trying to grow peyote

Hey mate,

me and a friend tryed sprouting some peyote seeds obtained from a site on the net. We did the right procedure to germinate them. Out of 50 seeds we got 0 to sprout. We tryed 3 different methods of germing. All have seemed to fail. The packet said we should be able to see sprouts within 2 weeks! But that didnt end up happening. i geuss we will try again in the near future.

I have no idea if they can grow indoors. I mean in theory more sunlight and water should make it grow quicker. If you do get your hands on a plant graft it to a San Pedro :blink: will grow quicker.

Honestly from our experience from seed its not even worth it unless u know what your doing. You may aswell just buy a plant off the internet :rolleyes:. They have them instock on some australian websites as there not illegal to have.

We used a light weight kinda sandy soil that we mixed ourself.

Hope this helps in anyway.

Emps

allhailthebud,

That's an intrigueing idea. It being a desert plant, there may be some special germ technique. I had searched out a source for payote cacti and did locate cuttings. I took a synthetic mescaline back in the hipie days in the states and it was nice. Seemed to be the safest hallucinogen from a psychological perspective. Didn't cause any paranoia or psychoanalytic bullshit. Clean and very visual. Better then schrooms even. I'll try and locate that source of graft cuttings if you want.

When I was married, my wife grew cacti all the time and never used artificial light. What I observed is that the more you water them, the faster they grow. Not like ganja where light intensity is crucial.

Good luck on your quest!

Dee

Edited by DrDee

I knew a guy that had heaps of peyote plants. he reckoned he had 100, but that the bulk of them were up north at his parent's place or something. I saw a dozen of them though. I don't know how long they take to sprout, sounds dodgy but.

from what I saw, they are excruitaingly slow to grow, he reckoned he had them for ten years or more. They were about 5 or 6 inches round at that age I think. Many of them were a few years old and only button sized.

He just had them here and there around the place, no-one knows what they are, so no need to use electricty to hide them from what I can see. Mind you, I have never grown the stuff. Didn't a place in mullum used to sell them? or am I crazy?

cheers

rob

i also read somewhere that they only flower once every 7 years.. and grafting one to a sanpedro.. or another annually flowering cactus they would flower every year...

also.. cactus will grow just about anywhere.. sandy rocky soil.. would be the go.. and free draining...

just wack em in the garden and off ya go.. i dont think id be worrying about growing them under a light...