Medical Marijuana in Australia

chakakan

Question

Gday,

Recently i have been doing a whole heap of reading and watching doco's ("In pot we trust", "Waiting to inhale") about the medical marijuana revolution in some U.S states, in particular california. I am amazed by the growing number of semi-legal cannabis dispensaries (hortipharm etc) that are in business and it got me thinking...

I know Australia's drug laws are state-specific, but can anyone tell me whether Australia has anything going on like what is happening in California?

I have had a quick look on a few search engines, but can't find anything that relates to medical marijuana and cannabis dispensaries in particular.

Any information would be greatly appreciated :bongon:

Glad you came back with a bit of info medcanaware. Sound like you are up to good things. I had a look at your site.

"you can't patent a plant!" Yes you can. In the US at least. There are thousands of plants patented here, I remember first seeing it on a Palace rose bush ( a larger version of a miniature) and it prohibited cloning of the plant!

Yeah your right Pam. Here too. All the roses, many flowers, probably food crops will be under PVR (plant variety rights) which means the company that produces it has a right to royalties for every cutting struck, worldwide. However as far as cannabis goes I can't think of one breeder who would have such a claim to any variety right now. They simply don't have the facilities to breed properly, even the best of them are woefully behind professional plant breeders. Good hybrids at best. Just look at hte arguments that go on about who has the original c99,og kush, skunk #1, best blueberry, stabilised trainwreck, g13,bla bla bla e.t.c.

Breeding done by certain pharmaceuticals may be a different story. I've heard of at least one that is working on cannabis breeds wit original land race seeds.

irey works medcanaware

gotta love dat

great site too

hope you come back and read diss

to help you keep up the crucial works

Earth Reggae would like to make a donation to you and your cause

I would love you to have 10 Earth Reggae cds free you can sell at your stall for $20 to $30 and keep the $$$$

we have a selection of ganga cds that will relate to yah cause

i am currently making a dvd on how to make cannabis ointment, tincture and healing oil

due to be released at MardiGrass this year

ok

go to my site and choose what cds you want --> www.earthreggae.com

then pm me your choise and address

i will post the cds to yah

do you ever do the Nimbin Markets?????

3rd and 5th sunday of the mth

make we know it when you do

i'd love to get som pix and reason wid yahz

Guidance

Radic