12/12 and stress

i have two females in 2nd week of 1212 now i have broke a main branch yesterday and was just wondering what the chances are of my plant being a hermaphadite. also the plant is very tall now and i may have to tie it down in a week or two so it dose not get to close to the hps i talked to my friend about this and he told me not to tie the plant down during 12/12 or it could cause too much stress and possibley turn into a hermaphadite not shure what to do about how tall my plant is just want to know if anyone ties theres down during the 12/12 or if any one has any better ideas for me thanks for all of your help .

first off your friend doesnt know a thing about growing...tying a plant down while flowering will stress the plant and all, but there is zero chance of it going hermie as a result of giving it some bondage. the worst thing that will happen is you'll even the canopy out and get an increased yield from being able to get the light closer to the lower buds >:(

as for the broken main cola, unless you turned it into a clone or tied it back in place its gone for good. losing it wont turn the plant hermie either, it will instead promote the lower branches to grow up as the plant cant get any bigger from the main growing shoot lol

imo

hermaphadite's are caused by keeping the pure males away from the pure females and there for no fertlization can occure

if i do that to the same strain for more than 3 generations i get more and more hermaphadites

this sensi practice solidifies the hermaphadite geens in the strain

so

every 4th generation i allow the females access to pure male pollen

and the 5th gen grow is back to sensi management practices

pure male plant = strictly male plant with no sign of female budz on him

all balls

lol

irey

guidance

hermaphadite's are caused by keeping the pure males away from the pure females and there for no fertlization can occure

if i do that to the same strain for more than 3 generations i get more and more hermaphadites

that sounds logical and fits in with other stuff i've read. for example the all female prison in ancient greece was on the isle of lesbos. after a while certain of the women started taking on traditional male characteristics and basically started acting like men...including sexually. this is where our word lesbian comes from origionally....the isle of lesbos..lesbians.

the same can be seen in modern single gender gaols nowadays where some of the men take on female attitudes including being the passive partner during male to male sex.

if you have a chook pen (hen house) with no rooster sometimes one of the chooks will start acting like a rooster....even to the point of crowing and trying to copulate with the other chooks. lol

i believe a balance between male and female is optimum..for all species humans,chickens and cannabis included.

our method of only growing female cannabis plants would seem to me to be partially the cause for getting hermies...as you have stated Radic...though ive never read it elsewhere..it sounds right.

there is debate as to whether stressing a plant will cause it to become male...or that the gender is already pre-detirmined from seed. i tend to think that there is a genetic pre disposition to a plant being male or female but environemtal factors can cause the plant to change its mind..ie stress will turn a plant male and may also increase the probability of it being a hermaphrodite.

there is debate as to whether stressing a plant will cause it to become male...or that the gender is already pre-detirmined from seed. i tend to think that there is a genetic pre disposition to a plant being male or female but environemtal factors can cause the plant to change its mind..ie stress will turn a plant male and may also increase the probability of it being a hermaphrodite.

seen

gota love every word

IME

starts wid genitics

and it all increases hermaphrodite with each generation

stress is a factor

seen

with each gen

the hermaphrodite qualities increase

till a pure male satisfies her sole

then she is back to her old self

hafe love dat

kool reasoning man

mysticman

mother nature is a beauitfull partner ina dis here

gaia dance

awwa bless

guidance and protection

the sex of a plant is determined when the pollen from a male entered a female flower to make a seed. after that its all down to environmental conditions and the age of the plant being grown as to wether it goes hermie or not. environmental factors are mainly due to light, eg. having light leaks when the plants are meant to be sleeping or having the light cycle on 6/6/6/6, etc.

imo the age of the plant has alot to do with the plant turning hermie later in life as well, but i think its just the plant trying to end it's life because it has been grown for much longer than it would have in the wild. outdoor plants are usually only grown for one season and then harvested, indoor plants can be kept alive for 10 years or even longer. the plants know that once seeded they'll focus all their energy on the next generation and then die off which just so happens to be the goal of any living thing so if we are preventing that from happening, they'll try and make it happen as they wont just be old for a plant, they'd be acient lol

the sex of a plant is determined when the pollen from a male entered a female flower to make a seed.

true

50% geens from male and 50% geens from the female

after that its all down to environmental conditions and the age of the plant being grown as to wether it goes hermie or not

seen

the hermaphrodite geen is a netigive trate which is sub domonate till enviromental factors awaken them

the age of the plant has alot to do with the plant turning hermie later in life

seen

the geens that controle that can vary eg dominate or sub dominate within strains so those factors can be bred in or out of a strain over several generations

even the netigive hermaphrodite geen can be stregthened each generation by inbreeding

inbreeding stregthen negitive trates

seen

now hear diss

male flower pollinating a female flower from the same plant is inbreeding

seen

so with each generation grown from seed the hermaphrodite geen get stronger till the strain is unusuable

seen

once seeded they'll focus all their energy on the next generation and then die off

seen

cannabis is an annual

the best i hav got is 3 seasions from 1 plant

and both the quality and quanity deminished each harvest

thats how they classifie an annual

indoor plants can be kept alive for 10 years or even longer

i wish

:whistle:

that would be kool

but

i have never seen this

and not from lack of trying

like i said 3 seasons is me tops

and i didnt like the results

even with clone mothers

after 3 seasions or 18mths max

she will tire out and not produce vigorous clones

these are common trates of most annual or bi-annual plants

while all strains will lose heaps of vigor over time, it is possible to keep a strain alive for 10 years. infact there is a white rhino cut that has done the rounds and even after 8 years of being alive still produces a decent yield and the buds areawesome. i grew that rhino as my first strain indoors and love it so much that after i lost it recently im hoping to get it back even though i have strains growing that are higher yielding, faster growing and more potent. its all about the flavour of the buds and the high they produce and while that white rhino has lost alot of those qualities over the years, its still by far one of my favourite strains :whistle:

irey congratz

wooow

same mother plant alive for 9years

that is incredibal

nuff raspect

wdc rulez

seen

yo

i am not saying it is not possible

just cause i have not succeded

it should be possible

and you did it

wicked

seen

those are the problems i hav struck in my endevers

1 usually giv up after 3 seasons

and refresh from seed

because of lack of viggor

and that is what is recomended by most hourticulturests

as a standad for annuals

do u hav any pix????

i would love to see her

is there a thread happin for her somewhere????

we hafe cellebrate her 10th bday

seen

she is our Queen

1 more time

chronic rulez