Federal Election 2007

an emotional topic the old politics...

i can see why people who dont vote(like me) would upset some of you....a wasted vote...however would you vote if you believed most of the politicians in charge were really 4th dimensional shapeshifting reptilian aliens with a thirst for human blood including satanic sex rituals incorporating human sacrifice?? extremely non-harmless scum who have invented 95% of the money in existence out of thin air....and use money as a form of control of the sheep/humans.... alien politicians who consider humans as nothing more than breakfast!!..well would you vote then?? or would you think i was an escaped lunatic....which is true....sorry...WAS true...however they caught me and took me and my loony mate back to the nuthouse...

the above paragraph is all true.

copied from a email that was sent

(edited same day 2.43pm) Not saying im not going to vote for them or that i dont like unions. Just an extract of what was sent too me in an email. Just clarifing.

Now here is something very sobering to consider. Sometimes in Australia's presidential-style politics, all the emphasis is on the leader.... If you're considering voting for Kevin Rudd, perhaps you should consider who would sit around a Rudd Cabinet table!!!

Prime Minister: Kevin Rudd

Deputy prime Minister and Minister for Industrial relations: Julia Gillard, former student radical and AUS president

Treasurer: Wayne Swan, former ALP state secretary

Attorney general: Joe Ludwig, former AWU official

Minister for Homeland security: Arch Bevis, former organiser Queensland Teachers' Union

Minister for Trade: Simon Crean, former president, ACTU

Minister for Transport and Tourism: Martin Ferguson, former president, ACTU

Minister for Finance: Lindsay Tanner, former state secretary, Federated Clerk's Union

Minister for Environment and the Arts: Peter Garrett, lifelong anti-everything activist

Minister for Infrastructure and Water: Anthony Albanese. former assistant general secretary, NSW ALP

Minister for Human Services: Tanya Plibersek, former student union official, UTS

Minister for Immigration: Tony Burke, former official Shop Distributive and Allied Employees Union

Minister for Resources: Chris Evans, former official Miscellaneous Workers' Union

Minister for Veterans' Affairs: Alan Griffin, former official Federated Clerks Union

Minister for Primary Industry: Kerry O'Brien, former official Miscellaneous Workers' Union

Minister for Superannuation: Nick Sherry (O'Possum), former state secretary, Federated Liquor and Allied Trades Union

Minister for Sport: Kate Lundy, former official CFMEU

And if that isn't RED enough, waiting in the wings are:

Greg Combet, candidate for Charlton and former ACTU president

Doug Cameron, NSW Senate candidate and secretary of Australian Manufacturing Workers' Union

Bill Shorten: candidate for Maribyrnong and national secretary, Australian Workers' Union

Richard Marles: candidate for Corio and former assistant secretary, Transport Workers Union

A cross-section of the Australian electorate… I don’t think so!!!

Mr White

You think the Liberal party is more representative of the general population??

The fact that many or most of the sitting members from the Labour party are ex unionists should be about as surprising as the fact that most National party members come from rural areas.

You think the Liberal party is more representative of the general population??

As i stated in my edit it is just an extract of a email sent to me. It is not my opion just some facts for people to read. I presume its correct or close too. It was approiate for the topic. My opion on polotics is just that mine and did not share any of my own opions in that post as stated.

Topics like this always stir emotions especially from people who dont read properly!

Read my fucken post properly before asking me questions

FFS

Mr White

Yeah, I must admit I did misread your post Mr White, but you could make it easier for us by using the quote tags to distinguish between what's your opinion and what's cut 'n pasted :peace:

67 what makes you think Labour won't abolish Work Choices?

I've recently heard Mr. Rudd say that this is exactly what he'll do as Prime Minister in no uncertain terms. I find it hard to believe Rudd would be making such blunt statements if it wasn't his real intention. :)

When Workchoices landed upon us, Gillard & Beazley swore black&blue that they would abolish it in it's entirety.

When Labor met with Union state reps earlier this year, Rudd would only guarantee to remove/replace 80% of Workchoices.

And considering the backflips that we usually see after an election, I can't help but wonder just how much of Workchoices will go, 60% ...50% ... :)

I agree with a lot that Luke has posted, people should definitely give more consideration to voting for minor parties and independents. If more people had done this in the last election, maybe we wouldn't have handed complete control of the Senate to Howard and possibly avoided this Workchoices crap.

I would also like to encourage people to check out getup.org.au

With 200,000+ members Getup is fast becoming the voice of Australia and politicians have started to take notice of these petitions.

It was Getup that called for increased restrictions to Political Advertising before Rudd started crowing about it.

You don't have to donate or even agree with all of their campaigns, just join up and put your name on the petitions that you do agree with.

:)

Well i think the Liberals have had enough time diminishing public health, education and hard earned workers rights again,

(yes i remember the '70's)

and hoWARd's super's sured up the slippery stayer!

Funny how private health has puffed up and blossomed....i wonder if it spins more money than the racing industry!

i think this election is crucial for life on Earth's long term wellbeing.

Labor are good at making good health care and education available to all, usually by making it more bareable for those working in those fields!

Democrats are still there to keep the bastards honest, experienced, policies for health, education, environment and human rights are sound.

Greens It really is time to address Earths environmental issues and the Greens have a vast wealth of information, vision and forethought, a solid network of passionate communities. lol ;)

;) ;)

while we're on the topic of voting, do people think that compulsory voting is a good system?

I lived 34 years in the USA, where the Supreme Court decided long ago that compulsory voting violated one's right to free speech; apparently, they saw not voting as a protected form of speech- and I can't argue with that. However, when very few people out of a population vote, it's too easy for extreme fringe groups to get control of govt- as happened in the US with the neo-cons when too few voters could be bothered to put down the bong long enough to vote.

copied from a email that was sent

And if that isn't RED enough, waiting in the wings are:

I know you copied that out of an email Mr W, but you otta tell the person who sent it that classing anyone left of Hitler as 'red' is boring as batshit. There's a lot of neo-nazis who dig that tack, tho...

Damning Labor for having unionists on board holds no water unless it's also considered that the Coalition is populated with millionaire business owners and other landed gentry. Getting working folks to vote against their interests- that is, for the Libs- is a great political trick, if you can fool enough people into doing it...

Well i think the Liberals have had enough time diminishing public health, education and hard earned workers rights again,

And HOW. The systematic underfunding of health and education is intended to do one thing- force people into 'user-pays' arrangements. Otherwise, why on earth would you have private health insurance cover in a country with a national healthcare system? Might be OK for the US, I suppose (ok, no it's not...), but not Australia.

Howard's defunding of public health & education does nothing but make the public systems appear incompetent beside the private systems- and in NSW at least, the public health system IS looking fairly incompetent. Mission accomplished!

There's only one goal- destroy public health and education so private healthcare and education interests can profit off our and our kids' backs... and like with Work'Choices,' Aussies won't know what they've got 'til it's gone. How will you feel when you have to present a credit card ar the emergency room- or you get tossed out in the street? If we stay on this path, that's where we are headed.

I'm with Luke & 67S, mostly. I'm voting Green #1, Democrats #2 where they have a candidate running (though I'm not a fan of the Dems' plan to eliminate state-level govts; federalism is a very good hedge against totalitarian rule from Canberra), Labor #3 and on down the line to Fred Nile's anti-choice, faerie-tale-based authoritarians.