Cannabis Research

Cannabis research

Are you a regular cannabis user or concerned about someone’s cannabis use?

Researchers from the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre (NDARC) would like to talk to people in the Sydney area who regularly use cannabis, or are in treatment for cannabis use, about ways to improve cannabis treatment services.

A confidential online survey for people who are concerned about the cannabis use of a friend or family member can be accessed by following the prompts at http://ndarc.med.unsw.edu.au/

Interviews can also be done in person, one-to-one. The interview takes about 30 minutes and is strictly confidential. You will be reimbursed $30 for your time and expenses. To organise an interview please contact Peter at NDARC on 9385 0269 or email cannabisresearch@unsw.edu.au

haven't we done this before?

Yep we've done this before. I am a great supporter of research in general. I filled in this survey before and I defended NDARC as a university institution rather than a government propaganda wing.

However, I can't understand why a researcher would come on here and do 1 post every 6 months or so thats identical to the one before and not at least debate their reasons. Why not come on here and tell us what NDARC is on about? Is NDARC only interested in cannabis prevention or is interested in researching the entire topic, positives and negatives?

What is NDARC doing about researching harm prevention? Do you know what a vapouriser is yet? Last survey it wasn't mentioned as a way of using cannabis.

There is a wealth of information here if you bothered to ask the right questions.

I still support research in general. I am kind of pissed off about the way you are going about it though.

This is why this rude prick got such a hard time last time he/she posted, they just wander in with no credible post and expect the members here to jump and add to their lopsided, predetermined outcome research.

Why don't you people use prisoners to do your research? They'll tell you whatever it is you want to hear for $30.

Unless you can tell us ways to grow more potent, fatter buds, the vast majority of members here are not interested and find your research narrow minded and against their way of life. People here USE cannabis to live happily and stay balanced in a multitude of ways.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, unless these researchers can include some of OUR own questions and input into their survey AND PAY to advertise their research site here on OzStoners, then these spam threads should be binned :thumbdown:

This is one of the Rules of this site. I'd like to see one of the mods or admin address it in regards to this thread

- ozstoners.com does not allow free commercial advertising or Spam on its Forums or on any of its other sites. This includes signature links to commercial sites unless by previous agreement with ozstoners.com.

I think the reason their research is so bent is they source 'key informants' from rehabs, prisons, and needle and syringe exchange programs (gov institutions) - all of who are fucked up because they use hard drugs and therefore have an issue with drugs because they're lying low life sociopaths who blame the drugs for their dire stupidity. I read some research on cannabis a while ago written by a guy from NDARC and it was a laugh because it just seemed so fed by whining junky bias and written by a anthropologist who was clearly clueless (he has a PhD which clearly means nothing in the real world as you don't learn about the culture at uni unless you're smoking, growing and the rest). If it comes from government don't trust it and don't help them with their bullshit - the incredible somehow becomes credible when some dick with a PhD writes it :thumbdown:

. . . don't trust it and don't help them with their bullshit - the incredible somehow becomes credible when some dick with a PhD writes it . . . bloody 'hear hear' . . . I'm sick to death of these so called 'experts' and their 'credibility', bugger it, so what if they've got a piece of paper that says this that and the other [i've got an IQ that could get me into Mensa but it doesn't mean anything/everything I say is right, nor true, just 'cause I'm bloody smart . . . too smart for my own good really], but I've also got more 'common sense' and 'nous' in my little finger than all of them put together . . . and THEY are the ones stopping ME [and other pain sufferers like me] from getting ANY form of relief from the chronic pain I suffer and still allowing 'murderous' legal drugs like tobacco and alcohol to proliferate . . . I'd like all those NARCS oh I mean NDARC, researchers to spend a day in my shoes and see how bloody anti marijuana they come out of it at the end! ;) [as they are NOT interested in telling the truth in any way, shape or form, they're just dancing to the tune the government sings!] :D