Cloning 6 weeks into Flower

hey,

Cloning a plant so late into flower is never good but if you have no other mothers or veg matter to clone theres little choice... I dont think the rock juice would cause any extra problems than you are already going to have from it being so far in.. The clone even once rooted will sit dormant for an unknown time frame until it will revert.. unless theres some undergrowth at the bottom thats still in preflower which will revert easier than a bud clone..

howdy cloner,

not an ideal scenario i know but i've obviously hidden the spare seeds a bit too well :peace: and i'd really like to hang on to this strain if i can. i've taken the cuts from the least progressed undergrowth but they still have small popcorn buds with brown pistils. i've taken some before at about 4 weeks that returned to full veg growth about 10 days after rooting but i guess these are a different story being so far gone. if they do come good though was just a little concerned that the rock juice may stunt upward growth... will be an interesting experiment at least i spose.

Yo SM,

I haven't tried cloning that late in flowering but you really have nothing to lose trying. You have another option though. That is to re-veg the entire plant after harvest. I've done it many times and while some strains re-veg better then others, I've only lost two. Leave at least 6 inches of the main stem and some side branches with some leaves. Pull the root ball and trim off the bottom third and add some fresh dirt to the pot. Then put it under 24 hour lights and feed it a bit of B-1 plant-start or superthrive and within a few weeks you should be seeing some new veg growth.

One especially nice thing about re-veg plants is that the grow really bushy with lots of little branches for cloning. Sort of a natural bonzai and they make excellent clone mothers. Some people say that re-vegged plants are actually more potent then the original. I can't confirm that. Good luck and may you have a flash and remember where you hid your seeds! :peace:

Dee