WA Lib Leader smoked mj

Party boy Troy Buswell smoked marijuana

Article from: PerthNow

Joe Spagnolo

February 16, 2008 04:00pm

LIBERAL leader Troy Buswell has confessed he briefly experimented with marijuana while a student at university and in his early working years.

In an interview with The Sunday Times, Mr Buswell, 41, said he smoked the drug several times over a two-to-three-year period more than 20 years ago.

Possession of marijuana was a criminal offence in WA in the 1980s when Mr Buswell studied economics at the University of WA.

He said knowing that he could end up in jail was a major factor in his decision to stop smoking the drug.

"It is true that 20 years ago in my younger days I did experiment on a couple of occasions with marijuana,'' he said. ``Two to three times over a couple of years.

"It was late during my university years and in my early working life and I haven't touched it since.

"I can't remember much about it. I don't remember how it made me feel.

"But can I say this: There were two reasons it was only ever an experiment.

"Firstly, I didn't like it. And, secondly, society at that time sent me a very clear message that it was illegal and inappropriate.

"Young people these days are not being sent this message by the Labor Government.''

Mr Buswell volunteered his own experiences when discussing his views on WA's drug laws.

He was candid, despite any fuss it might generate for the Vasse MLA, who got a "party boy'' tag over his misadventures at Parliament House last October, when, under the influence of alcohol, he unclipped the bra strap of a Labor staffer.

Labor is in the process of toughening up WA's drug laws, but people caught with small amounts of the drug -- up to 15g -- will continue to not be charged with an offence and will get away with paying a small fine and attending an education session.

Mr Buswell argued that after receiving one infringement notice, repeat drug offenders should be brought before the courts.

He is also concerned with figures which show thousands of cannabis offenders are not even paying their fines.

He said young people in WA no longer saw smoking marijuana as a serious offence.

"There was a time in this state when there was a clear message to people that smoking marijuana was not OK, that it was illegal and not socially acceptable,'' Mr Buswell said.

"What we need in this state is a tougher drugs policy to deter people.''

Health Minister Jim McGinty said police had the discretion to charge repeat offenders.

He said jailing people for small drug offences did not reduce the incidence of drug taking.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21...220-948,00.html

What a , ... what's the word i'm looking for ? ,.... oh yeah , FUCKWIT , the IDIOT contradicts himself , several times , typical Liberal/National braying moron , why do only little snivelling lying weasels whom we used to pulverize at school end up as politicians ? its got me beat , oh no it doesn't , thats right I never followed this path because I'm not into sucking cock. :) Edited by Jess Stone

Another constructive post there Jess - why is it necessary to call him a "FUCKWIT"? How does that help the debate or lend our side an image of maturity and responsibility? It's disappointing to see this coming from you once again.

Another constructive post there Jess - why is it necessary to call him a "FUCKWIT"? How does that help the debate or lend our side an image of maturity and responsibility? It's disappointing to see this coming from you once again.

Sorry Jess I have to agree with Niall. For anything positive to come out of the pro legalisation movement in what is now a climate of fear and loathing I think its important to enter into constructive dialog and recognise that:

1) The community at large is made up of many many differing people with many many differing opinions

2) That those opinions need to be respected and challenged with intelligent debate - attacking the opinions of those who hold the power with verabl abuse can only prove counterproductive - I.e. They have the power and we don't. Pissing them off even further can only damage the legalisation movement

3) Claims that cannabis causes psychosis are only compounded further when cannabis users hurl abuse :)

No offence Jess. I know the hysteria that has been proliferated through press of late angers me off also.

I would think what he's saying is straight forward. Tough laws dissuaded me from experimenting further. We do not support liberal laws even though we are liberals if you take my point.

Wake up and smell the coffee you two , they don't give a fuck about you , this lying shill fuckwit is a hypocrite because he has extensively smoked MJ and the CUNT does remember what effect it had on him and does know its a harmless herb yet is happy to make legislation locking the both of you up for half of your lives yet you naively think I should be polite to CUNTS who would lock you in gaol for using/growin/selling cannabis .

