What are the best scales to weigh with?

I have gone through another set of scales...doh! lol

Every time I take them in the car they stop working - period. ;)

I have been using the cheap ones from eBay etc, but I used to use Tanita back in the day.

The Tanita never got damaged when they were hauled around in the car so I assume that I should get some better 0.01 scales.

What are other peeps using and what are the top brands today?

Jimbo ;)

depends on what youre weighing... me.. i need a set of scales they use to weigh wool bales.. i just grow that much.. for personal use of course.. lol

if its just ounces then a scale that just shows grams is fine.. after all a few points here and there isnt really going to matter a real lot..

i used to have a set of the black tanita scales.. damn good scales those.. but for around 300$ a set.. they are little excessive.. mainly these are used for powders.. only weighed upto 100 grams..

ive got a decent set of kitchen scales.. accurate for 200grams.. weighs in 1 gram increments.. perfect for ounces.. cost me 200$.. of course a cheap set from the supermarket would be fine too..