once i see growth slow

vege her the best u can under the conversion bulb

as fluoro will take forever man

u will pull 3 to 5 oz easy from her

but try and get the roots big man in 400mm pot

thats the way i ilke to work with this strain

all the best

bil

a pot that size can keep a plant alive for a good 3-4 months, but it will pretty much stop the rapid growth and slow to a crawl after about 5 weeks so vegging for any longer is really only good if you need to keep the plant as a mother :blink:

I have always grown out doors and will be starting my first indoor grow within the next two months. So what you are saying is with a pot that size veg it for 5 weeks then start flowering? What is the lighting time required for veging? I will be starting off with two 4' fluros then going to a 400w hid. Will put photos of my grow box in here as soon as I have got my act together. Will be starting with bag seed so if I bugger it up it won't matter too much. It will be in my garage not in the house.

Thanks

I have always grown out doors and will be starting my first indoor grow within the next two months. So what you are saying is with a pot that size veg it for 5 weeks then start flowering? What is the lighting time required for veging? I will be starting off with two 4' fluros then going to a 400w hid. Will put photos of my grow box in here as soon as I have got my act together. Will be starting with bag seed so if I bugger it up it won't matter too much. It will be in my garage not in the house.

Thanks

Forgot to add I will be growing in organic dirt.

what im saying is that it will continue to remain in vege, but growth will slow to a crawl once the plant is rootbound which from my experience happens around week 5 of vege. after that it is pretty much a waste of time keeping the plant alive or flowering it because it will be totally rootbound and it will simply be a waste of your time :blink: it is ok for mother plants in some cases, but i would recommend that you take cuttings to replace the mother plants before it gets rootbound...

mrsmokey, a mother can live for years, unfortunately though its all a matter of genetics so some strains might stop growing after 6ft or so regardless of how good your garden is. like i said before i recommend replacing the mothers before the plants get rootbound or if there is no chance of that happening i think they should be replaced every 3 months or so anyway :peace:

what im saying is that it will continue to remain in vege, but growth will slow to a crawl once the plant is rootbound which from my experience happens around week 5 of vege. after that it is pretty much a waste of time keeping the plant alive or flowering it because it will be totally rootbound and it will simply be a waste of your time :blink: it is ok for mother plants in some cases, but i would recommend that you take cuttings to replace the mother plants before it gets rootbound...

mrsmokey, a mother can live for years, unfortunately though its all a matter of genetics so some strains might stop growing after 6ft or so regardless of how good your garden is. like i said before i recommend replacing the mothers before the plants get rootbound or if there is no chance of that happening i think they should be replaced every 3 months or so anyway :peace:

Thanks WDC. The curve just took another step up. What minimum size would you recomend?