plant height to pot size

WDC, or anyone for that matter.

I'm also using coco for my grow and was wondering a pot size, will vege for 5/6 weeks and flower for the rest. What does a 40L pot equate to in millimeters? As i went to bunnings the other day and they only have pots measured in diameter.

cheers

Australian sizes are crap imo... people like to know how much it can hold..

Volume can vary depending on shape etc.

In answer to how much 40litres = mm, I bought a square self watering pot from bunnings just the other day, its 425mm and it holds around 40litres give or take a litre. I checked by taping up the drainage hole and filling the sucker up.

Round pots naturally hold less water in the same size, so 40L in a round pot, your probably looking at around a 450+mm pot.

Hope that helps samboo.

Wrangler.

ya i was getiing in trouble with roots and pots so im trying out those ong tray pots bunnings sells them2.

Its 600mm long and 180mm high wich shud fit 2 easy even 3 plants, the roots grow all along the bottom ..chek out buffo's grow near the end he using them he recommends 2 weeks veg and then flower but i guess 2 plants yu cud veg longer

There are so many ways to grow :smoke:

How long you veg for, how big the pots are, how much light is available, the type of medium the roots are in all determine how long to veg.

If your happy using a smaller pot to flower in, as soon as the clone is rooted and looks like it has started to grow, say about a week, it can be flipped into flower. The main thing that needs to be done from that point in time is to MAINTAIN A HEALTHY ROOTZONE. If that can be achieved big fat smelly buds will follow.

Small pots need; * Regular(once every 2 weeks) flushing

* A dedicated gardener to water them. The roots need to just dry out so Oxygen can be drawn into the

rootzone and then watered with the right amount of water and nutes at the right time. This will vary during

flowering

* Possibly a root trim around week 4 of flower. Contrary to what people believe the roots do continue to grow

and replenish during flowering, having a cramped space is always going to be a battle keeping the roots

clean and healthy.

There are so many ways to grow :smoke:

How long you veg for, how big the pots are, how much light is available, the type of medium the roots are in all determine how long to veg.

If your happy using a smaller pot to flower in, as soon as the clone is rooted and looks like it has started to grow, say about a week, it can be flipped into flower. The main thing that needs to be done from that point in time is to MAINTAIN A HEALTHY ROOTZONE. If that can be achieved big fat smelly buds will follow.

Small pots need; * Regular(once every 2 weeks) flushing

* A dedicated gardener to water them. The roots need to just dry out so Oxygen can be drawn into the

rootzone and then watered with the right amount of water and nutes at the right time. This will vary during

flowering

* Possibly a root trim around week 4 of flower. Contrary to what people believe the roots do continue to grow

and replenish during flowering, having a cramped space is always going to be a battle keeping the roots

clean and healthy.

when you say root trim bufo do mean simular to that which is done to bonsai mums ?

when you say root trim bufo do mean simular to that which is done to bonsai mums ?

Yes. See the tangled mass of stinky roots here. Unflushable, stagnant and starting to rot.

post-11113-1223816454_thumb.jpg

post-11113-1223816597_thumb.jpgThose roots came from that self watering pot. Even with the extra height the roots headed straight for the legs in the water :thumbdown:

post-11113-1223816708_thumb.jpgTo get around this problem I've tried an airstone to splash water around. Even in the smaller pot the roots stayed healthier longer.

post-11113-1223817417_thumb.jpg Still finished alright after recieving a root trim.

post-11113-1223816909_thumb.jpgThese trays are great because the roots run all along the bottom. By the time they get too knotted up the plants have finished flowering.

post-11113-1223817528_thumb.jpgFlushing regularly is important.

Yes. See the tangled mass of stinky roots here. Unflushable, stagnant and starting to rot.

post-11113-1223816454_thumb.jpg

post-11113-1223816597_thumb.jpgThose roots came from that self watering pot. Even with the extra height the roots headed straight for the legs in the water :thumbdown:

post-11113-1223816708_thumb.jpgTo get around this problem I've tried an airstone to splash water around. Even in the smaller pot the roots stayed healthier longer.

post-11113-1223817417_thumb.jpg Still finished alright after recieving a root trim.

post-11113-1223816909_thumb.jpgThese trays are great because the roots run all along the bottom. By the time they get too knotted up the plants have finished flowering.

post-11113-1223817528_thumb.jpgFlushing regularly is important.

your last and 2nd last pic are my fave pics iv seen on this site.. i have no idea why but they just look so good :xcited: