim of the experiment was to see if I could get a larger "clone" from the motherplant thus reducing or eliminating the need for vegging..... When I started the layering she hadn't gone far into flowering, just the first few hairs coming up on the tips, but because she's indica dom, she's maturing too quick! (Normally I'd be ecstatic about this, but circumstances are strange....) (Oh, I just tried to post a rough paint pic of the plant, to show you what I mean, but it won't let me upload a paint bmp? Do you know how to get around this?) I could take clones, and before I made this air-layering I had taken three clones of this particular plant, but because I am restricted to outside, the clones are all flowering too young!

So, is there much that I can do? Should I just wait another week, then remove the "clone" and insert her into a DWC bubbler? Maybe that will help with the shock of transplant.... Or maybe I should wait until harvest, take of the flowers and trim down the growth after the layer to just a couple of nodes, then transplant an re-veg? I'm a little unsure about this.....

OK, firstly, to show my ignorance...wtf is air layering?

You cannot upload a bmp, only jpeg. You just have to open the image and resave it in jpg format, then u should b able to post your image.

I imagine at this time of year, everything outside will be flowering-or nearly finnished, can you put your clones inside under a few fluros? that will stop em from flowering.

Can you TRY explain the air layering ? i have hinestly never heard of it lol

would I be able to cut her down to the lowest nodes, then re-veg her under lights indoors?  Are there any tips you guys may have for regenerating an indica dom plant?  I've heard they can be tricky?

Regenerating is simply not worth the time and effort, your much better off taking a few clones, veging them for a few weeks then flowering them.

Also, its not recommended to take cuttings more than 25cm long,.. its too much for the plant to take root. I cannot remember where i got that info,..but it made sence at the time. lol

i've done this with other plants before up to and over 5 foot long and 1 inch thick .and well your having a try so your gona see if it works or not but i cant see why not caus you can get a really good root system with that method and if you think you have a reason to do it go for it i say.happy herb.