Slow clones what could be the problem?

This is a new problem to me I have a few seasons under my belt and consistently yield excellent results.

I scored four clones so I put them in a fully decked out grow tent (400W hps air cooled, 150 Cen Fan, 150x600 Carbon Filter, 4 x 15 ltr dbl pots in a Recirc Sat system) The tent is well controlled and stays between 25- 28 degrees with 45- 60 % humidity.

The nute tank is 50 ltr and has pump, heater and air stones, water temp set at 22 degrees. I use rain water and set to an EC of 1.2 approx and PPM 0f 800. Dutch Master Advance Nutes with silca an zone added.

Medium I use is perlite with a feed schedule of 15 on 3 hours off... All this to me seems fine but the clones haven't grown in the week they have been in.

What seems fishy to me was the stems on the clones they where purple to begin with which I would think is a sign of age or unhealthness not sure thats why I thought I would ask you guys out there....

thanks

post-13928-1196007729_thumb.jpg

post-13928-1196007602_thumb.jpgpost-13928-1196007630_thumb.jpgpost-13928-1196007661_thumb.jpgpost-13928-1196007694_thumb.jpg

if you are doing everything else similar to previous successful runs perhaps the mother plant you got your clones from is diseased. :peace: ......sick clones at start will grow much slower since the plants have to put energy into healing themselves as well as growing...

let us know if you work out what the heck the problem was...

Hey there all thanks for the quick replies

As soon as I saw the first signs of trouble I dumped the res and went to ph'd rain water (5.8) they have been on that for the last 4 days with no improvement...

The perlite is new I try not to reuse medium, helps to keep my set up clean if I just dump everything at harvest.

Maybe a little more time is needed but I am more than likely gonna rip them and replace them with these happier and healthier looking clones. I do believe it has something to do with the parent plant being sick or old I never saw her so I am only assuming.

post-13928-1196039305_thumb.jpgpost-13928-1196039338_thumb.jpg

I will keep them in for another week as it would be a shame to let this strain go them probably swap them around if theres no improvement.

On that note when you stun a plant does the recovery time change much from strain to strain? I mean past mistakes have only taken a matter of 2 -5 days to get back on track?

I have the pump on 15 and then off 3 hrs, each of the rings have 3x 4mm feeders. I have checked to see if system is holding excessive water anywhere, blockages etc, but everything is clean.

This is the first time I have used this particular setup but you have got me thinking could it be that the streams of water coming out the feed rings is directly hitting the rockwool cube the clone is set in? all 3 streams hit the clone? could that have something to do with it.

Thanks for all the brainstorming I hope we get somewhere :peace: