New laws set to ban bong in S.A.

During a recent art show on the ABC one Sunday arvo, I saw an exhibition of art in Europe, where a turd was shut inside a tin can, a toilet made of clear perspex, and crusifixes with different mucus' laid upon them. I saw nothing that made these subject to any laws petaining to sewrage and so forth.

I think you've got a bloody good point.

rob

Serioulsy, this is about the third time this bill has been put forward in SA in the past 4 years, and nothing more is ever heard of it. Same thing was said last year, as of May 1st 2007 or April 2007 but bongs still for sale?? Its like it keeps been defeated in parliment and they dont report that fact or someting very strange :thumbsup:

Maybe they're testing the water to see if they can introduce ban on hydroponic shops

Hope not.. They said that in the past as well but mentioned the fact that there are legitimate purposes for hydroponics and whole horticultural industries that use hydroponic systems. They did mention making it mandatory for I.D. to be provided when purchasing hydroponic equipment with the info been open to police checks, bans on paying cash and bans on people with criminal drug charges from purchasing hydroponic equipment. That was a few years back and once again, never heard anything of it..

Fuck I hope they dont ban the bong though, will be a real pain in the arse if they do. Think the bill was been put forawrd this week so wait an see, last time never heard anymore of it. Fingers well and truely crossed..

Ummmmm, has anyone heard of Tally ho, Rizzla and Zig Zag????? This stuff makes me laugh. A plastic bottle, a hose, a bit of mesh. What the hell - A coke can with an indentation and some holes. People can get creative and start making their own bongs and start a back yard underground industry in black market bongs (which of course will triple the price)

It sort of reminds me of how in WA they banned ice pipes. My son tells me, now more of them just inject it or use light bulbs as home made pipes.

It's sad how parents lose children to overdoses but what is sadder is they fail to see just why their children died. I saw Anna Woods (15 year old girl who died in the 90's after taking ecstacy) father on TV telling kids to "Just say no". What he failed to see was that his daughter died because her friends were too scared to raise the alarm when Anna Woods became ill. They left her lying in a bed in a coma until it became obvious that she wasn't going to wake up. Only then did they go and tell one of their parents and the poor girl died. She had been unconscious for about 10 hours by this point. Now her parents are on the campaign trail to expouse the same message that killed their daughter. "Just say no". It's crazy how people think.

All you need is some potters clay and a bit imagination and you can make your own. Hang on to them bongs folks they will be the antiques of tomorrow.

We used to use a glass cream bottle and a normal pipe before bongs were around. Just need a mate to light it.