help with white slime in nute tank

This might not mean anything, but I'm getting the same snotty clear stuff floating on the top of the water in my fish bowl (one female Betta)!

I can skim it off and in a week it comes right back. I use the stuff that's supposed to remove the chlorine from the water, it's made for bettas....

I hope we can figure this out... Glinda the good fish doesn't like the stuff at all...

There are no live plants in the bowl only plastic and glass.

Edited by Granny

Hmm well all seems fine on the nute additive side aussie , the lab made hydro nutes simply shouldn't react that way at all ! Which takes me back to organic matter and my last sugestion which is that it could simply be contaminants in your water , and when you add your oxy you kill off any of it thats alive turnign it into that slime, It could be some sort of live bactiera or mould but the chances of that are slim because of your regular oxy pluss use . However if there was stuff in there that the oxy was killing on contact then what your seing would be expected.

best fix if that is your issue is regular water changes or give a form of filtration a go like Reverse Osmosis

This might not mean anything, but I'm getting the same snotty clear stuff floating on the top of the water in my fish bowl (one female Betta)!

I can skim it off and in a week it comes right back. I use the stuff that's supposed to remove the chlorine from the water, it's made for bettas....

I hope we can figure this out... Glinda the good fish doesn't like the stuff at all...

There are no live plants in the bowl only plastic and glass.

mouldy/slimy matierial in fish tanks is normaly related to the food or due to some other pollutant in the water

For the next month or so the tank is cleaned about twice a week with 30% water changes, making sure the replacement water is the same temperature as the water in your tank and also making sure it is properly dechlorinated. Ofcourse be as carefull as possible when cleaning and changing the water because it's one of the most stressfull times for your fish and they are ofcourse at there most vulnerable then

I was starting to suspect the water here, it has a ph reading of 8 straight out of the tap

I use run to waste system so it must be in the supply rather than my tank as tank is gone in 2 to 3 days

RO water would be great be expensive.

thanks for all your help

cheers

aussie

dependign on how much you need to purify your looking at between 200 - 400+ for the unit

in the end i don't think it's too much to worry about if yoru usign oxy as that will kill off any of the bad shit in there , really though in RTW it's not a big issue if you can let it not bother you hehe