Hermi question

I found this on the Amsterdam Seedbank and wondered if it is true...

Please note that occasionally specious staminate flowers will appear in the last days of flowering of a female plant. These do not drop pollen and their appearance is not considered evidence of deleterious hermaphroditism.

I have a few balls happening today on my WR, but they only have a day or two until chop so I'm not stressing. I know that they have done this due to the stress I've had them under lately but I am wondering how true this statement is in your opinions.

Also how long does it take a pollinated female to start showing seed - a week or so?

Jimbo :D

i think that statement they make is extremely wrong... Staminate Flowers.. are male balls sacks... staminate=male.. pistolate = female... and male ball sacks will most definitely drop pollen ... might be the fact that its at the end of the cycle that the pollen wont have the time to produce seeds.. seeds take about 4-6 weeks to mature properly.. so if youre experiencing staminate flowers.. at the end of flowering.. depending how close to the end will depend on how much those seeds will develop.. it doesnt make sense to me that your getting "staminate" flowers.. this would indicate to me that youve got a "true" hermie... and not just a forced hermie which would indicate the "pistolate" female "banana" flowers...

either of which will produce seeds...

just how many of these flowers are you getting??... also could you verify what sort of flowers.. are they ballsacks.. or "banana" leaves/flowers

a plant that female

iv e read will toward the end of the flowering process

throw a male ball etc so it can reproduce etc

as that wat they grow for.. the plant..

its main reason is reproduction

it can come from stress to

but u also have to look at the method for fem seeds soma uses

i think he leaves the plant to produce its own pollen

i havent read a great deral and cant be 100% with this info

i have posted it so u can have another avenue to read about

all the best

bil

Ive often found that actual 'balls/sacks' carry fertile pollen and are what i call hermie ..... whereas ive rarely had single scattered 'bannanas' that have been fertile or if they were they were too late because 90% of pistals had dried by the time the bannanas appeaered so they never really have been of concern for me

maybe the plants are getting car-sick ? :D :)

:D

It's a basic survival mechanism of cannabis to throw out a very few bannanas, generally it's brought out by stress. If it happens at the very end of flower as SS has said it's not going to have the time to do anything however if they at fully formed bannana's by the end of harvest then they will most certainly still release pollen just like if you where to come across this issue in week 2 , the only difference then is that the seeds have the time to develop

IMO this seedbank is covering their ass and possibly have a few strains that stress easier than others leading to more than normal complaints. Allot of the time if you are hearing allot of debate about whether a commercial seedbank strain is a natural hermie strain or not, The case is that it's a weak or fussy strain that stresses easily often resulting in seeded crops and complaints

just how many of these flowers are you getting??... also could you verify what sort of flowers.. are they ballsacks.. or "banana" leaves/flowers

They are balls not bananas, and they are only appearing on the sat dom pheno which is a weak performer anyway.

There are quite a few - I pulled about 20 off last night, all small.

Jimbo :D