outdoor smell

Hey all.

I have a Big Bud lady in coco that I have just reveged to get some decent clones off her. She is looking so good now, that I'm thinking of chucking her outdoors just to see how she goes? I know its about the right time to do so, maybe too late but hey...

Missus is against outdoors for obvious reasons and I live in a built up area too.

My question is this... How bad will this bugger smell if flowered outdoors? Is it that noticeable that my neighbour could be curious, and dob me in, causing descovery of my little indoor setup?

Cheers

unfortunately marijuana doesnt release odour in bursts that could be disipated in the air almost instantly lol instead it constantly releases odour so it gets a chance to build up unless you live in an extremely windy area and even then its fairly easy to smell out a plant if the wind is blowing in your direction :bangin:

Yeah, complitely agree with that. I had one outdoor this year, and when the wind was coming from right direction, I could smell that on my drive way, and the plant was at the backyard 15 meters away. And if there was only a light breeze, smell got even stronger. I'm sure my neighbours both smelled it, but they both know we smoke as well and don't cause any trouble so they are ok with that. We smoke so much out the back that it would be impossible for them NOT to smell the smoke all the time as well lol

this may be a stupid question but is it even very likely that someone will be hanging clothes on their line and think "hmmm... is that weed i smell?" i've never grown so i wouldn't know what a plant smelt like before being smoked.

Well a few weeks ago, when I was hanging out some laundry funnily enough, I could have sworn I could smell a grow!

I don't know if it was just my imagination or not, but I had the BIGGEST smirk on my face and was thinking that it feels good to know I'm not the only one in the immediate area that's growing! :scratchin:

:sleepyhead:

~Rose.

The smell is more obvius on hot days than cool ones. In the bush, a plot of say a half dozen decent sized flowering plants can be smelled quiet some distance.

But I agree with Gee. It's kinda like being nude. I mean no-one wants to be seen nude around the house as you walk past the windows, but it comes down to this..either they like what they see and it's no problem, or they don't like it and look away.

Does that makes sense?

No I bet it doesn't.

OK, I know what it smells like, you know what it smells like, but someone who is likely to dob you most likely isnt going to pick it.

On the other hand, i wouldn't grow in the backyard if you paid me it's weight in gold. Not if I had a decent option.

I'm playing with a grenhouse few ATM, and that's emmiting enough odor when I brush against it to get me worried, so there you go...clear as mud hey.

rob

PS. There has just appeared to me a problem I never considered before. ....I know what it smells like, you know what it smells like, but someone likely to dob you probably doesn't know what it smells like...but there's one more peson I didn't consider. The ripper.

HE knows what it smells like, and if one in a thousnd chance HE smells it, not just willyou loose the plant, but HE might start wondering what's in ya house too...

In Nth NSw at one stage, so many home invasions were related to thugs mugging people like you and I for their home grown, the police set up a task force to protect growers in a sense. There are people around that if they knew you were growing in your house, it wouldnt ever be safe again. More dangerous than if a nosey neighbor were to find out .

Something worth weighing up.

rob