Medical Marijuana in Australia

chakakan

Question

Gday,

Recently i have been doing a whole heap of reading and watching doco's ("In pot we trust", "Waiting to inhale") about the medical marijuana revolution in some U.S states, in particular california. I am amazed by the growing number of semi-legal cannabis dispensaries (hortipharm etc) that are in business and it got me thinking...

I know Australia's drug laws are state-specific, but can anyone tell me whether Australia has anything going on like what is happening in California?

I have had a quick look on a few search engines, but can't find anything that relates to medical marijuana and cannabis dispensaries in particular.

Any information would be greatly appreciated :bongon:

Yes! What can we do to help?

Research? Support ? Whatever...I'm happy to lend a hand!

I've been using the MJ for fibromyalgia for several years, but I don't have a regular

source and have to rely on unreliable others to get it for me...When I have it, I ditch

3 other medications from pharmaceutical sources. But thats the problem isn't it. The

pharma companies won't lobby for it unless they can make a fortune and in fact will

lobby against it if it's a threat to their business.

How long do I have to be a slave to substandard chemical drugs to relieve my pain

when MJ is safer, much more pleasant and without nasty side effects that the other

medications I take have in spades??! I have my Dr's ok to use marijuana, and she is

an ethical, sensible person and very straight in that regard! I don't know WHY some

sly politicians sticking god knows what nasty shit up their noses after screwing a bunch

of sipholitic hookers on a government sanctioned boat trip should have ANY say over what my

Doctor tells me is safe to do to relieve my pain each and EVERY single day !

On a bit of a rant here, but when you are in pain these petty little politicians concerned

with only themselves and their greed really get my goat!

Let one of their family get some horrid condition that only MJ effectively deals with, oh

please god please. We might in fact get some movement if that were to occur.

Wish Fibro was contagious, I'd go to parliament and start licking everyones cutlery :peace:!!!!!!!!

Hang in there mate. I had tumor the size of a squash ball cut out of the left front of my brain and its regrowing. I started smoking for the headaches and it worked like nothing else but the cost is enormous and made it difficult with a Wife, Son Mortgage. I have far less seizures and am simply relaxed. I have a Phsycologist running around trying to get me a script and if he does I'll let you know. He is pretty sure he will. I am 40. (shit that looks old when you first start typing it in. How did I get to 40?)

Come into the chat when I'm there and we can share some good old pain chat.

Fred.

Nice post medcanaware. It'd be cool to learn some more of what you guys/gals are about. :peace:

Because of limited information in Oz, I like many others. Are stuck to doing their own personal thing. It's a bit hard to gain some positive forward momentum with Medical Cannabis within Oz. Hopefully one day soon, i'll be well enough to pack up me personal grow 'n help join the push to bring the arrogant/ignorant Pollie's about.

BTW Al B. That interview with Rudd (pre-election), he did start out saying he supports the 'zero tolerance' stance, but he also admittedly said he'd keep an open mind, on a couple ocassions, during the interview. So there maybe a glimmer of hope still. :peace:

:peace:

Edited by Indycar

Sorry we didn't get back to this forum, have been extremely busy of late.

If you would like to get in touch with us here in Australia, we can be found at:

www.freewebs.com/medcanaware or write directly to us at: coffsmedcan@yahoo.com

Note: 10 News has just done a news report on Altzeimer's and Cannabidiol. We have been writing about the beneficial application of Cannabidiol for 4 years now. All our Politicians know about it, they just don't care......well, not until a Pharmaceutical drug lord wants to make money from it.

We'd love to hear from Medical Cannabis users in Australia and people who are interested in the Medical Cannabis field.

A story is told of a man trying to get water out of a well. The water was way down in the bottom of the well and could not be reached. So the man picked up a stone and dropped it in the well. This didn’t seem to make a lick of difference, so he dropped another one in, and another, and another. This seemed like an impossible task for him alone, but he knew it had to be done, and so he continued with his hard slog for what seemed like forever. As the sun reached higher in the sky, passers by feeling thirsty and realizing that they all had a common goal, (i.e. to get water otherwise they would die of thirst), walked up to the man, bent down and without a word started picking up stones and dropping them in the well. In a very short time, the water had reached the top of the well and everyone was able to have a drink. How? By working together for the common good. They could have just stood there and complained that there was no water, but instead they did something about it and learned two things–

1) United we stand, divided we fall (or die of thirst) and

2) Many hands make light work.

So if we want any course of action to succeed, well then people, it is going to have to be a united effort, with all hands on deck, so to speak.

Albert Einstein once observed that insanity consists of doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

It’s time to…….

ABANDON FAILED PROHIBITION POLICIES

and

ADOPT SOMETHING SENSIBLE THAT CAN ACTUALLY WORK.

I just now caught the tail end of a news snippet on channel 10, it was about the use of a chemical in cannabis linked to fighting memory loss for people whome suffer alzheimers, with positive results in animal tests it's now being tested, or about to be tested, on alzheimers sufferes in Aus. I tried to find a link to the story on the web with no luck.

It showed havesting in an apparent lab/nursery environment

Edited by Pax

the big transnational super companies with a bigger annual revenue than some countries want to and can patent their GM crops..the goal as I see it is for them to stop people being able to plant their own food and keep seeds for the next season. that way they can charge you for growing any of their patented crops..taking more of your money and freedoms away..enslaving you to them and giving them more power and control over the populace. Plus GM food is basically poisonous and will make you :peace:

as for medical marijuana being legalised in Australia..well history has shown us that our government have no balls and will only legalise it after America does...so I think helping the Yanks make it legal would be the quickest way to getting it legalised down under.

Yep all the more reason to save heirloom seed. I'm sure if cannabis were legal there would be patents on some strains. The breeders should protect themselves, as it stands now they can't. And that is criminal in its self.

I don't see MJ being legalized in the US any time soon, but medical MJ is making strides. I have always believed that this is the way to get the ball rolling. Let us all hope that whomever "they" decide to make the next president will stop the federal assaults on states rights. If that happens then the rest of the states will soon follow the 12 and med pot will become legal.

Guest niall
I just now caught the tail end of a news snippet on channel 10, it was about the use of a chemical in cannabis linked to fighting memory loss for people whome suffer alzheimers, with positive results in animal tests it's now being tested, or about to be tested, on alzheimers sufferes in Aus. I tried to find a link to the story on the web with no luck.

It showed havesting in an apparent lab/nursery environment

Most probably GW Pharmaceuticals and Sativex, imported from the UK.