Until the whole world stops deluding themselves and realise how manipulated they and their opinions are the is NO HOPE of cannabis RELEGALIZATION ,it is not going to happen so stop kidding yourselves with hippy dreams of a fair and equitable world because its NEVER going to happen , it has NEVER ever been that way (fair) so seen I'm not calling either of you two names and seen how there should be little chance that a debate would occur over this issue (not my swearing) on this site , at least thats what it should be like as this is a PRO-CANNABIS site and I can't imagine why people who don't use cannabis and don't believe it should be relegalized would be coming here just to debate us , your kidding yourselves if you think so so in conclusion I don't give a flying fuck what you two think of my opinions and my usual daily conversational vernacular , the CUNT IS A FUCKWIT as are 99.9% of politicians. :)

Edited by Jess Stone

Wake up and smell the coffee you two , they don't give a fuck about you , this lying shill fuckwit is a hypocrite because he has extensively smoked MJ and the CUNT does remember what effect it had on him and does know its a harmless herb yet is happy to make legislation locking the both of you up for half of your lives yet you naively think I should be polite to CUNTS who would lock you in gaol for using/growin/selling cannabis .

Until the whole world stops deluding themselves and realise how manipulated they and their opinions are the is NO HOPE of cannabis RELEGALIZATION ,it is not going to happen so stop kidding yourselves with hippy dreams of a fair and equitable world because its NEVER going to happen , it has NEVER ever been that way (fair) so seen I'm not calling either of you two names and seen how there should be little chance that a debate would occur over this issue (not my swearing) on this site , at least thats what it should be like as this is a PRO-CANNABIS site and I can't imagine why people who don't use cannabis and don't believe it should be relegalized would be coming here just to debate us , your kidding yourselves if you think so so in conclusion I don't give a flying fuck what you two think of my opinions and my usual daily conversational vernacular , the CUNT IS A FUCKWIT as are 99.9% of politicians. :)

^_^ I don't think cannabis will ever be legalised Jess. Quite the opposite is true!! Laws will only get tougher if history is anything to go by. So, I'm neither a dreamer nor a hippy. Only a dreamer would believe now given everything that has happened in the past decade that mj will ever be legalised. The legalisation movement has been smashed by those who have the real power while most of the movement sat on their arses and whined :)

Sorry Jess I have to agree with Niall. For anything positive to come out of the pro legalisation movement in what is now a climate of fear and loathing I think its important to enter into constructive dialog and recognise that:

1) The community at large is made up of many many differing people with many many differing opinions

2) That those opinions need to be respected and challenged with intelligent debate - attacking the opinions of those who hold the power with verabl abuse can only prove counterproductive - I.e. They have the power and we don't. Pissing them off even further can only damage the legalisation movement

3) Claims that cannabis causes psychosis are only compounded further when cannabis users hurl abuse :)

No offence Jess. I know the hysteria that has been proliferated through press of late angers me off also.

I would think what he's saying is straight forward. Tough laws dissuaded me from experimenting further. We do not support liberal laws even though we are liberals if you take my point.

yeah I'm with you Jess.

I've seen niall give people lectures on how to achieve cannabis law reform for years and have always disliked him for that. He knows more than all of us put together mate. In fact, he knows so much he has a website devoted to cannabis law reform thats not even open to the public. ^_^

there is a time and place for everything. And this is the place we can come together, share our knowledge, and vent. If you feel you need to do something about changing the mind of polititions and the general public do it someplace else, cause they ain't here.

I don't know a lot about the politics of this site... neither am I too interested in politics. I'm a bit confused - is this a forum where all opinions can be shared or just the opinions of people who agree with one another? Protocol at most sites is not to throw abuse when you don't agree with what is said.

I don't know a lot about the politics of this site... neither am I too interested in politics. I'm a bit confused - is this a forum where all opinions can be shared or just the opinions of people who agree with one another? Protocol at most sites is not to throw abuse when you don't agree with what is said.

So what are you saying mullray? Are you implying I am stiffling your or nialls opinions ? or are you defending my right to my opinion ?

Because my take on your affirmation of nialls post criticizing my vernacular is that the both of you are attacking the messenger and not the message as the criticism seems to be that I call politicians fuckwits , but not a criticism of my criticism that this politician is a HYPOCRITE ?

I fail to see how I abused or flamed either of you , my criticism was directed at this shill politician , are we all not in agreement here at OzStoners that the cannabis laws are the crime ?

and niall how is :) a mature input into a non debate as surely we all agree , once again i'll say it , that we are of the same opinion , .......... that the cannabis laws are the crime ?