Motherfucking Timers

Greetings Folks :)

Just to break with tradition, i decided to check my grow cab at an unusual time, and found that my light was still on, dammit. :wacko:

I've tried both Kambrook and HPM timers, and both have failed me in the past. Anyway, does anyone know of any better ones that might be a bit better constructed, and if so, what type are they?

Thanks in advance. ;)

:blink:

hey indy

the ones that stuffed up were they digital timers or just ya dail ones

i use all digital timers after going through 5 timers in 1 grow :wacko: ya would think after 2 i would have got the picture and got decent ones

i will take a pic of the 2 differant brands i use and put them up later tonight

cheerz :blink:

Cheers People's ;)

Thanks for the tips so far. Still like to know if others have anymore other idea's. These one's I have are from bunnings Naycha, and to be honest. I'm a lil' dubious of purchasing any other electrical gear from them again. Even though the one you have there, looks quite good. ;)

Anyway, the type that have let me down in the past are very similar to this one.

post-10745-1208920941_thumb.jpg

They actually come in a twin pack 'n really weren't worth the trouble. I've had 2 of them, melt the timing gearing inside them, it appears that the power drawn thru them generates a lot of heat which in turn melts the gearing. But i 've had others die for no apparent reason. :blink:

I tried looking for a pic of the dodgy kambrook one that let me down, but doesn't appear to be any on the net. Bugga of a thing didn't do 72 hours (3 days) of work, before it died. :)

:wacko:

Your possibly going to hate me for saying this but I us a cheap arlec timer that you have to put little gray and white pins into. Think it cost about $10 but I would have bought it 4-5 years ago and it hasn't missed a beat. I only use 1 400w light though. Hope you find something good Indy. :blink:

Greetings Folks :)

Just to break with tradition, i decided to check my grow cab at an unusual time, and found that my light was still on, dammit. :wacko:

I've tried both Kambrook and HPM timers, and both have failed me in the past. Anyway, does anyone know of any better ones that might be a bit better constructed, and if so, what type are they?

Thanks in advance. ;)

:blink:

I haven't started my grow cabinet yet but I am getting the stuff together slowly. I will be using a commercial type timer, they are used in the commercial refrigeration industry. It is rated at 16 amps so there will be no problems with terminals over heating. Not cheap but very reliable, you will have to be adept at wiring them up but it is not hard and they are very simple to set up the on and off times. Companies that stock them and other brands are Heatcraft, BOC Gases, Airefrig and Actrol you can find them in the yellow pages. Hope I can attach the photos ok.

post-15335-1208929761_thumb.jpg

I haven't started my grow cabinet yet but I am getting the stuff together slowly. I will be using a commercial type timer, they are used in the commercial refrigeration industry. It is rated at 16 amps so there will be no problems with terminals over heating. Not cheap but very reliable, you will have to be adept at wiring them up but it is not hard and they are very simple to set up the on and off times. Companies that stock them and other brands are Heatcraft, BOC Gases, Airefrig and Actrol you can find them in the yellow pages. Hope I can attach the photos ok.

Forgot to add the brand name. (And I haven't had a toke today) Brand name theben model THE64B