lights lights lights

i used 2 400 whatts in a cupboard that size before but i did have a $25 fan in it to suck the air out .but when that fan was un pluged for about 5 mins the temp went over 40 deg and rising and im just very lucky i had nothing esle to do but to go back and have a look at the girls again cause im sure i'd be watching the house burn down if i didnt.so as tom said buid a proper room or get a new cupboard that you can cut holes in.i had a temp gauge right in front of the door so i could always see the temp as soon as i opend the door as i was growing in summer and the temp changed a bit.happy herb.

mmmhhhmm ok,,,so basically, as im renting and this cupboard ,, although big enough, is built in to the place, i cant cut holes in it,,, so im off to the salvos, next day off,, damn,, ok so with ya ventilation,, i take it one hole at the top of cupboard , one at the bottom,, i figure as hot air is going up,, also, i dont just mean holes,, if im gonna do this, ill get some ducting or something,, this starting to get hard,,, " i can hear u guys laughing saying hard, shhhiiiitttt, these dude hasnt even started yet",, ,,,,,, so, when i get me cupboard, with ventilation,, ok so with ventilation, ill be sucking hot air out,, fresh air in????? how big a fan do i need,,, and where abouts do i need them ,, thanks for all the comments, i am trying to take it all in,,, and i defiantly dont want the house on fire,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,alllrriiiiiiiighthhtt then over to u peoples,,,,

Guest Urbanhog
mmmhhhmm ok,,,so basically,  as im renting and this cupboard ,, although big enough, is built in to the place, i cant cut holes in it,,, so im off to the salvos, next day off,, damn,,  ok so with ya ventilation,,  i take it one hole at the top of cupboard , one at the bottom,, i figure as hot air is going up,,  also, i dont just mean holes,, if im gonna do this, ill get some ducting or something,,  this starting to get hard,,, " i can hear u guys laughing saying hard, shhhiiiitttt, these dude hasnt even started yet",, ,,,,,,  so, when i get me cupboard, with ventilation,, ok so with ventilation, ill be sucking hot air out,, fresh air in????? how big a fan do i need,,, and where abouts do i need them ,, thanks for all the comments,  i am trying to take it all in,,, and i defiantly dont want the house on fire,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,alllrriiiiiiiighthhtt then over to u peoples,,,,

You did say if the place you were renting was a house or bloack of flats/apartments.

If its possible you can cut a hole on the ceiling inside the build in, can build a bathroom ceiling fan and when you move out, just get a plywood and paint it over and cut it to the whole size of the build in wardrobe's roof/ceiling size, and just stick it up, and Landlord probably wouldnt even notice it, and the "hole" is no longer to been seen or even know that there was a hole cutted because you got a sheet of plywood and painted over and cover the WHOLE build in's ceiling size to cover the whole area. Hope I have explained clear here, its kinda hard because I have seen few people with build in wardrobes and they were renting :huh: its easier if it was a house renting not block of flats/apartments because there might be not enough space and the people upstairs might smell the smell sucking out.

Cheers,

Urbanhog http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sp/chefico.gif

yeh i get what ya saying,,,,,,,, i live in a flat,, theres a place next door,,,, noone above,,,,, but my cupboard is built in, BUT there is about a metre gap between the roof and cupboard,, its like they stuck a cupboard in the room and kinda stuck it to a wall,,,,, u got me thinking,,, i might cut the cupboard and then sti,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nah i cant , i cant cut it,,,,,,,,,, i will get a new"old" one,,, then i can do whatever,,,,,

so fellas,,, once i get this cupboard, get the thing breathing,, get a lightske,, oh yeah,, ya reckon a 400, no bigger, when i said 400 or 600 watt, i was just kinda checking, if there is not much in the price, and it sounds bigger, i get kinda greedy, but hey if its too hot or big an it kills me plants, i dont want it,, so with this light, when i buy it do it get the whole lot together, i mean should i get " this kinda light , this kinda ballast, this kinda refletor or is it all good,,, do i have to ask for a sontagro or get it ordered in,,, an my local hydro shop, do they make ya wait to order the stock"lights ballasts reflectors",, he seems to have lights an stuff in hes shop,, and he looks like hes right into it,," i reckon hes a smoker", but thats just me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, " im pissing meself laughing, thinking of hygeshop dude bonging",,,,,,,,,,,,,, over an out

and what would ya reckon is an ok price for the lighting, just so i know,, someone " i think pipeman" said like $220 / 260,, thats not that harsh,,, seeings though once its cranking, u save that much very quickly,, but you guys have got more experiance with these things,, what would be an UNACCEPTABLE price,, i mean, there are 4 or 5 hydro shops within 1/2 to an hr drive,, this one is close and in a nice location ":descret" or should i just check them all out,, i hate that feeling of getting ripped off while there smiling u out the door,, ,, any comments greatly appreciated

If the hydro store doesn't normally have a 430w Son-T-Agro with shade and 400w HPS ballast in stock plus a good range of mj specific nutrients then you have chosen the wrong shop.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

okie dokie,, soo its like that with these joints,, oh yeah how much do nutes normally cost,,,,, i used to use thrive"yate" which wasnt to bad,, but how much do the others cost,,,, hey dont think im a tight arse, but money can always be spent,,ooohh yeah,, can u pick which reflector u get, or do u get a standard then buy funky one???? over an out

Usually a bat-wing reflector, they work ok for me. Don't bother with soil fertilisers if you go hydro, get mj specific nutrients, mine cost me $20 for the A and B, a bit more than the Thrive but worth the extra dollars many times over.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

ohh 20 bucks,, not too bad, i was thinking they were expensive,,,,, i guess i figure all these things will be deer,,,,,, this topic isnt just about lighting, ill respect the forum, an move it,,,,,,,,,,, but thanks for all the info,, tom, pipeman, urbanhog,