Brownies that failed. why?

So we were at the snow sitting watching TV with the 4 cone swivle bong going. and we all had the muchies bad, so we were thinking of making brownies, then it came to mind to make weed brownies.

We chopped up the weed and put it with the butter at a ratio of 40% weed 60% butter and their was about a quart in the pot.

Well it was a package mix so i dunno. we added the butter into the mixture etc and cooked the brownies (it wasent a big batch) and we got like eight brownies. But it hardly worked at all. the non stoned person had one and he dident get stoned at all.

Any ideas why it failed and we wasted a quart?

I think it is because the butter dident get a chance to leach all the thc out of the bud.

Thc is oil base and needs to mix with another oil base like butter, but it needs to be cooked for a wile so all the hot oil from the butter will mix with all the cannabis and it will leach all the thc out of the out of the buds and mix with the butter.

When making u need to simmer it for a min of 6 hours imo to get a good batch of canna butter and how strong it will depends on what u put in and how much...

Might have also had the oven on too hot for the thc. If the packet instructions say 180c for 20 mins or something like that.. Drop the temp down just a notch and let it go a bit longer. Also... If my memory serves me well brownies ask for an egg or two... dry putting just the whites instead of a whole egg, and add a smidge of water or milk if it's too thick.

I'm not exactly sure how you did your butter, and sure as hell ain't got 6 hours to wait while ya got the munchies lol. Was it melted down or just added the chopped bud and mushed it up? The first scenario should have worked better, could also have skipped any egg in that case altogether.

Hope next time works better for ya lol

:peace: and :whistle:

Pebbz

I'm gonna try out a few different things once I've got a nice big kitchen and no oldies hanging about, so look out for the recipes... cuz there'll be a shitload lol

I love cinnamon and if you're baking things like brownies, muffins, cookies, cakes etc... a smidgeon of cinnamon would mask that weed smell just a bit and add a little zing to your cooking. Dare to sprinkle a bit in your next curry! lol

Every recipe has come about because someone has had a go, trial and error... wonder what would happen if I added this or did that. I'm on a path to discovery people! hehe

:peace: and :whistle:

Pebbz

I did make cana--butter. Put the butter into the pot first then let it weld down then added the chopped bud and cooked it on the stove for about 5-10 mins. then we poored the hot liquid directly into the mixture

We also used 1 or 2 eggs with the yolk.

so the cooking of the butter went well. we wernt exactly sure how long to simmer the butter onto the stove for and thought 5-10 minutes was all we really needed.

Some more questions for the future.

1. How long do i let it cook on the stove for?

2. Do I poor the hot liquid into the mixture or let it cool and become solid again?

3. is using a packet mix a bad idea? and if done correctly will a packet mix work?

next time you make cannabutter you should simmer your plant material up in a big pot with the butter in there as well. given atleast 6 hours of simming you can then strain the plant material off using a silk screen, a towel, siv, etc. but you MUST collect all the water and really sqeeze all the plant material as it will contain most of the butter. put that in the fridge overnight, the butter rises and then sets making collection very easy :peace:

that answers your first question, the second is you should probably melt it before adding it to anything as the butter will only soften slightly after making it canna butter and for your 3rd question, packet mixes make great canna foods, but a little extra butter makes things just that little bit more enjoyable :peace: