What a way to get busted

Hi there,

well i got busted yesterday....

To cut a long story short.....apparently, my neighbours house was being broken into, and some old duck over the road called the police.....

before i knew it there was 4 police cars, and i sniffer dog out the front of our houses.

the next thing i knew there was 2 cops jumping my back fence as they thought the buglar was hiding in my yard.....

they found me in the my backyard and thought i was the burglar....... they told me to lie on the ground etc, until more pigs came.......at this stage they hadnt found my plants as its a large yard.......

i told them i live here, so they wanted to see my ID etc....... they still didnt believe me at this point as were rather rude and arrogant........during this time the noisey pigs were going through my whole yard then found the plants........Bummer....

They got 2 nice 6foot plants about 2 weeks away from maturity......

The burglar ended up getting away, but they got my plants.....

the were nice in the end and thought it was quite funny, the way that they busted me...

my next questions is this,,,,,will it be safe to grow here again next year ? being that they were not called out to my house to bust me, they just happend to stumble across the plants by accident.....

will they do a follow up raid next year on my house because they found plants here by accident, or would they need a valid reason to come back next year, like being reported by a neighbour ?

i feel so low today, as they were really nice plants and so close to harvest.....

cheers,

Jas

Edited by jasonwr6000

Where I live they could be back in 3 months. they would almost certainly be back in 12 months on head time, sorry.

I was busted in a similar way.

I was lucky to escape arrest but.

I had a crop in a spot I'd grown for three years. I had several deep int he bush, and one just 50 meters from my house. I lived in alarge padock with no neighbors for miles. A large button bush grew at the base of a Bunya tree, and I hacked the middle of it out. Button bush is so sharp and hurty it's used to fence cattle even. I had 8 plants 9 feet tall in the patch, resin running down the stems like honey. they should have been picked that day but I figired being a sunny shiney day I'd leave them until arvo, so the sun would give them one more day making oozing oil.

A light plane so high I didn't pay attention flew directly over the plants, it cut it's motor and free gluided down circling. It had to drop under the height of the trees in a near by paddock and nearly dragged it's wing int he dirt circling the crop. It was so low and sop close, I was fillingm y car's oil when it happened and my wife and I dived for cover thinkingit was going to crash land at our feet. It started the motor, waved to us and left, continueing on the original route.

I burned what would have been 5 pounds that night. The driveway into my place was long and only one way in. My car had broken down and my daughter was visiting for ther first time after I had lost custody, I didn't want her there while I was busted.

The way it happewned I think another plane must have seen it, it was way too high to have seen them, and it appeared to have done the job by compass or something.

My point is though I think many people getbusted by simple thingas like this. I knew a bloke busted in a very similar way to you. The cops jumped his fence chasing a prowler, and landed right in his patch.

I wish you all the best, but I'd refrain from growing there for at least a year. I hope I'm wrong.

I know how much this hurts.

rob

Hey man, sorry.

If you lived in Canada they would have to give you back your plants because they are not allowed into your property without your permission; however, if there is evidence that someone is in immediate danger in your house, or on your property, they may enter without permision.

I was reading about how the cops were forced to give someones pot back when that happened here.

Just a question , you said you got busted but didn't say if you were charged, also I find it interesting that the pigs actually had a sniffer dog with them, I know over here in the west It is highly unusual to have a sniffer dog ready to go, unless they are actually looking for drugs. Having said this I do not know how the other states operate