Green Dragon Queston

Okay, I don't like smoking; therefore, I've been doing Green Dragon.

I got good results with some stems and stuff that sat in Everclear for three weeks. This involved no heating of the cannabis prior to steeping it. Problem: it takes toooooo looong.

Next, I made a batch with Everclear on the stove; no preheating of the weed. This was good but not as good as the stuff that sat for three weeks.

Today, I have a batch going. This I started out by heating the weed in the oven at about 200 F for about 20 minutes.

This was mixed into a pint (16oz) of Everclear and heated to about 165 F for 20 minutes. This I intend to put in a bottle with the weed still in it and let it set in the dark for a few days to help all the THC leach out. DO I NEED TO LET cooked Green Dragon sit in the dark for days or can I just use it right away? Will it improve with age? I know it's not like single malt scotch.

What methods or tips can you provide to help with my Green Dragon Experiments. (It's kinda fun to cook cannabis in the kitchen, I feel like a medieval witch.)

Oh, I like the effects and it's the only way my spouse wants to do it.

Thanks,

23ed, i haven't had any experience with making Green Dragon myself but it sounds like you've certainly become very familiar with the ins and outs of it all!

My partner also does not smoke and will not vape as he says it's too much like smoking so maybe I can convince him with the Green Dragon! :blink: But what is Everclear and where can I get it? Some other sources use other alcohols such as vodka or bacardi....

If I may, I would like to share with you some links on making Green Dragon from the Dopefiend forums, which may be of some use if you have time to look through them:

http://www.thegrowreport.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=102

http://www.thegrowreport.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=165

http://www.thegrowreport.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=762

Good luck and keep us updated.... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the input. I'll try those links.

Everclear is grain alcohol -- 95% ethanol. I can buy it at the local liquor store in Texas.

Not sure if you can get it or not. You must use the highest percentage of alcohol available for Green Dragon.

This would be a good way for anyone who doesn't want to smoke and doesn't mind a little booze.

When I was in the military, we used ethanol to make a drink called "Purple Jesus" which is just grape juice and Everclear.

Grape juice would be a good mixer with the Green Dragon.

I'll keep you posted on my experiments.

If i was you i would just put your efforts into making canna butter its piss easy and only takes about half a day to make yaself a cranckin batch (of coarse the strength depends on the quality and quanty of weed that you use)

Pure has a bloody good recipie for making cannabutter its in the cookbook section and while ya there have a look through all the canna based munchies and main meals this will give ya a few good ideas to start with

hope this helps

cheerz :applause:

I'm with Stoney...but then I like food better than booze any day. I just made a batch of brownies with green butter (butter made with trim rather than hash) and they are just amazing at getting rid of pain.

If you have a batch of butter you can make almost anything even just toast with butter and jam!

It takes a bit longer to feel the effects, but they last for hours!

Thanks for all the input. I'll try the canna butter -- I could put it in my hot cereal in morning for a whole day's worth.

I've been having a problem with the Green Dragon because I don't really care for mixing alcohol and weed.

If anyone else has some input on Green Dragon, I'd appreciate it.

I look at all the links and the video on Green Dragon; I don't use a water bath because it's not really needed -- you just have to keep an eye on it and use a large enough pan.