roadside testing......what's the truth?

This query is about testing for THC in saliva.

I have read where around 4 hours after use THC wont be detected in a saliva test. I wonder how much truth is in this statement?

If the genuine aim is to detect only impaired drivers then I hope that after 4-6 hours any cannabis user would test negative.

If cannabis was smoked say between 10 and 11pm at night is it likely you are safe to drive at 7am the next morning.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

BTW I'm in Qld where roadside testing started today; Dec 1. I heard on the news that one in twelve are testing positive in early results. It wasn't stated what they were testing positive to.

Ladies & Gentlemen fear not these tests for canna, they are USELESS one to 2 hours tops with cleaning of the teeth plus alcohol based mouth wash and you'll be sweet , these tests are a con job they are useless in fact the more wacked you are the less chance of testing positive why? because getting really wacked inveriably leads to thickening of the saliva ,you know dry-mouth disease or as the wanks er I mean Yanks call it cotton mouth , it causes the machines to not work as does cold weather they were rejected in Europe because of these reasons and others ,they will never be in all squad cars because 2 tests on different types of machines Drugswipe twin & cozart rapiscan and in the space of 10 minutes because the dog coppers know the fucking machines are Useless Crap so they can't use them like breath testing units which also require 2 tests on 2 different type machines but the time is not quite as critical as it is for the dope tests, and the filth know this so it is unlikely they will ever be deployed in all patrol cars like RBT . I believe the first person who mounts a high court challenge will easily defeat these bogus laws , but I could be wrong but am probably not. :D lol lol :unsure:

I might not actually have a website going at the moment but the research that I have done for my old website drugtestscam over the last 3 years is still sitting in my pc and I am using that data ,any statement can be backed up with quality links to affirm my arguement. eg thickening of saliva causes saliva driver tests to be mostly rejected in Europe nb the very last paragraph on this link Mr Freddie. :unsure: oh by the way G'day lol

I agree with Jess most cases don't get far in court with a good beak , I've made several posts in relation to this matter , can't be arsed linking them :unsure:

I survived a saliva test after leaving Nimbin Mardi Grass last year , the tests are dodgy the whole thing is dodgy and not even a good revenue raiser , got me farked why they bother , tho testing truckies for speed can only be good ....

ps wb Jess ? lol

Edited by Mulcontent

At $40 per test (test positive in test #1, and they have to invest another $40 for the second compulsory test) these drug tests just couldn't be rolled out too lavishly.

Nice to read the suggestion that a mouth wash and brush will clear up your mouth mess within a couple of hours, I hope that's true.

Old wives tale suggests "vinegar" gargle also removes all traces.

Just noticed on this thread a similar suggestion for vinegar mentioned.

Edited by chopitup

I am going to wait 4 hours after a smoke before driving. This wont effect me much as I don't smoke in the daytime. What we are dealing with is a fear campaign designed to intimidate us more in the same way sniffer dogs do on public transport. If I get tested and charged when in fact I am straight then I will take legal action as far as I can. I actually have few problems with drug driver testing for most drugs and even cannabis at certain levels but a zero tolerance approach totally lacks any logic.

Thanks, Jess, for the link. You all should read it. lol

I wish there was just one thread on drug drive testing instead of 5 and counting. :unsure: