Police launch "Dial-in-a-Druggie" campaign

Police launch 'Dial-in-a-Druggie' campaign

January 12, 2008 - 9:40AM

Southern Queensland residents are being urged to join police in a week-long campaign to crack down on drug-related offences.

Dial-in-a-Druggie urges the community to anonymously phone Crime Stoppers with any information relating to drug-related activity.

The community is encouraged to give police any information relating to the production, manufacturing and distribution of illicit drugs.

The campaign will run from tomorrow to Saturday, January 19.

A police spokesperson said the campaign aimed to gather vital information about drug activities, which could lead to the successful prosecution and conviction of offenders.

''Drug-related crimes can be reduced by further developing a strong partnership between the community and police,'' the spokesman said.

''The information you provide may assist police to arrest drug dealers and reduce the impact drugs have on the community.''

The campaign is directed at nearly half a million people who live in the Roma, Warwick, Charleville, Dalby, Toowoomba and Ipswich areas.

Anyone with information on drug-related activities is urged to phone Crime Stoppers anonymously on 1800 333 000.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/queen...9988630907.html

This shits me. Totally un-Australian. :thumbdown:

Lazy coppers do your own dirty work.

Same here. But seriously, how many people do you hear causing major trouble to the community that is directly related to drugs? There might be the occasional ice or speed incident, or PMA, but apart from that, drugs really pose little threat. Pfft, corrupt government. Going mad with power...

I would suggest to all our queensland members that an anonymous phone call dobbing in a local copper as a dealer, or even better a few family members of politicians, should be a good start to shutting this down :thumbsup:

yeah right :thumbdown: not a hope in hell i think of shutting it down.

here some one ring em up and give em my number it's (07) 38259680 thats (07) FUCKYOUo......:thumbdown:

hmmm... ok, so the 3 types of people that have anything to do with drugs are the people that grow/make, deal or use.

- a growing isn't going to dob anyone in... he/she gets no money

- a dealer isn't going to dob anyone in either... he/she get no money either

- a user isn't going to dob anyone in cos then they don't get to enjoy life their own way

did i miss anyone? don't think so.... waste of time and money then?

Warning / Disclaimer: This site contains information regarding cannabis / marijuana & other drugs, it is designed for mature audiences. The content displayed on this site is for entertainment and educational purposes only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis / marijuana or viewing of this controversial material by minors. Dealing of cannabis / marijuana is strictly prohibited on this site.
Edited by Tom
Please do not make posts soliciting drugs on this site.

Yea this is bad , a low act .. but there's plenty of ppl who ring in dont you worry .. we had them in SA when i was there and they do have a big publicity stunt when its all over to show how "successful" the phone-in was :thumbdown:

mind you there are plenty of ppl dobbing in ex-'friends', neighbours etc , as a kind of ridiculous payback or some shit ... its a bloody disgrace when they try to get folk to turn on each other ...

best thing is if you know where any coppers live ring in and report them :freak: .. one of me mates rang in and reported the police commisioner cause he knew his address :thumbdown: lmao ... course nothing happened but i bet it pisses 'em off

stay safe ppl :thumbsup: