roadside testing......what's the truth?

I doubt you'd need a high court test though, you could probably get it thrown out of the local magistrates if you pulled enough data together to disprove the accuracy or intention of the test.

why aren't we getting the information together now ready for when someone gets busted?

the first thing we need to know is the make and model of test kits used in each state.

anyone wanna make themselves useful?

It's gotta be all hype, 'cause for some years now queensland has said they won't use the tests as studies done in all states where they've been used proved they were crap.

Then we had a hald doz accidents in Qld, where they suspect drugs involved, and now they're going to do the roadside saliva tests.

Nothing technical changed, last official word from Qld gov was they were all crap, all that changed was a public outcry for something to be done, and like all "justice", it has to be "seen" to be active.

But I remember they tested all the drivers as they entered the last MadiGrass. I didn't go, but the Premier of NSW, or the top cop was on TV congratulating all those who drove in for their great restraint, as after something like a thousand tests, only a half doz tested positive. The official word was the campaign worked, and all those who went to the Nimbin Grass fest refrained from smoking before driving down.

What a crock.

Thanks for all that info Jess, it confirms what I was wondering. I'll keep some listerine handy in the car ey?

Tell ya what I'm bloody well opposed to, isn't so much the fear of capture, but the fuckin invasion of our bodies! I mean a breath test is far enough, what's next? Friggin mail line IV blood tests? Finger print analsys to see if we have warrants? They make the test sound so passive, "a swab", but you see the test done on Tv, they hold ya tounge out of ya mouth and grip this fucked out thing onto your tounge, scrape it along...

It's a fuckin outrage we accpet this kind of shit without protest. Regardless of is people smoke or not, it's just wrong.

rob

rob